Donald Trump, first orange US President Page 1150

  • JamboWayOh 16 Oct 2019 18:34:09 16,042 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What a classy guy
  • JamboWayOh 16 Oct 2019 19:04:16 16,042 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh hang on, he's just gone one step better...


    “I view the situation on the Turkish border with Syria to be, for the United States, strategically brilliant,” Trump said. “Our soldiers are out of there, they’re totally safe.”

    “The Kurds are much safer right now, but the Kurds know how to fight. And as I said they’re not angels, they’re not angels.”

    “We paid a lot of money for them to fight with us and that’s okay,” the president went on. “They did well when they fought with us they didn’t do so well when they didn’t fight with us.”
  • You-can-call-me-kal 16 Oct 2019 19:31:21 18,216 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    its-H1ggyLTD wrote:
    What do you think of her accountable capitslism, based on non-binding agreements?
    I’m familiar with the notion of accountable capitalism but not the specifics of this (non-binding agreements). Could you explain it?
  • challenge_hanukkah 16 Oct 2019 19:33:26 11,710 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    *furious googling*
  • its-H1ggyLTD 16 Oct 2019 19:35:20 672 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    its-H1ggyLTD wrote:
    What do you think of her accountable capitslism, based on non-binding agreements?
    I’m familiar with the notion of accountable capitalism but not the specifics of this (non-binding agreements). Could you explain it?
    https://twitter.com/SenWarren/status/1182741567313977352
  • Psychotext 16 Oct 2019 19:35:20 65,877 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    “The Kurds are much safer right now, but the Kurds know how to fight. And as I said they’re not angels, they’re not angels.”

    “We paid a lot of money for them to fight with us and that’s okay,” the president went on. “They did well when they fought with us they didn’t do so well when they didn’t fight with us.”
    I can't even begin to describe how angry this makes me.
  • JamboWayOh 16 Oct 2019 19:46:05 16,042 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    its-H1ggyLTD wrote:
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    its-H1ggyLTD wrote:
    What do you think of her accountable capitslism, based on non-binding agreements?
    I’m familiar with the notion of accountable capitalism but not the specifics of this (non-binding agreements). Could you explain it?
    https://twitter.com/SenWarren/status/1182741567313977352
    That's some good explaining there. Which you didn't. You just saw something about capitalism and got angry. This is the problem right here, every candidate has issues with their policies in how they deal with things, I could even go as far as mentioning Sanders' tone deaf response to sexual harassment in his campaign party but that doesn't fit the narrative. Single issue voting is a massive problem and has lead to the insane purtiy politics that has been plaguing the left and will lead to the reelection of the shit stain currently in the white house.
  • its-H1ggyLTD 16 Oct 2019 19:48:07 672 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    You want me to explain her policy better than she did?
  • JamboWayOh 16 Oct 2019 19:49:25 16,042 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    No, explain what you think is bad about it, because you have implied it is bad. Fwiw, her policy does have unintended consequences that perhaps she has not considered
  • JamboWayOh 16 Oct 2019 19:50:22 16,042 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    its-H1ggyLTD wrote:
    Warren and her 'accountable capitalism'?

    She's had a poor few days.
    This one right here. Explain away.

    Edited by JamboWayOh at 19:50:41 16-10-2019
  • its-H1ggyLTD 16 Oct 2019 19:51:15 672 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Well i thought it was pretty obvious, but perhaps not for you, so hear it is:

    Asking the likes of Amazon if they will please behave a bit better isn't going to cut it.
  • JamboWayOh 16 Oct 2019 19:52:56 16,042 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    its-H1ggyLTD wrote:
    Well i thought it was pretty obvious, but perhaps not for you, so hear it is:

    Asking the likes of Amazon if they will please behave a bit better isn't going to cut it.
    You haven't really explained anything.
  • its-H1ggyLTD 16 Oct 2019 19:52:58 672 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Your turn.
  • JamboWayOh 16 Oct 2019 19:56:41 16,042 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    No, you seem be confused how this goes, I asked you to explain the issues that you have with the bill, I have conceded that there are issues with the bill that I have read from people far smarter than me (not you). You wrote angry some words about Amazon.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 16 Oct 2019 20:06:32 18,216 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @its-H1ggyLTD

    It’s the non binding but I’m confused about. I don’t understand where you’ve got that from. Its an ‘act’ that’s being proposed. I.E. a law. She makes reference in that tweet to an already existing non-binding charter (that’s been quite successful) but now she’s taking about a full federal corporate charter which is a new thing.

    Again perhaps I’m missing something. It’s very likely I’m not as clued up on this as you are so it would be helpful if you could explain the issue as you see it.
  • its-H1ggyLTD 16 Oct 2019 20:08:29 672 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Why would that be likely?

    She's suggesting that capitalism can be tamed.

    It won't be. How much more evidence do you need.
  • JamboWayOh 16 Oct 2019 20:14:57 16,042 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The issue from what I've parsed is that a company creating a federal charter would have considerable blowback from the home states the companies as the states usually have a say what the corporate charter would be. As a result Washington has a more direct say in what it is in that federal charter so one would see a fuck ton of lobbying by said companies, cronyism and the like. I think there is also an issue with how the company could potentially pressure employees to put their someone on the board to their liking. As far as I can see the law obligates these companies to follow the law, I don't see anything about a choice.

    Edited by JamboWayOh at 20:16:43 16-10-2019
  • challenge_hanukkah 16 Oct 2019 20:15:15 11,710 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    its-H1ggyLTD wrote:
    Why would that be likely?

    She's suggesting that capitalism can be tamed.

    It won't be. How much more evidence do you need.
    I need some examples of the alternative being better.
  • its-H1ggyLTD 16 Oct 2019 20:16:40 672 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    its-H1ggyLTD wrote:
    Why would that be likely?

    She's suggesting that capitalism can be tamed.

    It won't be. How much more evidence do you need.
    I need some examples of the alternative being better.
    You want some alternatives to the destruction of the planet?
  • You-can-call-me-kal 16 Oct 2019 20:17:20 18,216 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    its-H1ggyLTD wrote:
    Why would that be likely?

    She's suggesting that capitalism can be tamed.

    It won't be. How much more evidence do you need.
    There’s successful variations of accountable capitalism in Finland, Denmark, New Zealand, Canada, Belgium and more, with fantastic wealth redistribution and welfare as a result.

    Are you genuinely completely 100% anti capitalist? Why countries do you think provide a working benchmark for that?
  • challenge_hanukkah 16 Oct 2019 20:18:26 11,710 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    its-H1ggyLTD wrote:
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    its-H1ggyLTD wrote:
    Why would that be likely?

    She's suggesting that capitalism can be tamed.

    It won't be. How much more evidence do you need.
    I need some examples of the alternative being better.
    You want some alternatives to the destruction of the planet?
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-02024-6
  • its-H1ggyLTD 16 Oct 2019 20:20:37 672 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    its-H1ggyLTD wrote:
    Why would that be likely?

    She's suggesting that capitalism can be tamed.

    It won't be. How much more evidence do you need.
    There’s successful variations of accountable capitalism in Finland, Denmark, New Zealand, Canada, Belgium and more, with fantastic wealth redistribution and welfare as a result.

    Are you genuinely completely 100% anti capitalist?
    Only until the point it can be demonstrated that it won't cause gross unfair distribution of wealth.

    It's encouraging if you can point to small pockets of success, just as socialism can in places like Portugal. But they remain small pockets.

    The planet remains in the grip of capitalism, and i'm not happy with that situation, so i'll look to revolutionaries as opposed to tinkerers.
  • its-H1ggyLTD 16 Oct 2019 20:22:15 672 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    its-H1ggyLTD wrote:
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    its-H1ggyLTD wrote:
    Why would that be likely?

    She's suggesting that capitalism can be tamed.

    It won't be. How much more evidence do you need.
    I need some examples of the alternative being better.
    You want some alternatives to the destruction of the planet?
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-02024-6
    Have you just given up then?
  • You-can-call-me-kal 16 Oct 2019 20:22:49 18,216 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Are you saying there’s no private enterprise in Portugal? What?
  • challenge_hanukkah 16 Oct 2019 20:23:39 11,710 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    its-H1ggyLTD wrote:
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    its-H1ggyLTD wrote:
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    its-H1ggyLTD wrote:
    Why would that be likely?

    She's suggesting that capitalism can be tamed.

    It won't be. How much more evidence do you need.
    I need some examples of the alternative being better.
    You want some alternatives to the destruction of the planet?
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-02024-6
    Have you just given up then?
    Yeah, pretty much.
  • JamboWayOh 16 Oct 2019 20:24:37 16,042 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, I think you're barking up the wrong tree to expect the current America right now to go under revolutionary change as opposed to a gradual overhaul of its economic structure.
  • its-H1ggyLTD 16 Oct 2019 20:26:24 672 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Yeah, I think you're barking up the wrong tree to expect the current America right now to go under revolutionary change as opposed to a gradual overhaul of its economic structure.
    It won't be a gradual overhaul. It will be a slight reset to how things were pre-Trump.

    I don't think she'll bring about the changes the world needs from America.


    But yes i agree - the Americans won't buy it. But that doesn't mean i give up on hope.
  • its-H1ggyLTD 16 Oct 2019 20:26:43 672 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    its-H1ggyLTD wrote:
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    its-H1ggyLTD wrote:
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    its-H1ggyLTD wrote:
    Why would that be likely?

    She's suggesting that capitalism can be tamed.

    It won't be. How much more evidence do you need.
    I need some examples of the alternative being better.
    You want some alternatives to the destruction of the planet?
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-02024-6
    Have you just given up then?
    Yeah, pretty much.
    So why get involved in the conversation at all.
  • JamboWayOh 16 Oct 2019 20:27:25 16,042 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    Are you saying there’s no private enterprise in Portugal? What?
    No mate, it's all socialist as far as the eye can see.
  • its-H1ggyLTD 16 Oct 2019 20:28:09 672 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    Are you saying there’s no private enterprise in Portugal? What?
    No, i mean Portugal has a socialist government that is generally spoke of as being a sign of hope.
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.