Donald Trump, first orange US President Page 1128

• DodgyPast 6 Aug 2019 14:22:00 9,318 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Not sure how the Gamergate lot will take him critiscising them.
  • Dirtbox 6 Aug 2019 14:48:27 91,210 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Being the same worthless shit that are shooting the place up, I can't imagine anyone cares.
  • Armoured_Bear 6 Aug 2019 15:25:15 27,592 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My Apple shares are dropping like a stone because of the orange cunt.
  • JamboWayOh 6 Aug 2019 15:26:39 15,983 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    My Apple shares are dropping like a stone because of the orange cunt.
    Has Apple shares....of course he does.
  • senso-ji 6 Aug 2019 15:31:17 9,943 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Isn't Trump friends with Tim Apple? I'm sure he'll help his buddy out.
  • Salaman 6 Aug 2019 15:38:35 23,727 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    He did blame video games, he also said it was mental illness and not the guns that killed the people.

Cunt.
    Especially if you rolled back regulation that Obama put in place to stop mentally ill people from buying guns.

On Feb. 28, 2017, President Trump signed H.J. Res. 40, effectively ending the Social Security Administration's requirement to enter the names of people who receive mental health benefits into the National Instant Criminal Background Check System. This is the database used by the FBI to determine who is able to purchase firearms.
  • JamboWayOh 6 Aug 2019 15:54:35 15,983 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1158691113047416832

That lasted all of 10 seconds. Truly presidential.

Edited by JamboWayOh at 15:54:55 06-08-2019
  • grey_matters 6 Aug 2019 16:06:01 4,909 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1158691113047416832

That lasted all of 10 seconds. Truly presidential.
    "During his reign". FFS.
  • DJCopa 6 Aug 2019 16:07:28 2,034 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    KING TRUMP
  • JamboWayOh 6 Aug 2019 16:16:00 15,983 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fuck King, its all about being an Emperor.
  • nickthegun 6 Aug 2019 16:19:25 79,422 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    To be fair, he seems to be quoting another cretin verbatim.
  • DJCopa 6 Aug 2019 16:20:49 2,034 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think botox rots the brain.
  • JamboWayOh 6 Aug 2019 16:27:23 15,983 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    https://mobile.twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1158535659704999937

This was brilliant, really hit that nail home about America in general.
  • TechnoHippy 6 Aug 2019 16:29:28 15,622 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Fuck King, its all about being an Emperor.
    Pff - God Emperor FTW! :-)
  • nudistpete 6 Aug 2019 17:17:01 990 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Not just America, it's a good insight into populism in general and explains a lot about the shitstorm we find ourselves in.
  • JamboWayOh 6 Aug 2019 17:37:58 15,983 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    nudistpete wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Not just America, it's a good insight into populism in general and explains a lot about the shitstorm we find ourselves in.
    Perhaps but his words are very specific towards America's mindset.
  • DrStrangelove 6 Aug 2019 18:27:10 14,727 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's very true, anyone with any sort of humanism may be shocked and appalled by the very existence of someone like Trump, someone who's the antithesis to all human values, a total scumbag in every regard with no redeeming feature whatsoever. But the much bigger issue is that he was elected and has the support of over a hundred million people (is it 40%? Something like that).

The nonsense he tweets from what he watched on Fox & Friends also is part of a much bigger problem. Their "arguments" are always moronic BS that completely ignores the matter at hand, but they're not even trying to convince any outsiders. They know they can ignore any reason or fact because there's a big enough number of people with them.

When they've got numbers below 15% (as they thankfully currently have over here in Germany) there's still enough common sense in society to call them out for their bullshit and uphold the fact that they're being stupid arseholes. But with numbers like that and their guy in charge they can indeed ignore reality, they can completely ignore the issue at hand because what are their opponents going to do about it?

There's this fatal triangle of the Trump government, Fox News, and the people supporting and consuming them, all constantly reinforcing each other. You could also make a quadrilateral of it by including all those "conservative" websites and radio stations which of course are right-wing extremist and anything but "conservative".

And yeah, to some extent this is specifically American--while there's a lot of racism over here too, it doesn't seem to have the same systematic, structural nature like in the US. Also, one typically American thing about this is how fact is just a matter of opinion. I've hit a brick wall in many discussions with Americans long before, where everything is just a matter of opinion, no matter how overwhelming the evidence is. You don't tell me what's right, it's just your opinion if you thing human-made climate change is real, if evolution is real, if the Earth is older than 6,000 years or if the moon isn't made of cheese. If you believe in facts, well that's just a belief and it's no better than mine.

But still, however much it's worth pointing out the specifically American dimension to this, it must not distract us from the hateful BS going on in our countries.
  • Graxlar_v3 6 Aug 2019 19:30:11 8,516 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ummm...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49253691
  • JamboWayOh 6 Aug 2019 19:33:56 15,983 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah I just saw that, really bad optics that.
  • Mola_Ram 7 Aug 2019 04:57:46 21,854 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Apropos of nothing in particular, here is an interesting Twitter thread about the problem the media face when covering the shit Trump says.

https://twitter.com/i/moments/1158137099117355009
  • barrylyndon 7 Aug 2019 05:20:50 158 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DrStrangelove wrote:
    It's very true, anyone with any sort of humanism may be shocked and appalled by the very existence of someone like Trump, someone who's the antithesis to all human values, a total scumbag in every regard with no redeeming feature whatsoever. But the much bigger issue is that he was elected and has the support of over a hundred million people (is it 40%? Something like that).

The nonsense he tweets from what he watched on Fox & Friends also is part of a much bigger problem. Their "arguments" are always moronic BS that completely ignores the matter at hand, but they're not even trying to convince any outsiders. They know they can ignore any reason or fact because there's a big enough number of people with them.

When they've got numbers below 15% (as they thankfully currently have over here in Germany) there's still enough common sense in society to call them out for their bullshit and uphold the fact that they're being stupid arseholes. But with numbers like that and their guy in charge they can indeed ignore reality, they can completely ignore the issue at hand because what are their opponents going to do about it?

There's this fatal triangle of the Trump government, Fox News, and the people supporting and consuming them, all constantly reinforcing each other. You could also make a quadrilateral of it by including all those "conservative" websites and radio stations which of course are right-wing extremist and anything but "conservative".

And yeah, to some extent this is specifically American--while there's a lot of racism over here too, it doesn't seem to have the same systematic, structural nature like in the US. Also, one typically American thing about this is how fact is just a matter of opinion. I've hit a brick wall in many discussions with Americans long before, where everything is just a matter of opinion, no matter how overwhelming the evidence is. You don't tell me what's right, it's just your opinion if you thing human-made climate change is real, if evolution is real, if the Earth is older than 6,000 years or if the moon isn't made of cheese. If you believe in facts, well that's just a belief and it's no better than mine.

But still, however much it's worth pointing out the specifically American dimension to this, it must not distract us from the hateful BS going on in our countries.
    I think you need to get out more.
  • glaeken 7 Aug 2019 09:12:35 12,070 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Indeed. How dare they post long posts. Far better to contribute with no thought one liners to a topic. That's where the real value in forum contribution is.
  • Mola_Ram 7 Aug 2019 09:13:24 21,854 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    barrylyndon wrote:
    DrStrangelove wrote:

I think you need to get out more.
    I don't agree.
  • Mola_Ram 7 Aug 2019 09:13:43 21,854 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    (sorry)
  • JamboWayOh 7 Aug 2019 15:07:21 15,983 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/aug/07/tucker-carlson-white-supremacy-fox-news-hoax

I am shocked, SHOCKED that a noted racist would say this. SHOCKED.
  • DreadedWalrus 7 Aug 2019 17:38:12 1,807 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DodgyPast wrote:
    Not sure how the Gamergate lot will take him critiscising them.
    I checked! Seems pretty evenly split among people upset at him over it, people saying it's not a big thing, and people saying actually the real issue here is still the liberals/journalists (surprise surprise). Some highlights:

The president of the united states has next to no influence on video game development. Journalists have an excessive amount of influence on it
    Remind me again where the U.S. government is influencing video game developers? Thats right, never. I'll keep focusing on the journalist scum
    Japanese games on Sony’s platform are literally censored and regulated right now. By liberals.
    Regarding videogames, definitely another stupid boomer.

We, of course, actually need such a person to fix the fucking border, so I'm not going to sweat a few offhand anti-vidya comments that will go absolutely nowhere. 
    Also, an amazing bonus quote from the same post:

I think calling Trump "right wing" is kinda silly, he's been pretty moderate on most his policies.
  • JamboWayOh 7 Aug 2019 17:52:29 15,983 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Without a doubt that person has a samurai sword on his wall and most definitely crosses the street if he sees a black guy walking towards him.
  • glo 7 Aug 2019 21:11:44 3,627 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Without a doubt that person has a samurai sword on the wall in his room in his parent's basement and most definitely crosses the street if he sees a black guy walking towards him.
    FTFY
  • JamboWayOh 7 Aug 2019 21:13:00 15,983 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ha.
  • JamboWayOh 7 Aug 2019 21:20:11 15,983 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1159177811573166081?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

He posted this on the way to visit victims of the shooting while Joe Biden was making a speech about Trump's racist actions.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.