Marvel Cinematic Universe Page 119

• JamboWayOh 13 Jun 2021 11:33:20 24,959 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Jameela Jamil is the main bad guy in the She Hulk TV show. Don't particularly rate her tbh but I guess we'll see.
    Really? I wouldn't have thought of her as a particularly athletic or sinister actor.
    Yeah, it's an odd choice.
  • Decks 13 Jun 2021 11:34:40 30,846 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Marvel is due something really shit at some point. I wouldn't be surprised if that's She Hulk. Mainly because it's fucking She Hulk.
  • Deleted user 13 June 2021 12:55:07
    She's a bloody terrible actor. Titania isn't well known, so that might help a bit for the casual viewer not knowing what to expect, and they might completely change the character.

I hated what they did with Agatha Harkness, but at least they had a credible actor play her role (and do it well - it wasn't her fault they gave the direction to that character they did). But I have a feeling they wanted a 'name' for this, that resonated with a target audience they are going for, rather than the best fit for the character.
  • JoeBlade 13 Jun 2021 13:11:39 6,195 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Animated series and small parts aside, was Jamil in anything other than The Good Place?

Seems a bit of a slim resume to rate someone's performance on.
  • neilka 13 Jun 2021 13:22:12 23,991 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    She-Hulk is being written by the same person who gave us Pickle Rick so there's no need to worry.
  • davidfowles 13 Jun 2021 15:30:20 502 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Decks wrote:
    Marvel is due something really shit at some point. I wouldn't be surprised if that's She Hulk. Mainly because it's fucking She Hulk.
    She-Hulk was fantastic under John Byrne. Did the whole “knows they are a comic character” years before Deadpool ripped it off.
  • RGeefe 13 Jun 2021 16:05:23 2,335 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I mean, people thought "Michael Scorcese directs an epic gangster movie with Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino" sounded good.

Also I fucking loathe the high praise Rick and Morty gets.
  • Deleted user 13 June 2021 16:13:56
    @JoeBlade I guess I also consider her other TV performances as 'acting' (where she's presenter - it's still an act).

Regardless, she'll probably get chased by killer bees again on the She Hulk set and suffer a terrible injury or two that no one else will see or have recollection of, and which will be miraculously healed with super glue and some vines, with no scarring ever occurring.
  • askew 13 Jun 2021 16:16:13 24,005 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    What’s that referencing?
  • drhickman1983 13 Jun 2021 16:20:14 7,762 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    My only actual experience of Jameela Jamil was in the Good Place, where I liked her. I understand she's done other stuff but I've no reference as its' been off my radar.

So I'm perfectly fine with that information.
  • drhickman1983 13 Jun 2021 16:30:22 7,762 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've been rewatching the Netflix Marvel stuff - I have no idea if it's still considered "canon". but having reached Iron Fist S1, it's apparent that all the Netflix Marvel series are ALL TOO LONG. There isn't a single one that hasn't dragged, and it often devolves into Ninja wankery.

It's odd, Madame Gao is pretty cool as a villain, but the ninja infrastcuture below her is dull as fuck.

There's been talk of Charlie Cox's Daredevil having another appearance but tbh the only Netflix Marvel characters I'd really give many shits about are Jessica Jones and Punisher.
  • Deleted user 13 June 2021 16:30:42
    @askew Just Google her and read some of the interviews/news stories.

Let's just say she's had a very eventful life. With some of the details changing between interviews. And a lot of details changing when you read accounts of what happened from other people present at the time.
  • RGeefe 13 Jun 2021 17:06:24 2,335 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My impression is attention seeking bullshitter who knows fuck all about the real world
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 13 Jun 2021 17:51:46 19,679 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    She always gave off vacuous performative influencer vibes whenever I’ve seen stuff from her online but Mrs Maybe really liked her in Good Place so I’m happy to give her the benefit of the doubt in She-Hulk
  • davidfowles 14 Jun 2021 03:05:26 502 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    You can ruin a lot of good entertainment for yourself by expressing interest in the actors’ lives outside their performances, same with musicians, comedians etc. if I ever “make it” in any field I apologise in advance that you know too much about me. Also, if I don’t make it.
  • Trowel 14 Jun 2021 05:17:50 24,495 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Speaking of Hulk, I finally got round to watching The Incredible Hulk with Ed Norton etc. As generic as earlier MCU gets, but special mention for the awful casting of Tim Roth who must have owed someone money, and also Hulk's sultry silky hair.
  • beastmaster 14 Jun 2021 06:58:21 22,325 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    JoeBlade wrote:
    Animated series and small parts aside, was Jamil in anything other than The Good Place?

Seems a bit of a slim resume to rate someone's performance on.
    Popworld. My, those were the days.
  • nickthegun 14 Jun 2021 07:43:27 87,508 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Hah, yeah! Fuck her for speaking out on women’s issues and sexism in the media, right, lads? Stick to acting, love!
  • Deleted user 14 June 2021 07:47:32
    Because that's exactly what people have said.
  • nickthegun 14 Jun 2021 07:55:02 87,508 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Uh huh
  • Deleted user 14 June 2021 07:57:33
    Informative. Well reasoned.

Derp derp
  • Saul_Iscariot 14 Jun 2021 07:59:13 4,382 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @davidfowles I was just about to say the same thing. She-Hulk by Byrne was amongst his best work.
  • nickthegun 14 Jun 2021 08:07:12 87,508 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    Informative. Well reasoned.

Derp derp
    Don’t be upset. Just take it as a learning opportunity to look at why you don’t like an outspoken woman of colour.
  • Deleted user 14 June 2021 08:12:00
    I'm not upset. I do have a question though. At what point in your life did you take to reading stuff and twisting it to fit an agenda so you can appear to be informed and, I assume, add some feeling of self worth to your life?

Was that as a child? Teenage years? Really I am interested.
  • Technoishmatt 14 Jun 2021 08:27:29 5,336 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's how it came across for sure.

User rgeefe's hating on uma thurman in addition to JJ also didnt come across very inclusive.
  • nickthegun 14 Jun 2021 08:29:59 87,508 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    I'm not upset. I do have a question though. At what point in your life did you take to reading stuff and twisting it to fit an agenda so you can appear to be informed and, I assume, add some feeling of self worth to your life?

Was that as a child? Teenage years? Really I am interested.
    Yeah, that does come across as being quite upset. Sorry.
  • Deleted user 14 June 2021 08:35:18
    @Technoishmatt my posts came across as that, seriously?

My post highlighting that she's said she has been chased on multiple occasions by killer/swarms of bees and has suffered injuries on set so bad that she had to glue parts of her together (on all occasions people who were around her at the time have had very different versions of events).... Those come across as disliking someone due to them supporting women's rights and because they are a person of colour?

Genuinely, if that does, that says a lot more about the person reading it and forming that opinion, in my view.
  • nickthegun 14 Jun 2021 08:43:13 87,508 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    The version of that i heard that is most of not all of everything you’re upset about stems from one Instagram post by a crank journalist.

Which in turn, like most things, ends up being a bit of a Rorschach test.

Edited by nickthegun at 08:51:47 14-06-2021
  • Technoishmatt 14 Jun 2021 08:52:14 5,336 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well it came across as a couple of dudes hating on a female actor.
  • RGeefe 14 Jun 2021 09:34:06 2,335 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My advice - don't ever go near Twitter or a football match
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.