Donald Trump, first orange US President Page 1184

• Bambot 7 Feb 2020 10:47:27 1,420 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Rodney wrote:
    Credit where it's due though, Trump's capture of the Republican party is quite impressive, particularly considering his inability to construct coherent sentences and slow decline into dementia.
    To my mind the only reason he's 'captured' them is he's a Republican and they've got their claws into power. It's even better for them that he's a Republican with even fewer morals than they have - indeed, none whatsoever. So long as they tighten rank around him they'll keep power and be able to reward themselves handsomely. They couldn't care less about anything - ANYthing else, so long as they cash in while they can.
  • Your-Mother 7 Feb 2020 14:39:07 3,580 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Rodney wrote:
    What if Romney stood as a Democrat?

I think he'd win, because there must be a fair few moderate Republican votes to scoop up, and there's not really much difference between him and Biden.
    Never going to happen. He’s still a strong conservative, he just vehemently disagrees with Trump and his policies. If anything he’ll go independent.
  • JamboWayOh 7 Feb 2020 14:44:19 17,133 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    He did say he supports a lot of things that Trump has done which must make you think for a little bit.

Edited by JamboWayOh at 14:44:33 07-02-2020
  • Graxlar_v3 7 Feb 2020 14:45:08 9,066 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Has he shot anyone on fifth avenue yet?
  • JamboWayOh 7 Feb 2020 14:49:00 17,133 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Don't think so, but he's probably killed about 10 kids or so....
  • Graxlar_v3 7 Feb 2020 14:56:59 9,066 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Were they American kids (by that I mean white?) because I am pretty sure it only counts if they are ‘American’.
  • JamboWayOh 7 Feb 2020 14:59:13 17,133 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Were they American kids (by that I mean white?) because I am pretty sure it only counts if they are ‘American’.
    Well they weren't born yet, so they didn't have a nationality as such.
  • Graxlar_v3 7 Feb 2020 15:06:29 9,066 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Well they weren't born yet, so they didn't have a nationality as such.
    Ahhh well if they are not born yet, it is clearly murder!
  • Rodney 7 Feb 2020 19:59:50 4,096 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Your-Mother wrote:
    Rodney wrote:
    What if Romney stood as a Democrat?

I think he'd win, because there must be a fair few moderate Republican votes to scoop up, and there's not really much difference between him and Biden.
    Never going to happen. He’s still a strong conservative, he just vehemently disagrees with Trump and his policies. If anything he’ll go independent.
    Biden would be a strong conservative in most countries
  • JamboWayOh 7 Feb 2020 20:22:18 17,133 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Isn't that the Democrats in general, they are a essentially a centre right party with fringe element that is more Labour?
  • IronGiant 7 Feb 2020 21:38:45 5,994 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    The country is in a right mess, Trump is as mad as a box of frogs and his opposition are utterly useless. The democrats need to get rid of clowns like Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer to have any chance against the orange beast.
  • Mola_Ram 7 Feb 2020 21:59:52 22,374 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm not sure how it's Pelosi and Schumer's fault, they've done pretty well under the circumstances.
  • Rodney 7 Feb 2020 22:49:14 4,096 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    This might sound shallow, but they are both so physically effette, they just don't have any charisma or presence. They are are what Republicans imagine "libruls" to be.

Ripping something up behind someone's back just looks weak particularly after previously offering your hand.

They have both made some powerful statements and arguments against Trump, but they just aren't convincing as individuals.

I know it's shallow, but personal credibility counts for a lot because most people don't pay attention to the details. Look at Trump, he talks absolute gibberish but he says it with conviction and he dominates the room.
  • Mola_Ram 7 Feb 2020 22:58:08 22,374 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pelosi is an incredibly effective politician though, and Trump would probably have been even worse up to now if she hadn't been there to organise the squabbling idiots of the democratic party into something resembling an opposition.

And people that don't like democrats would have found issues with anyone, no matter who you replaced her with. Let's not pretend otherwise.
  • JamboWayOh 7 Feb 2020 23:28:20 17,133 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Surprise, Trump has fired the Lt. Col Vindman who was on the security counsel and came out against Trump by telling the truth about his quid pro quo. Very presidential.
  • Rodney 8 Feb 2020 00:06:08 4,096 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    She's been an effective party leader in congress, getting Dod Frank, affordable care Act passed but I don't think she's the right person to be leading the case against Trump.

Edited by Rodney at 00:06:54 08-02-2020
  • prettyvacant 8 Feb 2020 00:06:46 341 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    From CNN

"His twin brother, Lt. Col. Yevgeny Vindman, a National Security Council attorney, was also fired, "suddenly and with no explanation, despite over two decades of loyal service to this country," Pressman said, and walked off the White House grounds alongside Alex Vindman.
    Yevgeny Vindman had never testified or spoke publicly about the Ukraine saga. "He deeply regrets that he will not be able to continue his service at the White House," Pressman said in a statement."
  • Rodney 8 Feb 2020 00:51:35 4,096 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The BBC reported a poll this week showing Trump has a 49% approval rating. Unbelievable.
  • Jono62 8 Feb 2020 02:34:35 23,608 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Come on now, he's learnt his lesson.
  • reddevil93 8 Feb 2020 02:43:41 15,206 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    6 politicians and a smart guy who wants to fix things on stage tonight
  • Jono62 8 Feb 2020 03:50:17 23,608 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Gordon Sondland fired too.

Amy Klobuchar did well in the debates I thought.
  • reddevil93 8 Feb 2020 03:55:16 15,206 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Trump Jr tweeting about how Schiff’s investigation made it easy to identify who needed to be fired, confirming its retaliation against the witnesses.

Not that there are any consequences for anything anymore.
  • Load_2.0 8 Feb 2020 15:16:38 30,630 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Surely he can't have many years left. Once you strip away the makeup he's a very sick looking individual.

https://twitter.com/ChaseMit/status/1225967578603868160?s=19
  • PazJohnMitch 8 Feb 2020 15:19:56 15,040 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah but as long as he stays President he will have access to America’s best doctors. They will be able to keep him going just like Prince Philip is still allegedly alive and not a zombie.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 8 Feb 2020 15:35:44 7,712 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    He looks like he died a day or two ago and the discolouration is setting in.

But then as per PazJohnMitch's post above, Philip died 10 years ago and they stuffed him, got Disney to stick some animatronics inside him and keep him going as a puppet to keep Charles off the throne.

Edited by Rogueywon at 15:35:50 08-02-2020
  • JamboWayOh 8 Feb 2020 15:40:10 17,133 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Do underestimate the power of racism to keep someone alive.
  • Duffking 9 Feb 2020 12:34:11 16,455 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I wish these bernie or bust people all over the Internet would fuck off. I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure that despite their protests, actively declaring that you'll take deliberate action to allow minorities, women and lgbt people to get fucked over for another 4 years is actually not an especially progressive position.
  • sirtacos 9 Feb 2020 12:40:24 8,228 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Duffking wrote:
    I wish these bernie or bust people all over the Internet would fuck off. I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure that despite their protests, actively declaring that you'll take deliberate action to allow minorities, women and lgbt people to get fucked over for another 4 years is actually not an especially progressive position.
    Are they still doing that? It was one thing to do it in 2016, it's another thing to do it now. What the fuck is wrong with people. The mind-boggling stupidity
  • JamboWayOh 9 Feb 2020 13:00:35 17,133 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Because they're right and everyone is wrong. The public must change their views straight away rather than a gradual process. Revolution must happen now. Anyone who has any constructive criticism is the enemy. It's the thinking of a sixth form politics student.
  • Duffking 9 Feb 2020 13:25:56 16,455 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Also if he loses I don't think it would be entirely unfair to suggest those types will be partly to blame. He's historically struggled with gaining support from some groups and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot people are looking at his most vocal supporters and going "wow, that lot would happily fuck us over huh?"

Of course they'd all deny it has any effect, while also lamenting that anyone could vote for Trump with the way his supporters behave.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.