Donald Trump, first orange US President Page 1200

• Not-a-reviewer 21 Mar 2020 09:36:27 6,306 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I guess at least it’ll give some indication of what happens with the virus if very little is done. It’s going to awful for millions of Americans but hopefully someone will learn from it.
  • KnuttinAtoll 21 Mar 2020 10:43:22 8,146 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    Here we go

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/1240942203914072069

Four more years!
    Based on a sample of 512 apparently, and if you go through the replies there seems to be precedent for poll rigging. Probably best to ignore polls of any kind and wait for the election to happen, if just for our own sanity.
  • Malek86 21 Mar 2020 10:45:05 10,158 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    At least until Trump declares a national emergency and announces that, given the situation, he has a civic duty to exercise absolute power (Congress will back him up on this, of course).

First order: elections cancelled, the current president can stay in the office indefinitely, and the next president will be a person of his choice. You know, just to make sure that any plan of action can go on uninterrupted. Wouldn't want their efforts to curb the outbreak stifled by that pesky opposition who's only out for themselves, right?

Edited by Malek86 at 10:46:55 21-03-2020
  • JamboWayOh 21 Mar 2020 10:49:26 19,980 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    At this point and with the kind of cunt he is, I'd say it's 50/50 that he'll suspend the election until he sees fit.

Edited by JamboWayOh at 10:49:44 21-03-2020
  • KnuttinAtoll 21 Mar 2020 11:18:02 8,146 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    At least until Trump declares a national emergency and announces that, given the situation, he has a civic duty to exercise absolute power (Congress will back him up on this, of course).

First order: elections cancelled, the current president can stay in the office indefinitely, and the next president will be a person of his choice. You know, just to make sure that any plan of action can go on uninterrupted. Wouldn't want their efforts to curb the outbreak stifled by that pesky opposition who's only out for themselves, right?
    Uff, I haven't even thought about that and totally wouldn't put it past him.

I'm also still amazed that despite his best efforts he still hasn't caught it the fat cunt. Maybe even the virus doesn't wanna touch that.
  • Graxlar_v3 21 Mar 2020 11:30:02 10,212 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    At this point and with the kind of cunt he is, I'd say it's 50/50 that he'll suspend the election until he sees fit.
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/18/politics/trump-cancel-2020-election/index.html

He would need the house to do it
  • JamboWayOh 21 Mar 2020 11:44:50 19,980 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/18/politics/trump-cancel-2020-election/index.html

He would need the house to do it
    Is it really bad that I refuse to believe this legitimate piece of news because the 'rules' don't seem to apply in our worst timeline?
  • Malek86 21 Mar 2020 11:56:25 10,158 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What if he indicted a flash referendum to give him absolute powers? If he won that, would it be enough to change the rules bypassing the House then?
  • JamboWayOh 21 Mar 2020 12:17:30 19,980 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    #advisoryreferendum
  • Tonka 24 Mar 2020 06:26:32 30,893 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I usually think nothing sticks to the baboon, but fuck me, the levels of incompetence he's displaying right now...

If this doesn't end him then I don't know why we should bother with the US.
  • Jono62 24 Mar 2020 07:24:03 25,346 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nah man, what You are watching is a Russian hoax to make him look bad. Can't you tell? I mean, it's so obvious from the edits.
  • Your-Mother 24 Mar 2020 08:25:31 4,471 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The whole “shoot a person on 5th Ave” thing is about to be tested as Trump has literally killed someone: https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-woman-husband-died-chloroquine-warns-not-to-trust-trump-2020-3?utm_source=reddit.com
  • PazJohnMitch 24 Mar 2020 08:30:11 15,986 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    He technically was not lying this time. You cannot die from COVID 19 if you are already dead.
  • Rodney 24 Mar 2020 09:00:55 4,465 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Why was he even talking about specific medicines in a press conference any way. What can the public do with that information? Other than self medicate with cleaning products...
  • JamboWayOh 24 Mar 2020 09:22:57 19,980 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rodney wrote:
    Why was he even talking about specific medicines in a press conference any way. What can the public do with that information? Other than self medicate with cleaning products...
    Because it's all about the election for him and everything else be damned. The cunt is even vying to get everyone back into work after 15 days. Mark my words the Republicans will use this as an opportunity to thin the herd as it were. I mean, here you go

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/24/older-people-would-rather-die-than-let-covid-19-lockdown-harm-us-economy-texas-official-dan-patrick

Edited by JamboWayOh at 09:26:29 24-03-2020
  • Mola_Ram 24 Mar 2020 09:33:59 23,974 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    He's right, older people are all about sacrificing their comfort and paying higher taxes for the benefit of future generations.

Wait
  • Not-a-reviewer 24 Mar 2020 09:36:41 6,306 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I understand his approach from his sociopathic, narcissistic world view. Keep as many employed as possible and the majority of his base is going to care less than if a couple of million old people die. Given what they’ve accepted from him so far this is only one step past some of that.
  • JamboWayOh 24 Mar 2020 09:39:37 19,980 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    He's right, older people are all about sacrificing their comfort and paying higher taxes for the benefit of future generations.

Wait
    I know, I know.
  • Jono62 24 Mar 2020 09:45:11 25,346 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    This hoax virus is doing a lot of damage.
  • PazJohnMitch 24 Mar 2020 09:45:41 15,986 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The Republicans in general are the selfish party. They do not care about anyone else and their supporters do not care about anyone else. Trump seems to have tapped into this more than other Republicans but this selfishness was always there.
  • PazJohnMitch 24 Mar 2020 09:48:05 15,986 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    This hoax virus is doing a lot of damage.
    Damned Derp State Democrat Conspiracy.

I liked the typo. So kept it.
  • Not-a-reviewer 24 Mar 2020 10:15:11 6,306 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    The Republicans in general are the selfish party. They do not care about anyone else and their supporters do not care about anyone else. Trump seems to have tapped into this more than other Republicans but this selfishness was always there.
    Yeah, they’ve never had the confidence to do it on this scale in the past. Not in public or so brazenly.

The days of fairly reasonable republics seems long gone, there’s no John McCain in that party now.

It’s bad but even George Bush Jr would have done a better job of it than this.
  • Malek86 24 Mar 2020 10:57:26 10,158 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What do they gain exactly from this anyway? The virus mostly kills the elders, and I was under the impression that the Republican voters base is much older than the Democrats?
  • PazJohnMitch 24 Mar 2020 11:21:12 15,986 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    They are trying to protect the stock exchange as a lot of wealth (and pensions) are tied to shares.

Essentially if rich people can continue to convince poor people to work then they remain rich. And it is those poor people and their families that die not the rich. Also less poor people means less welfare requirements.

So there is nothing to lose from their insular, selfish perspective.
  • JamboWayOh 24 Mar 2020 11:29:52 19,980 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    They are trying to protect the stock exchange as a lot of wealth (and pensions) are tied to shares.

Essentially if rich people can continue to convince poor people to work then they remain rich. And it is those poor people and their families that die not the rich. Also less poor people means less welfare requirements.

Yep, pretty much this.
  • KnuttinAtoll 24 Mar 2020 11:32:01 8,146 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:

Good summary - and this is sold as the American Dream where if you work hard enough you become one of those rich people. Amazed that people still buy this after so many decades.
  • PazJohnMitch 24 Mar 2020 11:39:28 15,986 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You can see the Torys thinking the same things but they appear to have a slither of a conscious (or maybe given our higher population densities they are simply just scared for themselves).
  • beastmaster 24 Mar 2020 11:46:39 20,909 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Apparently, those damn lefties are suggesting (or trying to introduce - don't know if that's possible) some kind of gun control laws. The Trump crowd are going mental over this.

Oh and this has all come about from social health care around the world.
  • AboutHalfaStevas 24 Mar 2020 14:00:38 2,765 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    For republicans and Tories, this ain't a new thing. They've been playing the balance act of convincing the poor they need to work themselves to death so that the stock market keeps the rich rich for decades. It worked. And by that I mean, they've avoided being dragged out their houses and strung up, because the number of deaths that was directly responsible for was either too low or not obvious.

This is different. Hence why we're seeing some reversals (tories realising telling us to take it on the chin was maayyybe a mistake, late packages for ensuring job losses don't tank economies being slung together, etc) They're just coming around to the fact, perhaps, that they might not get away with it going forward.

Up until now, as long as people generally had their smart phones and food on the table, the rich knew they were safe.

Food being on the table is somewhat shaky ground at the moment. Telecoms are key workers...
    See how the UK public figuratively shit itself and thought that required toilet roll in abundance?
    Better hope the networks handle what's coming.
  • Dirtbox 24 Mar 2020 14:09:13 91,412 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Fun topic being talked about here today: How many deaths are acceptable to restart the economy? Texas governor saying that grandparents are willing to die to save the economy for their kids.

And turnip is planning on ending the lockdown in 2 weeks.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.