Following Donald Trump, first orange US President Page 1248

• Rodney 21 May 2020 22:21:46 4,261 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It seemed like he realised what he said and was playing around with the double meaning on that one.

Looks worse in writing without that context.
  • davidfowles 22 May 2020 00:44:25 99 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    My dad does this. You ask him the simplest of questions, one with a binary answer that there’s no need to lie about and he’s *so* used to talking bullshit, he still can’t give you a straight answer.
    “Well, it’s not as simple as that”
    “Well, you have to look at who’s saying that”
    “Are you saying you know more than me?!”
    “I prefer to deal in facts!”

Then I hang up.
  • grey_matters 22 May 2020 02:15:41 5,183 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Rodney wrote:
    It seemed like he realised what he said and was playing around with the double meaning on that one.

Sarah Cooper
  • Frogofdoom 22 May 2020 06:39:53 16,215 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @davidfowles you shouldnt be on the phone to Nick's dad in the first place.
  • RobAnybody 22 May 2020 09:14:13 2,100 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JoeBlade wrote:
    He's such a word wizard.
    Or, more aptly, a cunt.
  • Bambot 22 May 2020 09:15:43 1,562 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I see he has absolutely no idea what PER CAPITA means either. It depends which capita you're talking about, see. Changes the whole perspective depending which capita you're referring to.

For example, it could be capita A, capita B, capita F, you see what I mean? Got to get the right capita, people tell me, sir, your capitas have always been perfect and I tell them, which capita are you referring to, I mean of course all my capitas are perfect, I hire the best capitas, haven't I always said that, and of course the mainstream fake news media, I call them the lamestream media, yes especially you, such a nasty woman, they'll try to twist my words and say oh he said inject disinfectant, I didn't say inject disinfectant, I didn't say that, and if you look at what's going on you'll see our military, our military is the best but it needs to be more, with the boats and the big sky birds, they call them 'planes' but they're in the sky and they look like big metal birds, i say why not call them sky birds? But the lamestream media aren't interested in that, you'll never read that in the fake news media.
  • KnuttinAtoll 22 May 2020 10:01:57 8,089 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    grey_matters wrote:
    Rodney wrote:

Sarah Cooper
    This reminds me a little of the HIV Alladeen bit from The Dictator.
  • egosapien 22 May 2020 10:20:46 22 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 weeks ago
    At least he can not postpone the election.
  • Psychotext 22 May 2020 11:45:29 66,584 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    egosapien wrote:
    At least he can not postpone the election.
    He's got plenty of other ways to rig the election. The US system wasn't setup to deal with a president that has no ethics.
  • IRWATWO 22 May 2020 12:43:26 671 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    @Psychotext

Well except that 2nd amendment thing, 300M souls and 200M firearms, any combination of which is able to deal with a president with no ethics. The problem being the 200M firearms are mainly owned by cunts in MAGA caps :)
  • Psychotext 22 May 2020 13:07:12 66,584 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    There are no effective checks and balances from what it seems. Especially with a partisan supreme court balance.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 22 May 2020 19:22:23 13,239 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It’s all in the URL to be honest

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2020/may/22/hydroxychloroquine-trumps-covid-19-cure-increases-deaths-global-study-finds
  • IMO 22 May 2020 19:28:34 7,169 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2020/may/22/hydroxychloroquine-trumps-covid-19-cure-increases-deaths-global-study-finds
    I sure am glad we spent £20 million buying up supplies of it.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 22 May 2020 19:40:10 24,280 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    One in six of those taking one of the drugs died, while one in five died if they were taking chloroquine with an antibiotic, and one in four if they were on hydroxychloroquine and an antibiotic. The death rate among patients not taking the drugs was one in 11.
    Am I reading that right? Almost twice as likely to die?
  • JamboWayOh 22 May 2020 19:43:51 18,736 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    IMO wrote:
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:

I sure am glad we spent £20 million buying up supplies of it.
    I can only wonder why that was done....
  • reddevil93 22 May 2020 20:01:02 15,367 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    There are no effective checks and balances from what it seems. Especially with a partisan supreme court balance.
    Having a completely corrupt Senate majority leader and Attorney General appears to be the trick. What a hire Barr has been for Trump, helped completely destroy the rule of law.
  • DrStrangelove 23 May 2020 12:03:48 15,091 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Biden apology after saying black voters considering Trump 'ain't black'

"If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black,"
    What the fuck is this idiot doing?

Edited by DrStrangelove at 12:04:54 23-05-2020
  • KnuttinAtoll 23 May 2020 12:07:57 8,089 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It is thoroughly depressing to see him working hard towards snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Him going on about his good record re Black people is also total cringe and reeks of over overconfidence a la "don't worry I got this". Fucking idiot.

Edited by KnuttinAtoll at 12:21:08 23-05-2020
  • JamboWayOh 23 May 2020 12:26:09 18,736 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DrStrangelove wrote:

"If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black,"
    Christ.
  • Bambot 23 May 2020 12:54:50 1,562 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    DrStrangelove wrote:

Ensuring Trump wins again.
  • Bambot 23 May 2020 12:54:51 1,562 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    DrStrangelove wrote:

Ensuring Trump wins again.
  • Mola_Ram 23 May 2020 13:34:56 23,501 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There's 6 months to go. Don't panic yet.
  • Darth_Flibble 23 May 2020 14:40:08 4,185 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Get trump a lot more Hydroxychloroquine to take
  • DrStrangelove 24 May 2020 18:08:54 15,091 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    There's 6 months to go. Don't panic yet.
    That's exactly what I'm concerned about. The more time he has to destroy himself, the worse.
  • davidfowles 25 May 2020 00:39:58 99 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    “You ain’t black” is Biden’s “basket of deplorables” moment.

But it makes me think of a funny-but-racist parody of Michael Jackson’s “Bad” video.
  • Rodney 25 May 2020 06:59:59 4,261 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Not really related to anything but this popped up on my YouTube feed, and it's amazing to see how far things have declined, yet you can see the early signs.

https://youtu.be/JIjenjANqAk

Somehow these idiots took over.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 25 May 2020 07:14:47 13,239 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    davidfowles wrote:
    “You ain’t black” is Biden’s “basket of deplorables” moment.

But it makes me think of a funny-but-racist parody of Michael Jackson’s “Bad” video.
    Biden is a liability but at least I trust enough to think he won’t be actively trying to kill tens of thousands of people to spare his own ego like Trump is
  • Mola_Ram 25 May 2020 07:27:47 23,501 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't think that Biden's comment is going to shift anyone who wasn't already convinced either way.

Trump is similar in that his approval rating has been basically consistent. The problem he's having is that it's consistently lower than Biden's approval rating, and he doesn't seem to have much answer for it aside from doubling down on his base. And that could really fuck him, because the die-hards might not be enough when your opponent isn't nearly as hateable as a Clinton.
  • fontgeeksogood 25 May 2020 07:44:33 9,452 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    I don't think that Biden's comment is going to shift anyone who wasn't already convinced either way.
    Well, except black voters, who traditionally don't vote (for myriad reasons, most of them understandable), so the Democratic card is ALWAYS based on "connect with them" - which he's just fucked up.

This is an incredibly damaging thing for him to do, basically he's just thrown out an example that he fundamentally doesn't understand what he's doing nor the problems with voter apathy in a huge demographic.

I hope he doesn't get Warren on the ticket as VP and she knows enough to wait four years and go again.

I can't quite believe how the Dems are fucking this up AGAIN
  • Mola_Ram 25 May 2020 08:18:40 23,501 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I genuinely don't think it's going to make that much difference. But hey, I guess we'll find out!

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.