Following Women's World Cup Page 20

    Next Last
  • Armoured_Bear 7 Jul 2019 17:44:46 28,871 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    USA not been on a 3rd goal it seems..
  • Baihu1983 7 Jul 2019 17:45:14 12,460 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    FWB wrote:
    The Yank team are classless arrogant twats, so yeah, come on Netherlands.
    That tea celebration was beautiful though.
    I liked Sophie Turner's response to the whole thing
  • Armoured_Bear 7 Jul 2019 17:52:57 28,871 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    FWB wrote:
    The Yank team are classless arrogant twats, so yeah, come on Netherlands.
    That tea celebration was beautiful though.
    I liked Sophie Turner's response to the whole thing
    “The UK women’s football team lost”?
  • Armoured_Bear 7 Jul 2019 17:53:59 28,871 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think Jonathon Pearce is the most annoying commentator I’ve ever heard.
  • bananaforscale 7 Jul 2019 17:57:35 33 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    the woman sat next to him tutting and sucking her teeth every 5 minutes was a close second
  • senso-ji 7 Jul 2019 17:57:49 10,089 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So, how does the saying go?

    'Football is a game of two halves. And in the end the Americans win.'
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 7 Jul 2019 18:00:39 13,999 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The US haven't lost in 44 games now, including 12 World Cup games as part of this streak
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 7 Jul 2019 18:02:40 13,999 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Now maybe the BBC should put its schedule where it's mouth is and move the Women's Football Show from midnight to an hour people might actually discover it for the new season
  • Baihu1983 7 Jul 2019 18:03:09 12,460 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    FWB wrote:
    The Yank team are classless arrogant twats, so yeah, come on Netherlands.
    That tea celebration was beautiful though.
    I liked Sophie Turner's response to the whole thing
    “The UK women’s football team lost”?
    Said the people complaining are probably sit at home millennials drinking kombucha.

    Apparently the tea celebration was for Turner
  • bananaforscale 7 Jul 2019 18:10:20 33 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    Now maybe the BBC should put its schedule where it's mouth is and move the Women's Football Show from midnight to an hour people might actually discover it for the new season
    The Football League show starts at 11.45pm on a good day.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 7 Jul 2019 18:15:41 13,999 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah but people go look or set Sky+ for it because it already has an audience. The Women's Show needs to be scheduled in a way that people can discover it exists in the first place
  • Graxlar_v3 7 Jul 2019 18:47:39 10,225 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    FWB wrote:
    The Yank team are classless arrogant twats, so yeah, come on Netherlands.
    That tea celebration was beautiful though.
    I liked Sophie Turner's response to the whole thing
    “The UK women’s football team lost”?
    Said the people complaining are probably sit at home millennials drinking kombucha.

    Apparently the tea celebration was for Turner
    Was anyone really complaining? I just thought it was dumb as it’s not like we really give two shits about a war from hundreds of years ago (that ‘we’ lost)
  • You-can-call-me-kal 7 Jul 2019 20:45:12 20,086 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    This is pleasing

    https://twitter.com/skenigsberg/status/1147923363169480706?s=21
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 7 Jul 2019 21:00:23 13,999 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Marvellous stuff
  • Load_2.0 7 Jul 2019 21:03:22 31,893 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I really struggle with hearing chants and crowd noises. I can hear Trump but not the rest.
  • nickthegun 7 Jul 2019 21:16:46 82,363 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    You're just missing the word 'fuck'
  • challenge_hanukkah 7 Jul 2019 21:20:18 12,844 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    America's football morons are a cut above our homegrown mongers.

    Our lot would be chanting "FREE TOMMY ROBINSON!" and shitting on the bar.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 7 Jul 2019 21:39:35 13,999 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    One question

    Was the band at the final The England Band (having optimistically booked ahead) or have either the Dutch or Yanks copied us?
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 7 Jul 2019 21:41:07 13,999 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Also

    The I Believe chant would scan a lot better if it went

    I
    I believe
    I believe that we will win

    Than the actual version which goes

    I
    I believe
    I believe that
    I believe that we
    I believe that we will win
  • Psychotext 7 Jul 2019 22:45:00 67,182 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Quite possibly the best part of this win is how angry it'll be making Trump.
  • JamboWayOh 7 Jul 2019 22:51:28 20,053 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Quite possibly the best part of this win is how angry it'll be making Trump.
    Hang on...

    https://deadspin.com/live-fox-news-report-about-world-cup-win-interrupted-by-1836167457
  • Armoured_Bear 7 Jul 2019 23:28:56 28,871 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    One question

    Was the band at the final The England Band (having optimistically booked ahead) or have either the Dutch or Yanks copied us?
    Dutch also have a shit band.
  • TheSaint 7 Jul 2019 23:34:34 19,702 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    It sounded like they were playing kazoos.
  • askew 11 Mar 2020 21:55:13 21,564 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Watching the She Believes Cup. Phil's got a nice tan. England are making a meal of their efforts
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 11 Mar 2020 23:54:38 13,999 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This year’s tournament feels a bit flat to me.

    I know it’s always been largely a PR showcase for the USWNT but after so many years of them being on top it’s starting to wear a bit thin
  • Next Last
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.