Marvel Cinematic Universe Page 54

• JamboWayOh 4 May 2019 10:42:13 15,589 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    They could have given the funerals their own film.
    BURN THE HERETIC
  • drhickman1983 4 May 2019 10:45:22 6,135 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    That'll be the next phase.
  • Mola_Ram 4 May 2019 11:06:35 21,707 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think there's probably a happy medium between "spending 30 minutes on funeral scenes for everyone who died", and "not mentioning a dead major character at all".

If only there were a way to briefly show many things happening in a short space of time, maybe set to music or something. I think the French had a name for it.
  • rockavitch 4 May 2019 11:30:32 1,128 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch had a brief scene after Tony's funeral standing by a lake. I thought that was perfect for characters like Black Widow and Vision. Neither were out there majorly in the public eye, not really people people in the same way as Tony was, so it made sense to have a small moment with the two people who knew them best.
  • Mola_Ram 4 May 2019 14:14:27 21,707 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I guess so.

It just seems like the Avengers movies have never really known what to do with the character. She went from being eye candy in the second Iron Man, to shooting aliens with regular pistols in the first Avengers, to having a little thing with Banner in the other one and turning into a monster (because she can't have kids right), then finally getting a bit more to do in the last couple of movies... only to die and nobody apart from Hawkeye really caring. It's not much of an arc.

Even Hawkeye got some (late) characterisation with his wife and kids and stuff.
  • crashVoodoo 4 May 2019 16:04:47 6,452 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    T minus 4 hours until I finally watch this..... Right, leaving thread now before I see owt spoileriffic
  • Derblington 4 May 2019 16:56:47 32,116 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    After she goes the team have a little mourn out by the water. Thor talks about going back in time to get her and everyone corrects him.
  • themanfromdelmonte 4 May 2019 17:19:46 730 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Technically, as a SHIELD Agent, she's MIA. Without a body, they won't pronounce her dead for some time.
  • rockavitch 4 May 2019 20:46:34 1,128 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Unless I'm forgetting someone aren't they the only two who lost someone who didn't come back? So for me it was just a nice touch to put them alone, also builds on their father/daughter type bond they've had since Ultron.
  • thelzdking 5 May 2019 00:21:41 9,632 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    thelzdking wrote:
    BURN THE HERETIC
    I will come back stronger.
  • Dougs 5 May 2019 10:16:16 90,960 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Technoishmatt wrote:
    It's a comic book story. She is coming back.
    I think so too. They'll find a way imo.

Overall I enjoyed it a lot. It does sag a little in the middle and the ending is great obviously,, but overall I think they did a good job of trying to tie it all together.

I was also reminded why I don't like cinemas much. I watched it on my own in a half empty theatre, and there were still irritating fuckers. A few people talking and someone with a never ending bag of popcorn. They were still ploughing through it 2 hours in.
  • TheSaint 5 May 2019 10:32:50 18,904 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The engineering that went in to making popcorn bags as noisy as possible shouldn’t be underestimated.
  • thelzdking 5 May 2019 12:02:23 9,632 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I find it amazing that they serve nachos in cinemas. Surely the least cinema-friendly food going.
  • Dougs 5 May 2019 13:12:10 90,960 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    The engineering that went in to making popcorn bags as noisy as possible shouldn’t be underestimated.
    You can tell how long it's been since I went to the cinema... Pretty sure they were still using cardboard boxes.
  • senso-ji 6 May 2019 15:04:48 9,921 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Far From Home trailer 2

Contains spoilers for those that haven't seen Endgame yet.

Also, multiverse confirmed

Edited by senso-ji at 15:05:04 06-05-2019
  • wobbly_Bob 6 May 2019 16:54:25 5,144 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Homecoming looks really good. I enjoyed the first a lot although doesn't match up the greatness of into the spider verse!
  • JamboWayOh 6 May 2019 20:23:38 15,589 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    senso-ji wrote:
    Far From Home trailer 2

If this is legit and not a switcheroo then that's probably the way in which they introduce mutants into the fold.
  • crashVoodoo 6 May 2019 20:28:45 6,452 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    senso-ji wrote:
    Far From Home trailer 2

If this is legit and not a switcheroo then that's probably the way in which they introduce mutants into the fold.
    Not watched trailer yet so I could be saying exactly what's in the trailer after seeing endgame I thought the 'massive energy blast' eminating from earth through the universe would've been their doorway into mutants
  • JamboWayOh 6 May 2019 20:39:48 15,589 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If they properly follow it through there's no reason to say that the next 10 year end point will be Secret Wars with Galactus as the big bad.
  • Derblington 6 May 2019 21:11:14 32,116 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Had the same convo with a mate earlier. If they're using this as an entry point for mutants they need to do it sooner than 5 years from now.
  • Not-a-reviewer 6 May 2019 21:22:17 5,866 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Why? What happens in five years?
  • beastmaster 6 May 2019 22:38:32 19,529 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Nothing really. Kevin Feige says the next 5 years have been mapped out for a while now and this doesn’t include X-Men or Fantastic Four.

I’m sure we’re going to get something Fantastic Four related in Far From Home.

They’ve not revealed what’s coming next officially but they’ve got a good few films ready to go into production or even filming very soon. So people kind of already know.

Edited by beastmaster at 22:39:04 06-05-2019
  • cowell 7 May 2019 09:49:13 2,038 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    senso-ji wrote:
    Far From Home trailer 2

Thinking the same
  • disusedgenius 7 May 2019 10:01:56 10,177 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Nothing really. Kevin Feige says the next 5 years have been mapped out for a while now and this doesn’t include X-Men or Fantastic Four.
    Sounds like enough time to make the Dark Phoenix arc viable again!
  • BinaryBob101 7 May 2019 14:46:52 27,083 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If the multiverse in now confirmed, I'd quite like to see Sony's Spider-verse incorporated into all of this too, as it's fucking awesome and acknowledges the whole Marvel multiverse.

Watched it again last night. For those that missed it, Spider-verse is up there with the best comic book films of all time. an easy 10/10 modern classic.
  • Derblington 7 May 2019 14:51:28 32,116 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The problem is that it's Sony's.
  • Baihu1983 7 May 2019 15:39:54 11,751 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not-a-reviewer wrote:
    Why? What happens in five years?
    Hopefully people forget about Dark Phoenix?
  • BinaryBob101 7 May 2019 15:47:32 27,083 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    Well obviously, that's why I mentioned them up there.

The Far From Home trailer allows this now and Sony would be a bit daft to say no if they were approached. Hell, they even mentioned Miles obliquely in Homecoming.
  • themanfromdelmonte 7 May 2019 15:48:44 730 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Been rewatching all of the film in order, after seeing Endgame. It's really noticeable watching them so close together, how overused that Krav Maga style fighting is. Nat, Clint, Cap, Bucky, Sam, Scott, Hope, Tony(when not suited), Rody(ditto), T'chala and Maria Hill all use that block, block, counterpunch, lock, block, counterpunch style at one point or another.

I really hope that when they get around to the Fantastic Four that they make The Thing a Tyson/Foreman style slugger.
  • Graxlar_v3 7 May 2019 15:49:45 8,253 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    Derblington wrote:
    Well obviously, that's why I mentioned them up there.

The Far From Home trailer allows this now and Sony would be a bit daft to say no if they were approached. Hell, they even mentioned Miles obliquely in Homecoming.
    I kinda feel like you need a MM spiderman nowadays. Peter parker is all well and good but I think Miles is the defacto spiderman now, hence why he was the only one to survive the ultimate universe.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.