Following Westworld (TV show) Page 25

• [maven] 26 Apr 2018 16:35:11 5,585 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Season Pass for S2 is available on the German iTunes Store, at least (with Episode 1 available). No more of this Sky exclusive bollocks! \o/
  • Baihu1983 30 Apr 2018 10:34:31 10,207 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    With how bad things are already good knows what they have planned for the next 3 seasons?

Guessing we will see the other parks with the shogun already teased
  • Vice.Destroyer 7 May 2018 10:50:41 7,187 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Has anybody talked about how the hosts are powered? And also charged?
  • Mola_Ram 7 May 2018 11:44:41 18,231 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Is McPoyle still in it? Or are they not doing the flashbacks anymore.
    /answers own question

Yes! Though maybe only for an episode or two.
  • Duffking 7 May 2018 14:08:57 15,748 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Good episode that.

Interesting theory I saw regarding the Ghost Nation is that they're rounding up and protecting Humans. Given season 1 where they believe them to be gods and having drawn images of them, they might see them as the people who fix them and resurrect them when they die. As the rest of the hosts see them as savages they haven't had the "truth" communicated to them. Plus as Maeve's host hacking didn't work on them, they might be on a different network like the off net hosts we saw last season and the drones.

Also reckon that Teddy is going to turn against Dolores sooner rather than later. Teddy hated Wyatt in Season 1 and hated the role he played in the massacre. Wyatt is programmed to be his nemesis, and Wyatt is now Dolores.

I'm largely finding the Dolores stuff kind of lame though, I'd rather see more of the Maeve story.

Edited by Duffking at 14:13:40 07-05-2018
  • Scimarad 7 May 2018 14:33:15 9,452 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Yep, Maeve is my fave:)
  • askew 7 May 2018 22:57:39 17,192 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I liked that ladies dress in Raj-Land. Also the White Stripes.
  • Mola_Ram 8 May 2018 00:07:45 18,231 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The thing I'm finding kind of lame is the grown-up William/Man in Black story. It's like they put it there as a half-hearted sop to the people who wanted more of the mystery box stuff from the first season.

It feels so out-of-place that I half think of it as a meta commentary on those kinds of fans. "Hey, you wanted a mystery, so you just go off and do your own thing while the grown-ups deal with the heavy stuff".
  • gamingdave 8 May 2018 10:17:32 4,755 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    askew wrote:
    I liked that ladies dress in Raj-Land. Also the White Stripes.
    The music has been stellar throughout (Back in Black possibly being my favourite from season 1), but that was ace.
  • HoriZon 8 May 2018 12:36:13 14,166 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    So we have 3 time lines going on the past with young William, the direct aftermath of the killing of Ford which is Dolores, Bernard and Maeve on a trek for her daughter) and one in the future/present with Bernard and the swat team and now tiger lady?

Which one of the last two is the Man in Black apart of i wonder.

Edited by HoriZon at 12:39:48 08-05-2018
  • gamingdave 8 May 2018 12:44:10 4,755 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I don't think tiger lady is in the last one, she's in the aftermath one, at least so far.

MIB/William I assume is in the aftermath, though we may be seeing that (leading up to Bernard on the beach) out of sequence too.
  • Duffking 8 May 2018 12:56:19 15,748 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah tiger lady is aftermath, Bernard with the soldiers is later than that - they saw the tiger on the beach she washed up on and commented on it in the first episode, so her waking up must have been before they came across it.
  • Mola_Ram 8 May 2018 13:01:14 18,231 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I hope they don't lean on the "oh, you thought this was happening now? Well guess what IT'S A FLASHBACK" trickery this season. It was cute the first time around, but it's probably best not to repeat the same trick twice.
  • Duffking 8 May 2018 13:05:48 15,748 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It seems they're being fairly blatant about the timelines this time so hopefully they won't.
  • JYM60 9 May 2018 09:44:58 17,523 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Duffking wrote:
    Also reckon that Teddy is going to turn against Dolores sooner rather than later. Teddy hated Wyatt in Season 1 and hated the role he played in the massacre. Wyatt is programmed to be his nemesis, and Wyatt is now Dolores.
    Yeah I think this is a certainty, what with Teddy being dead in the lake at the end of episode 1 in the present/future timeline. Most likely he keeps disobeying her like at the end of ep 3.

Really liked the episode too, after ep 2 was a bit boring.
  • Psychotext 11 May 2018 15:29:48 63,520 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The PMCs they've hired have to be the worst fucking tacticians ever. Not to mention the fact that they seemed to think it was a good idea to move across an open field like it was back in the days of the Somme.

Frustrating.
  • Mola_Ram 14 May 2018 12:05:00 18,231 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well, so far S2 is better than S1 for me. I don't really care for the mystery parts of it, but it's just more interesting overall.
  • challenge_hanukkah 14 May 2018 12:13:21 7,241 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The dialogue is slightly less awful.
  • Mola_Ram 14 May 2018 12:35:50 18,231 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Episode 4 at least is fucking fantastic. For me it's the best episode of the entire show.
  • Load_2.0 14 May 2018 12:42:07 27,277 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    The PMCs they've hired have to be the worst fucking tacticians ever. Not to mention the fact that they seemed to think it was a good idea to move across an open field like it was back in the days of the Somme.

Frustrating.
    This bugged me as well, the tactics seemed to be advance in a cluster.

Why get in a firefight when you could fire mortars/rockets or obliterate with a chopper.
  • jimnastics 14 May 2018 13:18:44 1,409 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    Psychotext wrote:

Frustrating.
    This bugged me as well, the tactics seemed to be advance in a cluster.

Why get in a firefight when you could fire mortars/rockets or obliterate with a chopper.
    They couldn't do the latter because they needed to extract Dolores' dad in tact, but I agree on the former. The advance on the fort was fucking moronic.
  • askew 14 May 2018 14:09:37 17,192 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Episode 4 at least is fucking fantastic. For me it's the best episode of the entire show.
    This better be true Mola! I feel I am struggling to stay interested compared to S1. I think Hopkins and the novelty of the park had a lot of draw.
  • Frogofdoom 14 May 2018 14:19:45 9,236 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm the same, only managed the first 2 eps so far and found the second a real slog.
  • JYM60 14 May 2018 15:23:38 17,523 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    askew wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    This better be true Mola! I feel I am struggling to stay interested compared to S1. I think Hopkins and the novelty of the park had a lot of draw.
    Yeah I agree with this. Hopkins was so good. The rest of the acting isn't as interesting.

Episode 3 was good after a boring E2. Haven't seen 4 yet, hopefully it is good.
  • Baihu1983 14 May 2018 18:14:19 10,207 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Best episode so far
  • mothercruncher 14 May 2018 20:09:49 15,104 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Given up- worried this was going to go a bit Lost and, first two episodes at least that’s exactly what it did. Lots of random characters doing random shit in mysterious random ways and I no longer care about any of them, Thandie Newton’s bottom aside.
    Love the original film, killer premis. Season one explored it well. They've gone all hatch/smoke monster with season two though.
  • Gaol 14 May 2018 22:28:10 3,349 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Was starting to lose some interest but episode 4 brought me right back. The best acting and directing by a country mile.

Looked up google, and apparently was the directorial debut of show co-creator Lisa Joy.

I think the tight focus really helped that episode, and loved the fact it felt half a horror film in the lab, and half an epic western. I also think it benefited from less Dolores, jury is still out on Evan Rachel Wood's acting imo.
  • Load_2.0 14 May 2018 22:44:21 27,277 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Yeah, noticeable improvement. William's gung-ho cowboy adventures had left me a bit "meh" in previous episodes but the scenes in this episode were far more entertaining and engrossing.
  • Deleted user 14 May 2018 22:55:33
    Absolutely brilliant episode. Ed Harris is the man.
  • AcidSnake 15 May 2018 00:16:18 7,955 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Great thing about the latest episode is it gives a bit more focus to personal theories...The last few episodes were too in the air having just about anything be possible...

Love the idea of there being hidden labs just in every corner of the damn park, some hidden from everyone except Ford, some hidden from everyone except the board of directors...

So now the big question is who is contained in Bernard's bouncy ball? Same person as in Abernathy's brain?
    Ford would be an obvious choice so it's probably not him.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.