Games Others Can't Believe you haven't played yet Page 4

• Sharz 14 Sep 2015 12:06:56 1,966 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    MGS1 is actually the only metal gear game I have put proper time into. Just never got into the others.

I feel really sorry for those that haven't played a Mario or Zelda how can you have a childhood without Nintendo it makes me feel sad for all those kids now that only know the Xbox. Guess they have Minecraft so that's something,† I haven't actually played that mind.

As for myself never really played a Final Fantasy, yes that includes 7. I have played 14 (Realm reborn) but as that's a MMO I don't think that counts.

Edited by Sharz at 12:10:02 14-09-2015
  • urban 14 Sep 2015 12:10:42 13,098 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    System Shock 1 or 2
    Zelda
    Gears of War
    Halo
  • Rivuzu 14 Sep 2015 12:22:48 18,385 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    a decent script and voice acting plus cinematic directing
    Whoa there. I've seen enough cutscenes from it by now to know this is a rose-tinted lie. Easy boy! :D
  • Psiloc 14 Sep 2015 12:27:04 5,532 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Heh, I emphasise I'm talking about the first one, and in context of the time it came out in.

MGS went up it's own arse with 2. Then out a bit for 3, back up for 4, and out again with 5.

That's a pretty unconventional review now I read it back.
  • Rivuzu 14 Sep 2015 12:33:07 18,385 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Sounds legit tbh.

I do have the MGS collection on the back burner to get to for the Vita. I might make a concerted effort to redeem myself of this heinous sin.

Followed by talking shit about Kojima for like, weeks after.
  • onestepfromlost 14 Sep 2015 13:57:42 2,719 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I am another one who never really owned a nintendo console so only played a wee bit of some games like mario cart (although i do have an exs wii in a cupboard somewhere)

Neither of the the shenmue games (which are right up my street sort of games)
    The last of Us ( im waiting til i get my ps4)
    Any COD after MW1 (seems im not alone here)
  • mrfantastico 14 Sep 2015 15:23:26 134 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    onestepfromlost wrote:
    (although i do have an exs wii in a cupboard somewhere)
    Pervert.
  • onestepfromlost 14 Sep 2015 16:43:49 2,719 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    mrfantastico wrote:
    onestepfromlost wrote:
    (although i do have an exs wii in a cupboard somewhere)
    Pervert.
    You have no idea ;)
  • Zomoniac 14 Sep 2015 16:53:38 10,232 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    The Souls games. They look completely unappealing.
    Any Castlevania.
  • Pipedream 14 Sep 2015 18:06:11 548 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Super Mario Bros. 3 and I'm a huge Nintendo fan.

Super Mario World is one of my favourite games ever, always thought I'd be disappointed with 3.
  • Dombat 14 Sep 2015 18:28:59 1,778 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've only played a handful of Nintendo games over the years, and most of those I've only scratched the surface with. Too many games to mention on their platforms that I've not played at all.

Despite having mostly been a PS gamer over the years I've never played an Infamous, Resistance, or God of War (apart from a demo of 3) game and never played MGS4.

I think the biggest multiplatform game I've never played is Red Dead Redemption. I'm not a big fan of Rockstar games though.
  • werewolf_poo 14 Sep 2015 19:43:18 393 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I share the sentiments of others. I think I picked up MGS1 on the buzz and high reviews it was getting in all the magazines (remember them?) and I wasn't disappointed. I definitely felt like it was a stellar moment for gaming, I had never played anything like it before and it totally blew my mind. Its sad to think folk playing it for the first time now will not get the same experience as most of us did back in the late 90's. I have played it on vita since and it was just as I remembered it, a quality game that may be one of my favourites of all time, purely based on the impact it had on me as a gamer.

The only other game I can think of to have anywhere near the same impact was maybe Mario Galaxy 1.....

I urge anybody to play these two games if you haven't already
  • ozthegweat 14 Sep 2015 21:55:10 2,536 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Having only played MGS4 before, I decided to play the old games before diving into MGS5.

Although I struggled heavily with the controls for the first hour, I really liked MGS1, even with the horrendous German dubbing (fucking Swiss PSN Store). And I usually don't like those "old games you have to play", because without fond childhood memories tinting your retro glasses rose-ish, those games are often actually crap.
  • werewolf_poo 24 May 2020 16:48:06 393 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I enjoyed reading through this again

I can now add to this list

Minecraft
    Any Ea Star wars game
  • DUFFMAN5 24 May 2020 17:30:29 26,034 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Being a fan of RPGs fellow fans of the genre are surprised I have not played Skyrim.
    ...so 5 years on and I have still not played, well to be fair I have played for an hour or so ;)
  • richarddavies 24 May 2020 17:45:11 7,763 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Being a fan of RPGs fellow fans of the genre are surprised I have not played Skyrim.
    ...so 5 years on and I have still not played, well to be fair I have played for an hour or so ;)
    I've not either. I loved the earlier entries, but I just dont think I have enough time anymore to play something so big so have never bothered. Not played any of the recent Assassions creeds for the same reason.
  • Jono62 24 May 2020 17:55:42 25,350 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've never played a Final Fantasy game.
  • PazJohnMitch 24 May 2020 18:40:53 15,989 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Minecraft
    Fortnite

These seems to be the only recent games the general public seem to be aware of. So when I tell someone I am a gamer they get confused that I havenít even tried either.
  • Saul_Iscariot 24 May 2020 20:37:56 3,742 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Last of Us, despite having it on PS3 and 4, is my most obvious one. And I have, until Dreams came out, been taking part in the annual challenges here to curb buying games for the sake of it and getting on with clearing the backlog.

I even decided to do a Naughty Dog marathon as I havenít yet played Uncharted 3 and 4, which I got with PS+. But Nintendo then announced a new Paper Mario game and I have been tied up with Colour Splash on the Wii U.
  • DrStrangelove 24 May 2020 20:47:17 15,207 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Never played TLOU, but tbh from the gameplay videos I've seen this is absolutely not my kind of game. Never played Uncharted either.

Never played any Final Fantasy aside from Mystic Quest on SNES, but given how much I loathe any JRPG style round-based combat, it's safe to say that there's no way I wouldn't hate any FF game. I liked Earthbound until there was "combat". I mean... ugh. Stop. This is woeful.

Never played Dark Souls or any of its sequels. I did play Demons Souls though and hated it. If Dark Souls is anything like that, it's not for me.

Never played Halo (played Halo 3 for 5 minutes but that doesn't count--the controls fucking pissed me off and that's the only thing I recall about that game).

Never played Gears of War, although I did play Gears of War clones like Mass Effect 2 and 3.

Edited by DrStrangelove at 20:54:47 24-05-2020
  • dominalien 24 May 2020 20:56:45 9,652 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    You are very strange.
  • grey_matters 24 May 2020 21:05:15 5,283 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Wait-You-Guys-Are-Playing-Games?.meme
  • DrStrangelove 24 May 2020 21:07:41 15,207 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    You are very strange.
    Actually, suprisingly, I'm not. Care to elaborate?

edit: not meant to be a challenge and I'm not being combative. Had a few drinks and if I'm just not getting it, please ignore.

Edited by DrStrangelove at 21:09:06 24-05-2020
  • Saul_Iscariot 24 May 2020 21:10:22 3,742 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh no, you are definitely strange, love.
  • dominalien 24 May 2020 21:11:37 9,652 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    It was a joke.

I never realised ME was a clone of Gears.

Edit: hold on, I'll have a couple of drinks, maybe we can talk then. :-)

Edited by dominalien at 21:12:16 24-05-2020
  • DrStrangelove 24 May 2020 21:13:32 15,207 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I never played Gears but I always thought ME2/3 cloned it. It did clone something. I just assumed it was Gears.

edit: just watched some gears 2&3 gameplay again and I feel pretty safe to say ME2/3 apes that.

Edited by DrStrangelove at 21:26:34 24-05-2020
  • DrStrangelove 24 May 2020 21:13:42 15,207 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Saul_Iscariot wrote:
    Oh no, you are definitely strange, love.
    I'm not.
  • thenacmacfeegle 24 May 2020 23:07:41 5 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Yeeeeah... Shadow of War. I own it, I spent a shedload on it, by rights I should get hours of gameplay out of it, but I just haven't played it. Ditto, Hitman 2, Red Dead Redemption 2, Hellblade, and similar...

I got these titles at around the same time when I took advantage of some fat paychecks and sales to pad out my stock of more recent titles on steam. I suddenly had a bunch of big bad modern titles, and I kind of overwhelmed myself. I've not played a single of them since. Instead I've been replaying Deus Ex: HR and MD repeatedly. And Football Manager 2012.

But I started by mentioning Shadow of War, so I might as well use that as the case study for elaboration... The apparent lack of a compelling story (reviewers all talk up the richness of the procedurally generated gameplay, but I don't entirely trust myself to love it) and what seems to be a persistence with an awful view cone and 3rd person zoom range has prevented me from taking any sort of plunge.
  • Ror 24 May 2020 23:26:42 20,223 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    You haven't lived until you've shinned your way up the Throat of the World, cast Become Ethereal, and then jumped off the peak.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.