Following Marvel Cinematic Universe Page 36

Next Last
  • nickthegun 5 Feb 2019 15:06:14 76,527 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    As for Dark Phoenix, itíll still probably get released.
    Ive seen the trailer for it, it seems to have finished shooting and its slated for a june release, so this seems like an astute observation.
  • JamboWayOh 5 Feb 2019 15:16:16 11,157 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    He's like a mancunian Poirot.
  • Baihu1983 5 Feb 2019 15:47:14 10,710 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dark Phoenix had its latest test screening earlier this month and apparently it was a mess.
  • nickthegun 5 Feb 2019 15:49:13 76,527 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I don't know what they put in the coke to make anyone think Sophie Turner could carry a movie, but Im assuming its a mess largely thanks to it being a dark phoenix movie where they have tried their best to minimise the dark phoenix's screen time.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 5 Feb 2019 15:50:17 17,866 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It looks terrible. Like DC film terrible.
  • BinaryBob101 5 Feb 2019 16:26:52 26,635 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    New Mutants somehow looks even worse, looks like that's going straight to Hulu.
  • JamboWayOh 5 Feb 2019 18:37:11 11,157 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I don't know what they put in the coke to make anyone think Sophie Turner could carry a movie, but Im assuming its a mess largely thanks to it being a dark phoenix movie where they have tried their best to minimise the dark phoenix's screen time.
    I'm actually torn on who's worse, Sophie Turner or Emilia Clarke?
  • beastmaster 5 Feb 2019 20:58:38 19,017 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    There was speculation that they might not release it due to what an utter mess it is and it could really hurt the franchise. It can't be any worse than Apocalypse and that's already done enough damage. It's bound to make money, regardless of quality.

It's a bit shit that they may have bottled it again with Dark Phoenix. I thought Famke Janssen was great casting but they changed it all because they didn't think audiences would go for it. May have done the same thing here.

I'm not that familiar with the Dark Phoenix saga but if it's that good of a story, Marvel may want to do it properly. Either that or they won't touch it for a decade or so.

Speculation is that they want to just go with stand along Wolverine films to start off with. Will they cast a short, bulky guy? Jack Black to bulk up and get ripped? :)
  • nickthegun 5 Feb 2019 21:16:30 76,527 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Dark Phoenix is, very basically, 'are you still done for assault if you're pissed?'.

She gets access to her full powers, becomes a god, goes crazy and eats a bunch of planets, causing the death of billions. She gets sentenced to death by some space guys and let's herself get killed.

Then, knowing it would be like resurrecting Hitler, they retcon the whole thing to her being posessed by an all powerful space bird and brought her back to life.
  • Load_2.0 5 Feb 2019 21:22:37 28,574 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    The trailer manages to be both confusing and boring.

It looks like the filler episode for a netfilx Xmen show.
  • cowell 11 Feb 2019 10:51:03 1,689 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The official Captain Marvel website is a delight!

https://www.marvel.com/captainmarvel
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.