Following Darkest Dungeon Page 14

Next Last
  • Bichii 7 May 2020 09:08:57 3,179 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Good point :) if one gits gud then the game is more fun!
  • Bichii 15 May 2020 17:06:00 3,179 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Pretty good stuff but I feel like the game explains next to sod all. Probably best if I spend ages reading some online guide. Like the jester for example, clearly is very different to the other characters but it is not clear how to use him. How about a in game beast guide!?

Think I'm week12 or 13, I've quit two expeditions but apart from that it's gone pretty well with zero deaths so far. Plenty of mentally ruined adventures though. Got 9 of them to rank 2 and just somehow about the necromancer boss with a rank 0 team. When the winning hit was made my four characters were on 0,1,3&0 health!
  • Mola_Ram 16 May 2020 00:52:20 24,022 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There are certain classes that only really work when they're in certain ranks of the party, and become useless if an enemy shuffles them around. So if your Leper gets shunted to the back row or your Arbalest to the front, you need some way of getting them back where they belong. The Jester (and Grave Robber too) can help with that, in that a couple of their attacks move them forward or back.

The Jester is also good at causing Bleed, amazing at buffing, and at stress healing. Stress is a really big problem in this game, it's arguably way more serious than physical injuries. Particularly when you start going to longer and harder dungeons.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 08:14:19 16-05-2020
  • Bichii 16 May 2020 12:37:49 3,179 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Cool thanks, think I best read up a lot before I try the rank 2 dungeons.
  • Mola_Ram 16 May 2020 15:16:06 24,022 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Don't research too much, half the fun* of this game is finding out for yourself what is Not A Good Idea. Failure in these games is just a part of your story!

*your definition of "fun" may differ
  • Trafford 16 May 2020 15:26:09 8,593 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've been playing this a lot the last week, bought it on release and had a number of attempts.
    This time it's going well, starting on the 3rd tier bosses.
    Really lover the Man at Arm's and Highway Man combo in the front ranks. With riposte and the movement between the two positions im smashing through the regular battles.
  • Bichii 25 May 2020 16:20:42 3,179 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Not sure how much more I'll play. I do enjoy it but it feels like an endless grind unless I'm doing it wrong. I've won pretty much every week, only lost three heroes and yet it feels like almost no progression. Obviously the goal is to defeat the darkest dungeon which is rank 5. So I need maybe ten heroes at 5 rank ish. Feels like I've played this forever and I've only got maybe 7 at rank 3 and another ten at rank 2. Plus that's with almost never failing! I'd understand the loooong grind if I kept losing all my hero's but I'm not.
  • Mola_Ram 25 May 2020 20:55:46 24,022 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Are you doing Veteran and Champion dungeons yet? You should have been forced to do at least Veteran, unless you're playing on Radiant. They might satisfy your wish to die more.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 21:56:12 25-05-2020
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.