Comic Book Review feedback

• Justice-Buster 12 Aug 2015 22:51:06 81 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Evening all

Last month I started a comic book blog which reviewed trade paperbacks. So far its going decently, but I would like to obtain some feedback from people who regularly read reviews so the content of mine can improve.

I don't mind how critical it is as long as there is some valuable feedback that I can use to improve. The link is below:

https://comicbookconversation.wordpress.com/2015/08/12/review-grayson-volume-1-agents-of-spyral/

I appreciate how valuable everyones time is so anyone who posts something of substance I will throw their username into a hat and pick a random winner to receive one of the following comics of their choice:

Hawkeye vs Deadpool
    Birthright Volume 1: Homecoming
    Black Science Volume 1: How To Fall Forever
    Copperhead Volume 1
    Shutter Volume 1: Wanderlost

Thanks in advance for your contributions!
  • drhcnip 12 Aug 2015 22:57:34 6,462 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    a bit of proofreading needed in parts e.g.

The layout of panels during throughout (tautology - i'd use throughout) the comic are is set up to complement the dialogue making them it easy to follow. The colours by Jeremy Cox are vivid and bright, distinguishing its visual style from the rest of the DC lineup which usually goes for a dark and gritty colour pallet palette .

Edited by drhcnip at 22:58:47 12-08-2015
  • Justice-Buster 12 Aug 2015 23:05:01 81 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @drhcnip Cheers! Was the content of the review acceptable? I hope it wasn't a chore to read. Also if you're the only person who replies to this thread (which is a likely outcome) what is the comic of your choice?
  • drhcnip 12 Aug 2015 23:20:23 6,462 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    no probs - content-wise it reads fine, though i'm no expert in this field.....;)

comic-wise, i'm happy to go in the hat with anyone else who posts - i;m sure you;ll get other feedback of a more subject-specific nature....;)

Edited by drhcnip at 23:57:05 12-08-2015
  • Justice-Buster 12 Aug 2015 23:47:14 81 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @drhcnip No problem. I appreciate you taking the time to read it and post your opinion. I meant is there any specific comic from the list?
  • drhcnip 12 Aug 2015 23:56:46 6,462 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    wouldnt know one from the other, pal, so would go with a lucky dip...;)
  • Justice-Buster 13 Aug 2015 00:03:51 81 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @drhcnip Black Science is sci fi, Copperhead is a western, Birthright and Shutter are fantasy, and Hawkeye vs Deadpool is a superhero caper. If you have any preferred genre out of those that would be the one to take. If not I'll send put the comics into a hat too :)

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.