Following Marvel Cinematic Universe Page 109

• Not-a-reviewer 23 Apr 2021 20:50:54 7,320 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I preferred that to Wandavision. Itís not brilliant but probably still the best marvel tv series apart from Daredevil season 1.

I donít get whatís going on with Sharon Carter.
  • Blakester 23 Apr 2021 21:12:53 5,218 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Wayne wrote:
    Episode 3 was a wobble, but other than that I really really enjoyed this. That last episode was great. I really hope Sam gets his own Captain America movie
    Oh god no! Itíll be 2 hours of him making sincere yet cheesy and dull speeches.
  • garsync 23 Apr 2021 21:30:58 285 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I "liked it", as in glad we have it but is wasn't unmissable by any means. Flag smasher leader is by far the weakest point, different and more convincing actor with a better back ground would have helped it.

Surely Sharon is a Skrill, right? Ready for secret invasion, feels a little too obvious tho. We don't know how she got that power, and that weakens her thread considerably
  • askew 23 Apr 2021 21:40:05 23,262 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Enjoyed it. Liked the quip about the outfit being the same, but black
  • JamboWayOh 23 Apr 2021 21:42:34 23,838 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Blakester wrote:
    Wayne wrote:
    Episode 3 was a wobble, but other than that I really really enjoyed this. That last episode was great. I really hope Sam gets his own Captain America movie
    Oh god no! Itíll be 2 hours of him making sincere yet cheesy and dull speeches.
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/falcon-and-the-winter-soldiers-showrunner-will-write-ca-1846751990

There you go Captain America 4 confirmed
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 23 Apr 2021 21:48:46 17,587 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think my only real criticism of the last episode would be that it had such a long tail setting up stuff for future stories at the end
  • Ryze 24 Apr 2021 01:49:10 3,744 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    davidfowles wrote:
    Why did Sharon Carter take Falcon, Bucky and Zemo to the only guy in the world who could make super-soldier serum?
    There's probably two of them running around the place. The one in America is likely a Skrull.
  • Ryze 24 Apr 2021 02:05:14 3,744 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    ChaosFox wrote:
    That bus driver was either "Classic Marvel" or "typical Marvel", depending on whether those characteristically Marvel bathos-driven moments are your cup of tea. Everything else was just an uninteresting blur. I'm shocked about how uninterested I was to see the otherwise utterly legendary Tony Leung.

Personally, I'm burned out on MCU films and Endgame pretty much closed the MCU narrative out nicely for me, even if it felt like an epic final chapter tick-box ticking exercise.

Black Widow might be a nice little epilogue but it feels like Marvel is just beating dead horses at this point and has very little new to offer. I am genuinely hoping that Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness might add a modicum of depth or at least something a bit different to the franchise, but I suspect that Disney's rabid antipathy towards anything resembling mature themes is probably going to drag it down.
    Yeah, I cancelled my Disney+ back in early March at Ep1 of Falcon/Winter Soldier. 1 episode per week just wasn't cutting it for me. I don't need all of the old Disney and Star Wars stuff that's on there, so their library just isn't aimed at me.

The Star stuff didn't help - they're missing the mature stuff that I'd be interested in. Loads of the mature National Geographic stuff like Air Crash Investigation and Fight Science isn't there. They don't even have the Logan film on there. Best Fox/Marvel property of them all.

If they'd have dropped the 1st 3 episodes of FWS at once, then gone with weekly episodes, then that would have saved them. But it's pretty clear at this point that they're not making any massive revelations in the TV shows - just more back story, and one episode per week isn't worth the time. I've watched episodes 2-5 at my gf's place last week, and I'll watch 6 tomorrow or whenever.

I'll possibly re-subscribe to Disney+ when there's a significant amount of content that I'm after - maybe when most of Loki is available to stream, but if they eventually hit Blu ray then I'd rather just grab the disc.

Disney need to get to grips with mature Marvel content before Deadpool, Wolverine & Blade end up being spoiled. Surely they can just release them under a separate brand - perhaps 20th Century Fox?

Edited by Ryze at 02:07:41 24-04-2021
  • Not-a-reviewer 24 Apr 2021 08:36:28 7,320 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bluey is the best thing on Disney+, especially they 6th time around.
  • captbirdseye 24 Apr 2021 08:52:53 10,829 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    It was an ok series but they do seem lost on what they do with certain characters espeically Winter Soldier who you forget is a super soldier.

The comic flag smasher was shit and this reimage was just as bad which is a shame. The US Agent which again was poor in the comics was just as shit and rushed here. I did feel that the show lacked strong leads espeically when you compare it with WanadaVision.
  • beastmaster 24 Apr 2021 09:04:18 22,089 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Emilia Clarke has been cast in Secret Invasion. I totally forgot they were doing this.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/emilia-clarke-secret-invasion-marvel-1234955746/

F&WS wasnít too bad. WandaVision was much better IMO. Bit of a wait for Loki but that certainly looks like itís going to be a lot of fun.
  • TechnoHippy 24 Apr 2021 09:14:36 19,031 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I found it quite average overall, not terrible, just a bit bland.
  • Darth_Flibble 24 Apr 2021 09:20:18 5,217 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Didn't really enjoy it, only watched it as not much new to watch. Glad it was only 6 episodes. Loki looks like it will be fun
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 24 Apr 2021 09:23:19 17,587 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Not-a-reviewer wrote:
    Bluey is the best thing on Disney+, especially they 6th time around.
    And its started on CBeebies now

It was a BBC Worldwide co-production anyway
  • PierrePressure 24 Apr 2021 09:30:37 1,404 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yeah rewatched the trailer for Loki after finishing Falcon and it looks great, although it seems superhero stuff is going full on multiverse with this, spiderman and Dr Strange having what sounds like similar themes.

I preferred wandavision as that seemed to have higher stakes and more impactful to the MCU.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 24 Apr 2021 09:53:25 17,587 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I guess they could never go bigger than what happened with Infinity War/Endgame so going wider makes sense. Especially as itíll give them things to do with all the B-players now theyíve retired the core Avengers
  • Nemesis 24 Apr 2021 15:55:41 20,060 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Agent Sharter more like. I enjoyed the series, but my word...why are they running around and who are they saving and why should I care? Oh. Yeah, so still donít care !
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 24 Apr 2021 17:10:20 17,587 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I read that as Shatner and now I won him in the MCU
  • Load_2.0 24 Apr 2021 21:15:12 33,075 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Was a bit anticlimactic. I'm OK with tying up loose ends but pardons all round and a complete 180 on GRC policy made it all feel a little pointless.
  • Nemesis 24 Apr 2021 22:03:33 20,060 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    I read that as Shatner and now I won him in the MCU
    Now I do too!
  • oldskooldeano 24 Apr 2021 22:08:52 3,411 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Shatner as Galactus!
  • IMO 24 Apr 2021 23:07:44 7,636 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    oldskooldeano wrote:
    Shatner as Galactus!
    I can't even begin to imagine what this would track at.
  • ChiefGB 25 Apr 2021 07:14:18 13,675 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    At least a tribble dollars.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 25 Apr 2021 07:33:44 17,587 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Give him the Stan Lee cameo gig
  • Tuffty 25 Apr 2021 09:55:33 4,860 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Episode 5 was the best of the series and hyped up the finale so much for me that I felt quite disappointed in watching. Something about the action in this episode didn't really register, maybe cause it was shot at night but I also felt the camera was too shaky, I dunno it was hard to make out. Let that be the end of the Flag Smashers, it never quite landed as a legitimate threat, even the acting around it was sub par. I thought it was OK overall, it will probably be better suited for the big screen which they've already confirmed Captain America 4. They did say that the writer for the series is going to co write it for 4, so I can only imagine a similar kind of spy thriller esque story.

Edited by Tuffty at 09:56:28 25-04-2021
  • Wayne 25 Apr 2021 13:03:53 3,370 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Iím just kinda bummed that Sharon didnít turn out to be Mephisto.
  • Nemesis 1 May 2021 13:49:19 20,060 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    The Assembled series has been updated with the Falcon making of episode. Just over an hour and you see the boat too.
  • drhickman1983 1 May 2021 23:48:10 7,520 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I enjoyed The Falcon and The Winter Soldier. Bit plodding at times, but I liked the moral ambiguity.

Cheesy and on the nose, but decent enough.

The question I ask myself with any MCU output is "could I imagine this happening in the comics itself?" And the answer is yes, this felt like a marvel comic. Job done. Not sure why there should ever be an expectation beyond that.
  • drhickman1983 1 May 2021 23:50:41 7,520 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wonder if the MCU will ever be in a position to the big Knull event stuff.

Kinda hope not because it's a bit shite.
  • davidfowles 3 May 2021 16:29:29 442 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    New trailer (eventually) reveals entire slate and dates for phase four, including Black Panther: Wakanda Forever and The Marvels (which is Captain Marvel 2 apparently)

https://youtu.be/QdpxoFcdORI
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.