Following Donald Trump, first orange US President Page 944

• Mola_Ram 16 May 2018 13:58:50 17,777 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't think the negotiations will go anywhere either, but I hope they do. This is more important than just the leaders themselves, and what we think of them.
  • Jono62 16 May 2018 13:59:49 19,872 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Once those talks are done, Jared can finally accomplish peace in the Middle East.
  • Khanivor 16 May 2018 14:12:41 43,766 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I wonder if Kim is privy to indirbatuin about Trumpís illegalities. He knows itís only a matter of time before heís gone, so is throwing out peace overtures to hold the orange fool at bay long enough.
  • glaeken 16 May 2018 14:21:49 11,902 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Maybe they realise Trump could do with some sort of win to distract from his other problems and so think he might give concessions someone else might not.

That seems possible. You also have the fact Trump is extremely ignorant of the nuances around the whole NK situation and is likely to make gaffs around what he can and can't do.
  • d_h1234 16 May 2018 14:23:23 66 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    Once those talks are done, Jared can finally accomplish peace in the Middle East.
    I hope he gets a Nobel Peace Prize as well as Trump then. It really is the best biglyest most amazing family of all time. Did you know Trump's uncle was a nuclear physicist? The best genes.
  • thelzdking 16 May 2018 15:20:36 7,821 posts
    Seen 33 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Who knows what's going on amongst NK's elites? Maybe they're clamouring for more Bentleys and cavier and Kim needs to sate them pronto.
  • DrStrangelove 16 May 2018 16:04:26 12,544 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    Now also saying that they may pull out of summit if US insists on denuclearization.

Sneaking suspicion Trump might have been played like a sucker.
    Not only Trump, many people believed NK was willing to give up its nukes, I think South Korea first claimed that. NK never said that, at least not officially.
  • KnuttinAtoll 16 May 2018 16:08:05 5,558 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    Who knows what's going on amongst NK's elites? Maybe they're clamouring for more Bentleys and cavier and Kim needs to sate them pronto.
    I'd hazard a guess they'll be happy staying alive, with three meals a day and a flat close to the office.
  • Skirlasvoud 16 May 2018 16:18:48 3,695 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    thelzdking wrote:
    I'd hazard a guess they'll be happy staying alive, with three meals a day and a flat close to the office.
    Given a choice between that and an Anti-Aircraft shell to the face, I'd be happy as a bugbear.
  • thelzdking 16 May 2018 18:45:18 7,821 posts
    Seen 33 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Skirlasvoud wrote:
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    thelzdking wrote:
    Given a choice between that and an Anti-Aircraft shell to the face, I'd be happy as a bugbear.
    For a long time the Kims have basically placated the political elite - those with the power and connections to potentially undermine or topple them - with fabulous wealth and luxury. Kim might be in a stronger position now, but it was only a few years ago that there was reports of factional skirmishes on the streets of Pyongyang. We don't really know what goes on at that level.
  • mothercruncher 16 May 2018 20:31:09 14,901 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    WEIGHTGATE.
    Trumpís a lardarse at nearly 290 pounds.
  • Skirlasvoud 16 May 2018 20:41:04 3,695 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Christ he still looks young for 71.

That spray tan must be an embalming fluid. That or he's a vampire who drains everyone of time and life energy. He's been the president for what feels about a decade now.
  • Tuffty 17 May 2018 00:09:22 4,140 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Trump here, openly calling illegal immigrants as animals.

https://twitter.com/cspan/status/996845374819192833?s=19

Why sugarcoat it anymore? No need for dog whistles, just pure hate plays to his base just fine.
  • Psychotext 17 May 2018 00:30:26 63,008 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Fuck me.
  • Khanivor 17 May 2018 00:36:23 43,766 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Fake news.
  • Graxlar_v3 17 May 2018 06:42:17 2,488 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    @Tuffty he is asked about gang members... címon now, it is like 2 posts below the tweet you linked.

#fakenews
  • Bambot 17 May 2018 10:17:07 1,159 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Tuffty wrote:
    Trump here, openly calling illegal immigrants as animals.

https://twitter.com/cspan/status/996845374819192833?s=19

Why sugarcoat it anymore? No need for dog whistles, just pure hate plays to his base just fine.
    To give this quote it's context, he is asked about MS-13, a vicious gang, and the video starts directly after that question is asked. So, he's calling MS-13 animals, not "all illegal immigrants" as CSPAN have pitched this.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't bother to check the context.
  • challenge_hanukkah 17 May 2018 10:20:50 6,349 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's not like there isn't enough genuine shit out there that Trump has said that is awful regardless, so this quoting out of context shit really is unnecessary and plays straight into his camp's hands.
  • Bambot 17 May 2018 10:52:40 1,159 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hmm. I've found the clip and although the preceding comments mentions MS-13, Trump doesn't *specifically* talking about MS-13 itself in his answer:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4729714/president-trump-calls-gang-members-animals

He's asked a question by a lady, who says something how under certain circumstances she can't report an MS-13 member to ICE, and Trump in reply does that thing where he segues into broad generalities rather than directly addressing a specific point.

What he wants to do is say how appalling the current laws are (hammer Obama: check) and then he obviously wants to tell everyone how amazing he is (narcissistic need for attention, self-aggrandisement, check and check).

First he paints the entire nation as under risk from "some very bad people" that are coming in. He's not specifically discussing MS-13, or he'd name them. He's actually just doing that vague "lots of immigrants are the scum of the earth" thing he does that gives all his racist fans carte blanche to continue being Aaron Schlossberg.

Then he doubles-down on how bad the situation is by claiming they're coming in faster than ever before, then triples-down on how bad immigrants can be ("we have people coming in, we're taking out A LOT of them, we have people coming in, you wouldn't believe how bad these people are [umm, yes she would, that's EXACTLY the point she was just making, you dolt]... these aren't people... these are animals).

None of this is specifically about MS-13.

But then gets to where he wanted to go in the first place: self-aggrandising comments about how he's fixing it, "faster than it's ever been fixed before".

So, really, it's just the same old vague dog-whistle-style generalities that are all made in service of the main point: telling everyone that he is the best ever, the best that's ever been, historically ever for all time, believe me, trust me, everybody is saying it.
  • JamboWayOh 17 May 2018 10:56:25 6,844 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So.... you're saying he's a cunt then?
  • Bambot 17 May 2018 11:17:58 1,159 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Well yeah that's a given. He's Donald Trump, isn't he?

Having just nearly knocked one out over Shera Bechard I can't quite understand how anyone as ugly as Trump gets to knock up a woman like that. Seriously, why do they let him??!
  • DaM 17 May 2018 13:01:52 17,087 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Bambot wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:

Having just nearly knocked one out over Shera Bechard I can't quite understand how anyone as ugly as Trump gets to knock up a woman like that. Seriously, why do they let him??!
    It's his charm and wit, a true gentleman. Great sense of humour, generosity and humility.

Can't think what else.
  • Technoishmatt 17 May 2018 13:07:14 2,548 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So, Debbie: what attracted you to millionaire Paul Daniels?
  • Dougs 17 May 2018 13:17:27 85,501 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Haha, exactly that
  • Salaman 17 May 2018 15:14:22 23,053 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Bambot wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:

They don't let him, he just grabs them by the pussy.
  • glaeken 17 May 2018 15:27:02 11,902 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The latest bit of twitter fuckery from Trump.

"Wow, word seems to be coming out that the Obama FBI ďSPIED ON THE TRUMP CAMPAIGN WITH AN IMBEDDED INFORMANT,Ē Mr Trump wrote

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-obama-fbi-2016-campaign-wiretapping-counter-intelligence-evidence-a8355971.html

The word in this instance just being something a Fox pundit plucked out of their arse.

You know what I resent most about Trump I think is how fucking dumb everything they do is and yet it still works. I could handle some evil genius lowering the lot of humanity yet another peg but some fuck wit who bluffs their way through everything and still comes out Ok is just depressing.

I really do expect more from a despot.

Edited by glaeken at 15:29:01 17-05-2018
  • PazJohnMitch 17 May 2018 16:29:38 13,476 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    How could anyone have possibly known he was corrupt? Must be Obamaís fault.
  • Your-Mother 17 May 2018 16:35:08 1,456 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Has he mentioned anything about the Senate Intelligence Committee whatever saying they disagree with the house findings and say that it's virtually undeniable that Putin authorized election interference to help Trump win?
  • glaeken 17 May 2018 16:44:29 11,902 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Fox news won't mention it and so his base won't know about it. So Trump certainly won't acknowledge it's happened. You don't have to address things if they don't make it into the consciousness of the bubble his base inhabits.
  • DrStrangelove 17 May 2018 16:45:35 12,544 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    glaeken wrote:
    Fox news won't mention it and so Trump won't know about it.
    ftfy

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.