Following Marvel Cinematic Universe Page 99

• Mola_Ram 6 Apr 2021 08:41:54 25,619 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    IMO wrote:
    They should have had him applying for a mortgage on a castle. Would have cleared all this up.
    Bet he uses all his mind tricks on the loan managers.
  • Saul_Iscariot 6 Apr 2021 08:44:32 4,289 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    davidfowles wrote:
    @Saul_Iscariot the avengers weren’t willing to hang a guy upside down and drown him in a sink to get information.
    Yes, but he had to find that guy first. That guys was in Hydra’s equivalent to the Witness Protection Program. Yet he managed to find him.
  • Load_2.0 6 Apr 2021 08:51:51 32,920 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Oh my god. I've cracked it!

Baron Zemo OWNS the bank. He knew the boat loan refusal would lead to his release!

I'm pulling the thread and the pieces of the puzzle are starting to line up like ducks in a row!
  • Saul_Iscariot 6 Apr 2021 08:58:44 4,289 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Load_2.0 gLol.
  • Mola_Ram 6 Apr 2021 08:59:14 25,619 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    Oh my god. I've cracked it!

Baron Zemo OWNS the bank. He knew the boat loan refusal would lead to his release!

I'm pulling the thread and the pieces of the puzzle are starting to line up like ducks in a row!
    Excuse me? Could you please point to me the backstory where the comics character owns a bank?
  • kentmonkey 6 Apr 2021 09:10:44 24,224 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Fixed Zemo interest loan
  • Saul_Iscariot 6 Apr 2021 09:24:52 4,289 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @kentmonkey Smart and funny.
  • davidfowles 6 Apr 2021 09:34:12 419 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Saul_Iscariot wrote:
    davidfowles wrote:
    @Saul_Iscariot the avengers weren’t willing to hang a guy upside down and drown him in a sink to get information.
    Yes, but he had to find that guy first. That guys was in Hydra’s equivalent to the Witness Protection Program. Yet he managed to find him.
    The point is, if Stark’s billions and the CIA’s trillions couldn’t do it, why did Zemo (as he was known in Civil War) need to be rich when his resourcefulness and ruthlessness (and, probably, proximity to the Soviet Union / records via his Eastern European intellligence work) was what made the difference.
  • nickthegun 6 Apr 2021 09:39:34 86,026 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Its fleshing out his character because, y'know, its a TV show where he is on screen a lot as opposed to a movie where he fleetingly appeared between people punching each other.
  • garsync 6 Apr 2021 10:17:10 279 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Personally I think it is disgusting that they introduce any character without a full 30 mins biography scene first, we need full info dumps up front.

New Winter soldier opening:

Steve: "On your left"
    Sam: "I have half a boat"
  • Derblington 6 Apr 2021 10:42:38 34,780 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    :D
  • Nemesis 6 Apr 2021 12:45:09 20,035 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    garsync wrote:
    Personally I think it is disgusting that they introduce any character without a full 30 mins biography scene first, we need full info dumps up front.

New Winter soldier opening:

Steve: "On your left"
    Sam: "I have half a boat"
    See Marvel Studio Legends...although they're only about 6-10 minutes each.
  • garsync 6 Apr 2021 13:15:42 279 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Nemesis it's a start I guess, not seen them. Do they go into family trees, and current credit rating? If they do I will give them my time.

I hope there is one about Zemo's butler, pretty sure there some meaty backstory that needs to be revealed there. Why isn't the plane food fully restocked with fresh produce
    if he really is a baron for example?
  • Saul_Iscariot 6 Apr 2021 21:09:51 4,289 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @davidfowles Whilst I do not disagree with your points, it was heavily indicated that he had access to resources that are beyond the means of normal men. He was an intelligence officer, so that could have been enough to explain how he was able to uncover things about Hydra.

But him having criminal connections, power and wealth, just embellished how he was able to operate. As someone said up the page, TV shows can flesh out characters in ways that films often cannot. Some see it as a retcon of the MCU interpretation of the character, I see it as making his character more plausible and believable. I suppose it depends on your take.
  • garsync 6 Apr 2021 22:20:33 279 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Plus he has been the character Zemo from the off, so this was always coming. He wasn't Colonel Bernard Smith who was then retconed into the Zemo character later. It was just to give fans a chance to give a knowing wink when he was revealed.

Course they change some characters like Agatha but that is what keeps some of the interest and let's them add twists.
  • Your-Mother 8 Apr 2021 03:14:52 7,276 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    File this one under “probably bullshit but weirder things have happened”, but there’s alleged interest at Sony in getting Sam Raimi to direct Spider-Man 4. And that’s not Tom Holland Spider-Man 4, but Tobey Maguire Spider-Man 4.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spider-man/rumor-mill-sony-reportedly-wants-sam-raimi-tobey-maguire-to-reunite-for-spider-man-4-a183795#gs.y8kkad

Edited by Your-Mother at 03:16:04 08-04-2021
  • Stuz359 8 Apr 2021 08:07:23 415 posts
    Seen 45 seconds ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    If they're tying in multi-verse bollocks then in theory, Sony can have their franchise whilst Marvel have theirs running at the same time without conflict.

I'm sure I heard a rumour that the new Batman movie is set on Earth 2 so as not to conflict with the 'established' DCEU.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 8 Apr 2021 08:34:24 17,132 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Seeing Tobey Maguire or Andrew Garfield in a Tom Holland film appeals but I’m not sure I need either separately.

Although a tubby old Spider-Dad with Sam Raimi slapstick could be fun.

A fully MCU Miles Morales could be a real smash hit.
  • themanfromdelmonte 8 Apr 2021 09:38:41 763 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Stuz359 wrote:
    If they're tying in multi-verse bollocks then in theory, Sony can have their franchise whilst Marvel have theirs running at the same time without conflict.

I'm sure I heard a rumour that the new Batman movie is set on Earth 2 so as not to conflict with the 'established' DCEU.
    Yeah, be a shame if they ruined it.
  • themanfromdelmonte 8 Apr 2021 09:38:44 763 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Stuz359 wrote:

Yeah, be a shame if they ruined it.
  • RGeefe 8 Apr 2021 09:51:37 1,864 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Spiderman has had an element of multiverse and clones for a while but I think it ONLY works for him. Can't have a multiverse Batman or whatever.
  • captbirdseye 8 Apr 2021 09:59:29 10,702 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    They were always going down the multiverse rabbit hole because they can bring back Cap and Iron Man when it starts shitting the bed.
  • Derblington 8 Apr 2021 10:12:54 34,780 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I think that's more on the actors than any desire from Marvel. As single movie appearances it can work but for anything more significant I doubt it's viable.
  • captbirdseye 8 Apr 2021 10:18:04 10,702 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Obviously the actors themselves have a shelf life but now they can just bring back the characters if it all goes wrong.

Edited by captbirdseye at 10:18:24 08-04-2021
  • Derblington 8 Apr 2021 10:43:57 34,780 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    That doesn't really work though - it's happening now in Falcon/Winter Soldier with the "return of Captain America".
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 8 Apr 2021 10:56:14 17,132 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I hope they stick with death is permanent in the MCU.

Plus if they’re desperate for more Cap movies they’ve always got the returning the stones and pre-retirement years to set stories in
  • captbirdseye 8 Apr 2021 11:04:04 10,702 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Like I said, it depends if the current way forward totally shits the bed. I mean Falcon/Winter Soldier aren't exactly great actors.
  • Not-a-reviewer 8 Apr 2021 11:13:10 7,268 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Maybe in an alternate universe Rhodes is that other actor.
  • Derblington 8 Apr 2021 11:20:36 34,780 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I’m mostly expecting the Falcon show ending with him taking the mantle.

The point is that the writers don’t control the characters like in the comics, it’s the actors that the audience attach to. Marvel can assign characters to different actors as they choose but unless the casting for the new actor is great it won’t work.
    Ultimately I don’t think it’ll matter, they have the FF and X-men to lean into going forward so they won’t need to worry about dipping back for anything more than novelty.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 8 Apr 2021 11:46:59 17,132 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Its not like the competition are anywhere close
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.