Marvel Cinematic Universe Page 56

• BinaryBob101 31 May 2019 14:11:11 27,013 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    It does feel a bit weird that the stinger at the end of Infinity War had everyone going AAAWWWW YEAH CAPTAIN MARVEL IS GOING TO COME AND SAVE EVERYONE, and then she fucks off and the actual MVP turns out to be Antman.
    SUBVERTING EXPECTATIONS!
  • Mola_Ram 31 May 2019 14:15:15 21,494 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    But then one might ask why Fury didn't call her, y'know, before half of existence got disintegrated. Seems like she could have been useful the first time around.
  • Not-a-reviewer 31 May 2019 14:39:42 5,828 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    She was busy with the rest of the universe. She said that in the film.
  • Mola_Ram 31 May 2019 14:48:03 21,494 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yes, too busy to stop one guy from erasing half of everything. Just couldn't fit it into her schedule.

(I don't really care that much, I know that they needed to find some way to sideline her. It's just funny, is all) :)
  • mrpon 31 May 2019 15:01:41 35,465 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Perhaps there were two guys erasing everything in another multiverse that took priority.
  • Mola_Ram 31 May 2019 15:05:40 21,494 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nah, she was probably just on holiday.
  • Derblington 31 May 2019 15:41:42 31,987 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Itís nothing to with being too busy - she wasnít on Earth. When she was called, she came, but space travel isnít instant.

The MCU is better without her in it (though she got Tony back to Earth to make the time travel devices and the nano gauntlet, so sheís pretty instrumental) but itís daft to pick at the thing they actually fairly clearly explain.
  • richarddavies 31 May 2019 15:49:22 6,832 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    Itís nothing to with being too busy - she wasnít on Earth. When she was called, she came, but space travel isnít instant.
    It looks pretty instant to me, and that's in her own movie.

Anyway, it doesn't matter now.
    SHE WAS VERY BUSY.
  • minky-kong 31 May 2019 15:49:25 14,398 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    But then one might ask why Fury didn't call her, y'know, before half of existence got disintegrated. Seems like she could have been useful the first time around.
    The IW end credit scene gives the impression that Fury wasn't even aware of what was happening until he saw people getting dusted in front of him. Someone should have thought to give him a quick buzz on the pager beforehand.
  • Mola_Ram 31 May 2019 16:50:28 21,494 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Maybe he'd tried to text her before, but her phone was switched off because she was getting too many abusive calls.
  • Baihu1983 31 May 2019 17:52:26 11,670 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Apparently he never felt the need to. Even when S.H.I.E.LD was about to nuke new York
  • ChiefGB 31 May 2019 20:07:51 11,453 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Itís a good job fury wasnít a middle aged white male.
  • Mola_Ram 1 Jun 2019 02:25:58 21,494 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    "There was an idea called the Avengers Initiative. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to to fight the battles we never could.

...well, Captain Marvel probably could too, she'd fight those battles in like half a second. But she's always off on an adventure somewhere, so... yay, Avengers! Try not to feel too emasculated."
  • drhickman1983 1 Jun 2019 12:36:43 6,075 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The power difference is all a bit BMX bandit and Angel Summoner.
  • Baihu1983 5 Jun 2019 18:50:58 11,670 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Shock horror... Dark Phoenix getting torn a new one in reviews
  • JamboWayOh 5 Jun 2019 20:15:17 15,074 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    I'm confused as to why it's even a thing as a movie. All of the X men films have been variations of the same battles with the same characters.
  • Your-Mother 5 Jun 2019 20:36:26 2,996 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Looking forward to Magneto going from bad to good to bad yet again.
  • beastmaster 5 Jun 2019 21:01:40 19,453 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I've seen some fairly "decent" ones as in 6 and 7 out of 10. But all say it ends on a whimper and nobody seems to want to be there.
  • ChiefGB 5 Jun 2019 21:20:44 11,453 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Iím watching apocalypse again, and it really is as bad as I remember. Not only that but some of the cgi is fucking terrible for just a few years ago. From about 10 mins in, Iíve not been able to put my phone down to avoid falling asleep/cutting my own throat with the disc box.
  • M83J01P97 5 Jun 2019 21:36:42 7,606 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    I'm confused as to why it's even a thing as a movie. All of the X men films have been variations of the same battles with the same characters.
    Went into production before Disney bought Fox out, and Fox have/had always been aggressive in keeping hold of the rights to the X-Men characters, so as long as they had at least one movie in production using those characters, no one could touch the contractual rights. So Fox basically wanted to keep churning out more and more X-Men movies in the hope that something would prove a success.

This all came about from when Marvel was on the verge or bankruptcy, so they signed over the movie right to the X-Men (and the F4) to secure themselves financially.
  • thelzdking 5 Jun 2019 21:45:01 9,567 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    Iím watching apocalypse again, and it really is as bad as I remember. Not only that but some of the cgi is fucking terrible for just a few years ago. From about 10 mins in, Iíve not been able to put my phone down to avoid falling asleep/cutting my own throat with the disc box.
    It's worse than The Last Stand. The Last Stand is fucking stupid, but at least it keeps moving along. Apocalypse is a static slog.

Olivia Munn though.
  • ChiefGB 5 Jun 2019 21:58:22 11,453 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh yeah her and ďpuglyĒ j-law the only things keeping me with it, it just canít keep my attention for more than 30 secs at a time, it doesnít help that itís full of jump cuts and quick editing whenever something even tries to get started. Anyway, itís finished now but there went my evening.
  • drhickman1983 5 Jun 2019 22:17:17 6,075 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The X Men films have always been patchy. 2 and Days of Future Past are actually good, and I see the appeal of First Class, but aside from that they've been average to poor (not including the Wolverine stand alone films, which have a 2/3 hit rate). Jackman, Stewart, McKellan and Fassbender have been enjoyable throughout, though.

I am tempted to see Dark Phoenix despite all better judgement, though.
  • JamboWayOh 5 Jun 2019 22:23:12 15,074 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    M83J01P97 wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    Went into production before Disney bought Fox out, and Fox have/had always been aggressive in keeping hold of the rights to the X-Men characters, so as long as they had at least one movie in production using those characters, no one could touch the contractual rights. So Fox basically wanted to keep churning out more and more X-Men movies in the hope that something would prove a success.

This all came about from when Marvel was on the verge or bankruptcy, so they signed over the movie right to the X-Men (and the F4) to secure themselves financially.
    Yeah, I know all the history about Fox and Marvel selling the rights to them and contract conditions. I'm saying in all this time why have they played the same story repeatedly?
  • beastmaster 5 Jun 2019 22:32:17 19,453 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    They bottled it on Last Stand by having a woman is the baddie. So they decided to do a non cocked-up version...and probably cocked it up.
  • Derblington 5 Jun 2019 23:01:41 31,987 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The problems are Singer and Fox.
  • RichDC 5 Jun 2019 23:14:43 8,519 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I keep thinking about watching Apocalypse again as I've only seen a censored version on a small airplane screen. I think I enjoyed it though I was shattered on a 12 hour flight.

The censored version was quite bizarre though. It was on an Indian airline and had black bars over J Laws blue form and a scene where she was wearing a dress, similar with Munns costume, but more bizarrely any reference to Apocalypse as a god was muted (could read it in a the subtitles). :lol:

I'd happily watch another Quicksilver scene though.
  • JamboWayOh 5 Jun 2019 23:24:29 15,074 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    RichDC wrote:
    I keep thinking about watching Apocalypse again as I've only seen a censored version on a small airplane screen. I think I enjoyed it though I was shattered on a 12 hour flight.

The censored version was quite bizarre though. It was on an Indian airline and had black bars over J Laws blue form and a scene where she was wearing a dress, similar with Munns costume, but more bizarrely any reference to Apocalypse as a god was muted (could read it in a the subtitles). :lol:

I'd happily watch another Quicksilver scene though.
    :lol: ridiculous
  • ChiefGB 6 Jun 2019 00:42:51 11,453 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just when I thought it couldnít get any worse........

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.