Marvel Cinematic Universe Page 116

• RGeefe 8 Jun 2021 18:47:41 2,140 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I see we're into nerds arguing about which IP is better, now. They're all still owned by Disney who like money and will keep churning them until they don't make money. But Star Wars is also, what, 45 and plenty of stuff to draw from.

Disney just used the money cheat like Man City to buy up the best things, so they can make more money. But creatively it'll stay fairly safe because money.
  • Waffleaber 8 Jun 2021 18:51:19 815 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    drhickman1983 wrote:
    Wayne wrote:
    drhickman1983 wrote:
    Of the newish characters, T'challa would have been an engaging lead but obviously, and sadly that's not an option. Kind of feels like the franchise is full of good secondary characters, but I just don't know if they're charismatic enough to act as a tent pole.
    The second Black Panther movie is due for release next year.
    Yes, but pretty sure T'challa wont be returning. I'm sure they'll pass the mantle on to somebody else but none of the supporting cast seem as charismatic as Boseman.
    The one who plays Shuri is pretty good. Makes narrative sense too given she's royal. But would Disney risk another female lead given the reaction to Captain Marvel and lady Thor?
  • beastmaster 8 Jun 2021 19:03:15 22,171 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Waffleaber wrote:
    drhickman1983 wrote:
    Wayne wrote:
    drhickman1983 wrote:
    Of the newish characters, T'challa would have been an engaging lead but obviously, and sadly that's not an option. Kind of feels like the franchise is full of good secondary characters, but I just don't know if they're charismatic enough to act as a tent pole.
    Yes, but pretty sure T'challa wont be returning. I'm sure they'll pass the mantle on to somebody else but none of the supporting cast seem as charismatic as Boseman.
    The one who plays Shuri is pretty good. Makes narrative sense too given she's royal. But would Disney risk another female lead given the reaction to Captain Marvel and lady Thor?
    What reaction? The kind that made Captain Marvel over $1 billion? That Geeks and Gamers/Critical Drinker crowd is minuscule at best and they just feed off each other. They have zero impact or credibility really, even though I like the Critical Drinkers stuff mostly.
  • Wayne 8 Jun 2021 19:15:55 3,626 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Waffleaber wrote:
    drhickman1983 wrote:
    Wayne wrote:
    drhickman1983 wrote:
    I really hope that Disney have the sense to ignore sexist little neck beards that troll the internet.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 8 Jun 2021 19:20:10 18,203 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I hope all the new MCU characters are female, gay, non-binary, trans or from ethnic minorities just to fuck those crybabies right off

and because we’ve done straight white dudes for long enough now
  • RichDC 8 Jun 2021 19:21:59 9,106 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I don't see those that dislike female leads being big Black Panther fans either.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 8 Jun 2021 19:22:41 18,203 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Give me an Alpha Flight movie with North Star leading
  • drhickman1983 8 Jun 2021 19:33:06 7,589 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Waffleaber wrote:
    I like Shuri a lot, though I can't imagine her being as actiony as T'challa, kinda see her as more of a Q-type tech genius. Though I guess she does a bit of fighting.

Wish they hadn't killed Killmonger. More than anything he's pretty much one of the few MCU villains to really leave a lasting impression. Whether he could make a heel-face turn and become a hero is a good question.

Still, maybe the new films will surprise us all and have amazing characters. I'm not holding my breath for the Eternals though.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 8 Jun 2021 19:35:44 18,203 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    More seriously I wonder how much extra oddball stuff like MODOK we’ll get. Its surprisingly decent.

Squirrel Girl would be perfect for something left-field
  • Derblington 8 Jun 2021 19:36:14 35,010 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Shuri became Black Panther for a while so they’ve got that to build from. Something in my gut tells me they’ll move in a different direction with it though.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 8 Jun 2021 19:43:50 18,203 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think they won’t crown a new Black Panther until the very end of the movie. Or just keep the series as a Wakandan ensemble piece.
  • Decks 8 Jun 2021 19:59:14 30,271 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    They might just Aunt Vivian it and hope no one notices.
  • Derblington 8 Jun 2021 20:11:41 35,010 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I think they said they won’t recast the role - Boseman is their King.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 8 Jun 2021 20:20:09 18,203 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    They might just Aunt Vivian it and hope no one notices.
    It worked for the Hulk
  • Your-Mother 8 Jun 2021 20:22:29 7,655 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Nowadays it’s known as a good Don Cheadling.
  • xandoodle 8 Jun 2021 20:23:23 471 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Waffleaber wrote:
    drhickman1983 wrote:
    Wayne wrote:
    drhickman1983 wrote:
    Letitia Wright is one of Britains best actors, and I own the comics where Shuri becomes Black Panther... it tracks. They probably wouldn't use that storyline, but they would keep a similar characterisation (as... it was based on her).

And that risk took over a billion globally, so I don't think it's a risk. Feigie is more resistant to internet stupidity than Kennedy.

The knock against Wright is the reason she's not active on twitter at the mo...
  • JamboWayOh 8 Jun 2021 20:52:18 24,300 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh yeahhhhhh. She said some stupid shit regarding vaccines and the like.
  • davidfowles 9 Jun 2021 07:42:01 474 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I think Loki is up in about half an hour.
  • Decks 9 Jun 2021 07:45:54 30,271 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I should be ok watching Loki without watching Wingman and Tin-Arm shouldn't I?
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 9 Jun 2021 07:53:51 18,203 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Definitely
  • Nemesis 9 Jun 2021 08:00:39 20,085 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Yep not a prob !
  • Load_2.0 9 Jun 2021 08:31:05 33,271 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    I should be ok watching Loki without watching Wingman and Tin-Arm shouldn't I?
    Watch Tin and Eagle you grouch.
  • Wayne 9 Jun 2021 08:41:46 3,626 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    More seriously I wonder how much extra oddball stuff like MODOK we’ll get. Its surprisingly decent.

Squirrel Girl would be perfect for something left-field
    That MODOK show isn't part of the MCU though, is it?
  • Garfy 9 Jun 2021 09:50:33 1,543 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Well Loki episode 1 was a nice worldbuilding slice of sci-fi, funnier than I expected too
  • LFace 9 Jun 2021 10:01:35 186 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I watched first Modok yesterday not knowing what to expect. Hadn't heard about it until a friend mentioned it in passing. Was not impressed. It felt like one of the unfunny sketches in Robot Chicken stretched out to a full episode.
  • Wayne 9 Jun 2021 10:03:23 3,626 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I am low key excited for the MCU show today.

RIGHT?
  • Scimarad 9 Jun 2021 10:59:31 9,955 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I'm really liking the Federal Bureau of (Time) Control:)
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 9 Jun 2021 11:03:46 18,203 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I wish they’d given us a double bill to open the series, I wanna know what happens next
  • Scimarad 9 Jun 2021 11:06:18 9,955 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Yeah, me too! I love how a certain part of twitter is going mad over that infinity stone related thing (which I'm NOT going to spoil)

Edited by Scimarad at 11:06:42 09-06-2021
  • Wayne 9 Jun 2021 13:46:06 3,626 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Scimarad I mean, we have a spoiler tag
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.