Donald Trump, first orange US President Page 1099

• Huggybear 4 Apr 2019 10:02:57 1,594 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    hedben2013 wrote:
    Trump says windmills cause cancer

At this point I'm 50/50 on him just saying this stuff to troll the "liberal media"
    For some reason, the populists seem to have a problem with wind mills. Last year one over here (an older white man with a rape conviction in his past, obviously), claimed that the "infrasounds" generated by wind mills:

a.) make bats explode
    b.) were harmful to human beings up to fifty (50) kilometers away, causing heart problems and miscarriages etc.

Here he is. The crazy-looking dude wearing a hard hat to prove his credibilty to the working masses, at a party leadership meeting. He was their official spokesman.

Edited by Huggybear at 10:08:20 04-04-2019
  • Dougs 4 Apr 2019 10:57:05 88,529 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    As batshit crazy as chemtrails.
  • grey_matters 4 Apr 2019 12:36:02 4,589 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    In fairness, the low pressure areas created by the turbine blades do kill bats by bursting their blood vessels, particularly the small ones in the lungs.
    The poor fuckers are also attracted to them but as far as I'm aware nobody knows exactly why (it is thought they use large trees as regional collection points due to the echo signature, maybe the turbine are particularly sexy echo-wise).
  • General_Martok 4 Apr 2019 16:44:11 529 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Sexy echo....this thread is excellent :)
  • Load_2.0 5 Apr 2019 07:06:31 28,904 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Cancer Windmills and German Daddy.

If this was a family member you would be asking if it was dementia.
  • Huggybear 5 Apr 2019 07:14:31 1,594 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    grey_matters wrote:
    In fairness, the low pressure areas created by the turbine blades do kill bats by bursting their blood vessels, particularly the small ones in the lungs.
    The poor fuckers are also attracted to them but as far as I'm aware nobody knows exactly why (it is thought they use large trees as regional collection points due to the echo signature, maybe the turbine are particularly sexy echo-wise).
    I know, but it isn't because of infrasounds, and they don't exactly "explode". And if he had said "if you are a very small flying creature and you fly within ten or twenty meters of the wind mill blades, you could die" the vast majority of people would have given no fucks.

The exploding bats were all about trying to prove his other claim, that wind mills can kill people from 50 kilometers away.
  • Tonka 5 Apr 2019 09:48:32 29,324 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    BEsides... it's a farth compared to other powerplants... or cats.

https://cleantechnica.com/2018/02/21/wind-power-results-bird-deaths-overall/
  • grey_matters 5 Apr 2019 09:57:36 4,589 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Huggybear wrote:
    grey_matters wrote:
    I know, but it isn't because of infrasounds, and they don't exactly "explode". And if he had said "if you are a very small flying creature and you fly within ten or twenty meters of the wind mill blades, you could die" the vast majority of people would have given no fucks.

The exploding bats were all about trying to prove his other claim, that wind mills can kill people from 50 kilometers away.
    Ah yeah, I agree with all that. Complete mentalism.
  • JamboWayOh 5 Apr 2019 10:01:37 12,238 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    Cancer Windmills and German Daddy.

If this was a family member you would be asking if it was dementia.
    Dementia or late stage syphilis.
  • grey_matters 5 Apr 2019 11:00:54 4,589 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Tonka wrote:

Nowt to do with Trump but this is a certain flavour of bollocks. Yes, cats are shitty bastards. Yes, cat owners who let their cats out to hunt, particularly at night, are worse than shitty bastards. But the birds threatened by turbines are not the same as the birds threatened by cats. It is typically birds of prey that get killed by turbines and their population is typically lower than the prey populations. This means that a just a few being hit by turbines can mean a near-extinction locally.

I love turbines but they are not a panacea. There are problems, but many can be mitigated by choosing sites correctly etc.
  • Dougs 5 Apr 2019 11:08:52 88,529 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Meh, my cats are so happy when they bring me a nice present. Hunting is what they do.
  • RyanDS 5 Apr 2019 11:11:01 12,696 posts
    Seen 8 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    grey_matters wrote:
    Tonka wrote:

Nowt to do with Trump but this is a certain flavour of bollocks. Yes, cats are shitty bastards. Yes, cat owners who let their cats out to hunt, particularly at night, are worse than shitty bastards. But the birds threatened by turbines are not the same as the birds threatened by cats. It is typically birds of prey that get killed by turbines and their population is typically lower than the prey populations. This means that a just a few being hit by turbines can mean a near-extinction locally.

I love turbines but they are not a panacea. There are problems, but many can be mitigated by choosing sites correctly etc.
    God I can't think of anything crueller than keeping a cat indoors and not letting them out.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 5 Apr 2019 11:13:44 19,022 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    What about setting fire to a monkey?
  • d_h1234 5 Apr 2019 11:50:57 121 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    God I can't think of anything crueller than keeping a cat indoors and not letting them out.
    What about them being hit by a car? Or fighting other cats and getting injured? Poisoned by random sociopaths? Shot at by hick neighbours who hate cats? Caught napping in the engine compartment of a car and getting mangled when started up?

Yes, sure is terrible to keep them away from all that. :rolleyes:
  • nickthegun 5 Apr 2019 11:53:59 77,113 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah, its much better for them to live a long, miserable life than a happy one with the slim chance of a quick end.
  • JamboWayOh 5 Apr 2019 11:58:11 12,238 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    https://www.theguardian.com/law/2019/apr/05/us-revokes-visa-of-international-criminal-courts-top-prosecutor

Revoking someone's entry into your country because of a possible war crimes investigation is something a far right, facistic dictatorship would do, not the USA... Oh hang on....

Edited by JamboWayOh at 11:58:23 05-04-2019
  • anephric 5 Apr 2019 12:04:41 3,151 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    There's a simple answer to that, don't have cats.

Wildlife genocideers that they are. Get a dog.
  • Nexus_6 5 Apr 2019 12:12:25 4,208 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Who was the guy years ago on here who had a strange relationship either with his own cat, or a neighbours?

Did it have something to do with little bells he kept taking off the cat or something?
  • JamboWayOh 5 Apr 2019 12:20:36 12,238 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nexus_6 wrote:
    Who was the guy years ago on here who had a strange relationship either with his own cat, or a neighbours?

Did it have something to do with little bells he kept taking off the cat or something?
    By strange do you mean he was fucking them?
  • Nexus_6 5 Apr 2019 13:01:51 4,208 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Don't recall penetration, but he was convinced collars on cats was cruel and would entice the cats close to take the collars off.
    I think he kept the collars
  • challenge_hanukkah 5 Apr 2019 13:10:15 10,264 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So yeah, fucking them.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 5 Apr 2019 13:18:11 32,149 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The idea that letting cats go outside is cruel is new to me.
  • Tonka 5 Apr 2019 13:42:21 29,324 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I think owning a cat in an area where it cant be let outside is cruel.
  • AaronTurner 5 Apr 2019 13:59:15 10,632 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    There are arguments both ways, is it cruel to the wildlife that cats kill by letting them outside? Not sure what it has to do with the Orange man himself.
  • Graxlar_v3 5 Apr 2019 14:02:02 5,956 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I have indoor cats, one of them is agoraphobic and the other is dumb as a sack of bricks. They have warmth, shelter, attention, food, water, toys and an 8 foot climbing frame (and cat beds dotted around the house in hard to reach places (for me, not them).

I don't think that is in any way cruel way to treat cats and they seem content enough with the situation.
  • whatfruitlivesagain 5 Apr 2019 14:16:06 1,674 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    How do you rate chelsea manning's chances of being released from vindictive detention with the cheese puff in chief in the White House?
  • grey_matters 5 Apr 2019 14:16:29 4,589 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nexus_6 wrote:
    Don't recall penetration, but he was convinced collars on cats was cruel and would entice the cats close to take the collars off.
    I think he kept the collars
    So he was just grabbing pussies?

/seamless segue back on topic
    /after ballsing things up in the first place
  • LFace 5 Apr 2019 14:22:44 68 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I own 3 cats and all 3 stay indoors. They are all happy, playful individuals with free roam of the house (bar my bedroom - no cats no my bed thankyou) and are all doing fine.
    I live opposite a bird watching spot next to a giant pond, and round the corner is an RSPB Sanctuary plus the road can be busy with wagons and the like due to satnav telling them to go through my single road village rather than go on the single carriageway running parallel to it.

I agree with what has previously been said, it is kinder to let them have the warm safe environment in the house where they are fully loved and looked after, than have them out hunting birds in nature reserves and getting squashed by lorry drivers.
  • Your-Mother 5 Apr 2019 14:26:59 2,577 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I have four indoor cats and they all couldn’t give a flying fuck about going outside. The only reason to let cats outside is for stimulation, and you can give them plenty of that inside with climbing frames, toys and attention.

Plus, for me at least, I literally have wolves, coyotes, hawks and eagles roaming behind the house.

Now dog owners who exclusively keep their dog outside and never let them inside, those people are arseholes.
  • Alastair 5 Apr 2019 14:38:23 23,311 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Gremmi lives in a wildlife park.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.