• challenge_hanukkah 11 Sep 2020 22:15:28 13,046 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Garfy

Both excellent choices.
  • Rum_Monkey 11 Sep 2020 23:14:31 1,253 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Red Leg is just so smooth, got to be up there as my favourite rum.
  • fontgeeksogood 11 Sep 2020 23:22:21 10,571 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm biased and don't drink anymore but Diplomatico FTW
  • Gibroon 11 Sep 2020 23:38:08 2,323 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Too much, possibly, probably. Bleh!

Went done to my local boozer for the first time since our local lockdown finished. Had a good few pints of Landlord, in top nick, very smooth, finished off with a couple of Appleton rums.
  • nudistpete 11 Sep 2020 23:54:51 1,246 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Lidl Festbeer - actually a good approximation of what you get in a Mass glass at a German beer festival, albeit in a 500ml can and no grilled chickens delivered to your table as you're drinking it because you're nude and covered in filth in your living room. Pretty good.
  • fontgeeksogood 11 Sep 2020 23:57:41 10,571 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Your own filth?
  • nudistpete 11 Sep 2020 23:59:58 1,246 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    Your own filth?
    It's mostly mine but there's a fair amount of detritus because I've been behind the washing machine.
  • thelzdking 12 Sep 2020 07:20:08 10,183 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Loads of beer and a miniature of vodka.
  • Nitrous 12 Sep 2020 19:32:57 2,077 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Heineken, 24 bottle box I've been gifted.
    It's alright but always taste better when it's free.
  • Rum_Monkey 12 Sep 2020 19:57:02 1,253 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    The spiced Bacardi. MiL bought it for my birthday, I've always known she doesn't like me.

Very synthetic taste to it.
  • neilka 12 Sep 2020 20:07:34 23,544 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    User nudistpete's filth
  • eleven63 12 Sep 2020 20:29:30 2,752 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Back on the San Miguel, as the Tesco offer on the Heineken had finished. Not complaining.

Went to the new Truman brewery (Walthamstow) last night (book a table) and their Roller IPA is excellent.
  • challenge_hanukkah 12 Sep 2020 21:15:44 13,046 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Glen Livit Founder's Reserve. It's a bit sweet, but it's nice enough.
  • Garfy 12 Sep 2020 21:24:33 1,476 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Rum_Monkey wrote:
    The spiced Bacardi.

Very synthetic taste to it.
    Horrible stuff
  • ZuluHero 12 Sep 2020 22:10:27 9,152 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I got some tournament mead from a medieval festival today, but I'm still not over what I thought to be Covid but wasn't, so I'm saving it until I feel better (and can properly enjoy it)

Edited by ZuluHero at 22:10:54 12-09-2020
  • nudistpete 12 Sep 2020 22:11:13 1,246 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    User nudistpete's filth
    DRINK IT.

I'm back on the Lidl Festbeer and pretending I'm getting shitfaced at Oktoberfest. Heeeeeey baby (ooh aaah) I wanna kno-oo-o-o-ow if you'll be my girl. (eins zwei drei vier fuenf sechs sieben acht!)
  • Drakesmoke 12 Sep 2020 23:26:13 634 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Slummed it and had a Corona. Me and the other half bought a 12 pack for a laugh at the start of lockdown, but we've barely drank as a result of all this, still have two left I think.

I read rumours that they were rebranding or stopping production due to Covid but it's rubbish. Apparently they lost a ton of share value but it's the world's biggest beer, which somewhat surprised me to be honest (the latter part, that is).
  • Dougs 13 Sep 2020 09:01:28 95,396 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I don't mind a Corona but it has to be ice cold and preferably hot. Otherwise, it's still Moretti and Menabrea all the way for me.
  • challenge_hanukkah 16 Sep 2020 15:13:17 13,046 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Monkey Shoulder.

No, it isn't too early.
  • b-rk 16 Sep 2020 15:19:51 1,419 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    beer
  • billythekid 16 Sep 2020 15:30:02 12,515 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Been trying to avoid alcohol during the week but sometimes you've just got to come home after work to a cold beer. So I thought I'd try some alcohol free stuff.
    Every one of them I've tried have been awful with the exception of Pistonhead Flat Tyre, which is a very nice drop indeed, an acceptable substitute to get through until Friday.
  • challenge_hanukkah 16 Sep 2020 15:47:41 13,046 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I started at 1pm.

I don't give a fuck anymore.
  • Vortex808 16 Sep 2020 15:52:48 14,002 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    billythekid wrote:
    So I thought I'd try some alcohol free stuff.
    Every one of them I've tried have been awful with the exception of Pistonhead Flat Tyre, which is a very nice drop indeed, an acceptable substitute to get through until Friday.
    Which ones have you tried? There are some reasonably ok ones out there now. I used to have a few quite regularly at the weekend when I was likely to have to drive our boy around for football matches at the crack of dawn the next morning. Not that that's an issue now we are in covid nothingness.

The bud 0% was pretty much the vilest thing I have ever drunk (except for rauchbier, which I just can't get on with at all!).

I swear by the 'Freedamm' ones for a booze free lager substitute. Brooklyn beers had a good one too and I think there's a Coast IPA that was not bad either if you like hazy beers.

Probably the better ones are the ones with 0.5% in them. Brewdog's Hazy AF and Punk AF are ok and taste and feel almost beer-y, but do have a bit of the low alcohol taste that some have. The Freedamm avoids the worst of that, which is why I probably like that most.

Beavertown's Nanobot 2.odd% beer avoids all the taste issues and is very easy drinking without giving the liver a doing for mid-week beerage. I see quite a few breweries are going down that route, which is quite welcome for sensible drinking as I get older!
  • Rum_Monkey 16 Sep 2020 15:53:47 1,253 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    I really don't get the point in alcohol free beer. The alcohol is what makes it taste nice!
  • Vortex808 16 Sep 2020 15:56:19 14,002 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Rum_Monkey wrote:
    I really don't get the point in alcohol free beer. The alcohol is what makes it taste nice!
    Indeed, but sometimes you have to do stuff the next day! :-)

Especially with the lowered drink drive laws- driving the next morning can really fuck you over if you have had a few, so safer to have a few booze-free spacers!
  • Zerobob 16 Sep 2020 15:56:45 2,506 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm so alone, apart from a bottle of Jack, bottle of Bulleit, bottle of Mount Gay, bottle of Bombay, but I've got to finish off the Crystal Head vodka first.
  • Garfy 16 Sep 2020 16:32:22 1,476 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Its very tempting. Its either that or kill my neighbour with his own fucking bussaw
  • billythekid 16 Sep 2020 16:34:32 12,515 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    billythekid wrote:
    So I thought I'd try some alcohol free stuff.
    Which ones have you tried? There are some reasonably ok ones out there now. I used to have a few quite regularly at the weekend when I was likely to have to drive our boy around for football matches at the crack of dawn the next morning. Not that that's an issue now we are in covid nothingness.

The bud 0% was pretty much the vilest thing I have ever drunk (except for rauchbier, which I just can't get on with at all!).

I swear by the 'Freedamm' ones for a booze free lager substitute. Brooklyn beers had a good one too and I think there's a Coast IPA that was not bad either if you like hazy beers.

Probably the better ones are the ones with 0.5% in them. Brewdog's Hazy AF and Punk AF are ok and taste and feel almost beer-y, but do have a bit of the low alcohol taste that some have. The Freedamm avoids the worst of that, which is why I probably like that most.

Beavertown's Nanobot 2.odd% beer avoids all the taste issues and is very easy drinking without giving the liver a doing for mid-week beerage. I see quite a few breweries are going down that route, which is quite welcome for sensible drinking as I get older!
    I'd mainly tried the ones that are easily available in the supermarket tbh.
    But I was classifying the 0.5% as alcohol free :)

The Brewdog Nanny state wasn't too bad and I've heard the Adnams Ghost Ship is palatable.
    I'll have a look out for the Freedamm stuff!
  • Vortex808 16 Sep 2020 16:38:28 14,002 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    billythekid wrote:

Certainly Morrisons or Tescos should have it. That's where I usually get mine from.

Give it a go & feel free to curse me out on here if you don't like it either! ;-)
  • billythekid 16 Sep 2020 16:51:26 12,515 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    billythekid wrote:

Certainly Morrisons or Tescos should have it. That's where I usually get mine from.

Give it a go & feel free to curse me out on here if you don't like it either! ;-)
    Will do ;)

Just seen that Sainsbury's have it so I'll grab some on Friday when I pick up some real beer for the weekend.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.