Following Marvel Cinematic Universe Page 32

• Derblington 2 Oct 2018 18:47:15 31,334 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Gearskin wrote:
    Spider-Man is my favourite comic book character, ever since I was a kid. I've got so much Spider-Man stuff, dating back to the 70s.

When Marvel announced they were going to bring the character into the MCU and saw fit to call it "Homecoming" my immediate reaction was "YES!" then followed by "ANOTHER reboot?" then followed by "I hope it's not generic".

It ended up being worse than that. To me it didn't feel like a homecoming at all. It wasn't a celebration of Spider-Man. I felt they actually removed or sidelined much of what made the character special. He didn't even make his own costume... and the one he ended up with talked to him! Blurgh.
    Look at all the positivity!
  • captbirdseye 2 Oct 2018 19:04:38 9,044 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Bet he loved Spider-Man 3.
  • challenge_hanukkah 2 Oct 2018 19:05:14 9,948 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Didn't we all?

It had a cameo from Venom.
  • Baihu1983 2 Oct 2018 19:26:42 10,809 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    But does he dance down the street?
  • beastmaster 3 Oct 2018 18:10:23 19,069 posts
    Seen 20 seconds ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Just seen Venom.

Nowhere near Catwoman bad. Still mostly fantastically shit with a few good bits.
  • nickthegun 3 Oct 2018 18:32:42 76,786 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What's the post credit sequel hook, precious?
  • beastmaster 3 Oct 2018 18:41:01 19,069 posts
    Seen 20 seconds ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    There are mid and post credit sequences. The mid one sets up the sequel which may not happen pretty well. The end one you can miss I suppose. I’ll spoiler it just in case but probably no need to. Won’t ruin anything but some sensitive souls out there.

It’s an extended clip from the animated Spiderverse film Sony have coming out in December. It looks decent!

Edit: This film as also the softest 15 I’ve ever seen. Should have been a 12A.

Edited by beastmaster at 18:42:12 03-10-2018
  • Not-a-reviewer 3 Oct 2018 19:07:31 5,559 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Just seen Venom.

Nowhere near Catwoman bad. Still mostly fantastically shit with a few good bits.
    Not being catwoman bad doesn’t really say much, I think only Spawn is a worse (big name) comic book film.
  • beastmaster 3 Oct 2018 19:18:33 19,069 posts
    Seen 20 seconds ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Not-a-reviewer wrote:
    beastmaster wrote:
    Just seen Venom.

Not being catwoman bad doesn’t really say much, I think only Spawn is a worse (big name) comic book film.
    Yes, but some reviews are claiming it is. Personally, I think it’s much better than that.
  • ControlledChaos 4 Oct 2018 10:00:47 462 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I love Venom I really don't understand the hate other than its coming from
    1.Nolan-esque gritty realism fanboys/girls
    2.Disney fanboys/girls who can't accept anything outside the MCU.

1.Its funny
    2.It has heart
    3.It has great action sequences
    4.Sounds great

I just want more
  • JamboWayOh 4 Oct 2018 10:32:11 11,804 posts
    Seen 49 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ControlledChaos wrote:

1.Its funny
    2.It has heart
    3.It has great action sequences
    4.Sounds great

I just want more
    Move over Paul Ross, there's a new movie critic in town!
  • Derblington 4 Oct 2018 10:57:33 31,334 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The few reviews I've seen pretty much say the opposite of those 4 points.
  • beastmaster 4 Oct 2018 11:01:36 19,069 posts
    Seen 20 seconds ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    ControlledChaos wrote:
    Logan and Deadpool seemed to get pretty much loved by everyone. They were excellent films though imo.
  • nickthegun 4 Oct 2018 11:04:40 76,786 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    The few reviews I've seen pretty much say the opposite of those 4 points.
    The most positive thing I've seen in a review so far is 'this is destined to become a movie that you watch watch drunk with all your friends while shouting quotes of the worst dialogue at the screen'
  • Derblington 4 Oct 2018 11:10:53 31,334 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    It's looking like I'll be seeing it on Sat.

I genuinely have zero interest in it but the lady has suggested it with some food and there's nothing else on either. I'd rather see The Predator but she's less keen.
  • Lukus 4 Oct 2018 11:16:49 21,748 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago

• Deleted user 4 October 2018 11:19:02
    Derblington wrote:
    It's looking like I'll be seeing it on Sat.

I genuinely have zero interest in it but the lady has suggested it with some food and there's nothing else on either. I'd rather see The Predator but she's less keen.
    Having seen The Predator, and now that you mention it, I'm somewhat keen to watch Venom just to see which is worse.
  • beastmaster 4 Oct 2018 12:04:53 19,069 posts
    Seen 20 seconds ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The dire-log is excellent throughout. But there were people belly laughing at supposed serious bits in the film.

There is one action sequence that I thought was really well done.

The thing is, this film is so fucking dreadful, I want to see it again. I think it’s entertainingly bad.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 4 Oct 2018 12:07:56 18,477 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    The dire-log
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
  • Your-Mother 4 Oct 2018 17:54:35 2,466 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The dire-log is libe.
  • Dougs 4 Oct 2018 18:22:57 88,270 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Lukus wrote:

:D
  • paulboy81 4 Oct 2018 18:55:21 262 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Seems people are putting Venom thoughts in here so...

It was ok.

The interplay between Brock and Venom was genuinely chucklesome on occasion, almost playing like a buddie cop movie at points. Plus there's one genuinely decent action sequence.

Save for one for two moments, the rest is tosh though.

Oh, except for the mid credits sequence where Woody Harrelson shows up, chews on all nearby scenery and out acts everyone in the film in 30 seconds flat. I hope there's a sequel just to see more of him frankly.

Edited by paulboy81 at 18:56:30 04-10-2018
  • Baihu1983 15 Oct 2018 10:44:37 10,809 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Avengers 4 trailer details have leaked...

"The trailer starts off showing the damaged Infinity Gauntlet in a field on the farm planet. As the camera focuses in on the Gauntlet, we hear Tony’s voice: “We were destined to lose.” Epic music score starts. The Quinjet is shown landing in a Wakandan wasteland as we hear Steve Rogers say: “We have come so far.” Tony and Nebula step off the jet as the remaining Avengers approach. Steve has a look of relief and says: “Tony”. Tony, seemingly defeated, shakes his head and gives a friendly smirk back to Cap. Marvel Studios Logo appears.

"We get a glimpse of the Battle of New York from 2012 Avengers. Loki is shown looking shocked and baffled as he is on top of the Stark tower. There is a flash of a blue light as the camera pans back. (Cuts to black) Next we see the Wakandan throne with M’Baku at the helm. He’s surrounded by his new kingsguard. (A mix of the hill tribe and Dora Milaje). Shuri and Banner are seen working on a new project in the lab. Black Widow, in full gear, is in Hawkeye’s family home from Age of Ultron. Basically everything is thrown all over the place and broken. Nat is studying some type of map with multiple photos and locations on it. A quick shot of Thanos is shown with a long sword, walking down an alleyway in New York City. The next shot is a dark hooded figure with glowing eyes, aiming a bow and arrow before shooting towards the camera."

"(1-2 visuals of the Quantum Realm) Scott Lang (no suit) is shown running through a park dodging explosions. (Shot of Space) Thor and Valkyrie are aboard a Kree ship. Thor says: “If the stories are true, you’re our universe’s last hope. If such a thing even exists anymore”. The next shot is an older, determined Tony Stark walking through the new SHIELD HQ (Avengers Facility in upstate New York). He’s in full SHIELD attire and carrying an orange briefcase. Banner (wearing spandex) is seen running from something, looking terrified. The next shot is Ant-Man appearing out of a flash of light and landing in a desolate place. We see it from his point of view from inside his helmet. He looks left to right and to his left again and says: “What in the-“.

"We see Captain Marvel floating with her fists on fire and her eyes lit up. Thanos in the soul stone with young Gamora screaming at him, Loki and Thor fighting off Chitauri together and Tony handing Steve a brand new shield in the Wakandan throne room. (Cuts back to Tony and Scott) Tony opens the orange briefcase as Scott hands him an illuminated bracelet. Tony asks: “How?… Is this even possible?” Iron Man and Ant-Man are shown travelling through the Quantum Realm. Tony and Scott are back in the battle of New York from 2012. The final shot before the title reveal is an Infinity Stone disappearing from Thanos’ damaged gauntlet. He abruptly gets up and puts on his armor. His face goes from extremely infuriated to a menacing smile.

"Title reveal: Avengers: Annihilation

"Stinger: The Hulk is training at the new SHIELD facility with Black Widow and Steve. Steve notices that Hulk has been training non-stop as of late, so he asks why. Hulk responds in Banner’s normal voice with: “My rematch is coming real soon, I can feel it!”"
  • Mola_Ram 15 Oct 2018 11:58:16 19,351 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The trailer details have leaked?! I was expecting teaser leakage, but this is something else! I'm really looking forward to that trailer now!
  • beastmaster 15 Oct 2018 14:33:46 19,069 posts
    Seen 20 seconds ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Don’t know if already posted but Scarlett Johansson is getting a $15 million payday for appearing in the Black Widow stand-alone film. It’s definitely going ahead.

Venom is dominating at the box office.

Edited by beastmaster at 14:34:15 15-10-2018
  • The-Bodybuilder 15 Oct 2018 14:43:28 17,539 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    GarlVinland wrote:
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    Ignoring the current crop of DC films which I agree are mostly average as opposed to terrible (Suicide Squad excepted) there are a number of other example of genuinely terrible hero films. Green Lantern. Catwoman. Superman IV. Steel. Spawn. Electra. The Spirit. Ghostrider.
    Ahem, one of these movies stands out as a 'guilty pleasure' instead of being terrible.
    Here Here.
  • The-Bodybuilder 15 Oct 2018 14:47:28 17,539 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Gearskin wrote:
    My point is that all the negativity posted here is pointless. Talking about the film in this way is miserable. You're either already miserable or the bad feeling makes the people that read it miserable.

And for what? Hours and hours and months and days spent complaining about something that exists and will succeed regardless.
    Dafuq you in a forum for?

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.