Donald Trump, first orange US President Page 1328

• davidfowles 30 Jun 2020 14:37:49 139 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    PierrePressure wrote:
    Get the feeling Trump, GOP and Russia are waiting a little closer to the election before they drop the Biden bombshells. He's definitely got skeletons in his closet.
    Biden doesnít have skeletons, they just have bullshit, and bullshit is pretty effective! They could pay off a bunch more Tara Reades to make false accusations, for example.
  • Technoishmatt 30 Jun 2020 14:50:56 4,130 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Joe Biden has been campaigning with videos from his basement. He is out there, and he is responding to the latest Trump disasters as they come. No need for a sophisticated strategy... just avoid advocating for obvious commie policies, stop sniffing young girls' hair, and let The Donald implode a few times a week.

On that, I find myself getting quite angry about the latest revelations on the Russian bounties. Angry that it looks like the Trump administration sat on this and angry that there is no chance the GOP is going to take Trump to task for such an egregiously disgusting attack on US and allied soldiers. (I mean, I think we know US and Russia have both given bad people weapons, but to actually pay per kill?).

Edited by Technoishmatt at 14:51:32 30-06-2020
  • Khanivor 30 Jun 2020 15:53:12 44,430 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Khanivor 30 Jun 2020 15:53:13 44,430 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Trump going after the SDNY and Pence doing a 180 and giving the appearance of taking Covid seriously - from cancelling events to speaking about the need to wear masks and actually doing so - lend credence Trump dropping out

If thereís any evidence Trump knew about the bounty story I can see him being given the shove. The polling for Trump is disastrous. The polling for (R) down ticket is shaping up to be a bloodbath.

If Biden has skeletons left they ainít coming out. Heís a clean as you can hope for. Trump doesnít even have the focus anymore to smear Biden
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 30 Jun 2020 15:56:12 24,942 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    He's coming out swinging y'all

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1277977452187275266
  • beastmaster 30 Jun 2020 15:58:09 20,704 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Ok. So when will Trump drop out? People here seem so convinced heís going to quit that Iím almost convinced.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 30 Jun 2020 15:59:47 24,942 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'll get back to you tomorrow, this humidity is playing havoc with my psychic abilities.
  • beastmaster 30 Jun 2020 16:00:13 20,704 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Decks wrote:

18.6K likes in about 10 minutes. Not bad for someone supposedly so unpopular.

Edit: I think itís going to be another Hilary job. Everyoneís going to be so damn shocked and horrified if he wins again.

Edited by beastmaster at 16:05:34 30-06-2020
  • nickthegun 30 Jun 2020 16:05:33 81,772 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    It is. Heís got 82m followers, so even his bots havenít bothered.
  • beastmaster 30 Jun 2020 16:05:53 20,704 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Fair enough.
  • creepiest-lizard 30 Jun 2020 16:06:06 1,340 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @beastmaster
    Yeah, but his hard-core base probably read and Like everything posts as soon as he posts it. There must be quite a few thousand of them.
  • DJCopa 30 Jun 2020 16:07:56 2,276 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The realisation that the walls are closing in - would love to see it, but still need people to actually vote against him.

Brexit still tastes of cold sick and that was supposedly in the bag!
  • JamboWayOh 30 Jun 2020 16:26:40 19,356 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Decks wrote:

18.6K likes in about 10 minutes. Not bad for someone supposedly so unpopular.

Edit: I think itís going to be another Hilary job. Everyoneís going to be so damn shocked and horrified if he wins again.
    Yeahhhhhh, I wouldn't let the amount of likes someone gets in an arbitrary amount of time base my opinion on their ability to get reelected. But you do you.
  • reddevil93 30 Jun 2020 16:39:55 15,441 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Republicans certainly seem to be floating the idea of dropping him in the media the past few days. First time seeing journalists dedicate any time to it. Not to mention a lot of these reports about briefings have to be coming from inside the admin, either past or present.

And the more stuff coming out about these Russian bounties, and particular Trump's actions towards Russia afterwards, the more indefensible it is. And it's not bribing some foreign country fighting a war that gets no coverage this time, it's US troops coming home in body bags.

The hearings on this are going to be just horrendous.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 30 Jun 2020 16:47:41 24,942 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Him dropping out would be the absolute worst thing to happen now. Crazy Jesus guy would walk it against the sniffer guy.
  • Your-Mother 30 Jun 2020 17:31:23 4,294 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I dunno. Pence has the charisma of a flaccid old man wang and would have huge difficulty in energizing the base like Trumpís Hitler Rallies. Without that bullying pulpit behind the Pres some more moderate Rs might rediscover a backbone.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 30 Jun 2020 17:49:28 19,729 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Yeahhhhhh, I wouldn't let the amount of likes someone gets in an arbitrary amount of time base my opinion on their ability to get reelected. But you do you.
    Especially not someone who has 90% of Russian bot farms working for him.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 30 Jun 2020 17:53:52 8,695 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I don't think Trump's going to drop out and I think the Republicans would struggle to replace him now even if they wanted to (he walked the Primary). But whether or not Trump stands, Biden's almost certainly got this in the bag. Look at Trump's 2016 electoral coalition.

1) Die-Hard Trumpers: The angry mob that Trump brought with him from the fringes. Not typically Republicans. In 2020, they're still there, still loud, still motivated and still... tiny. For all the noise, they bring very few votes into play.

2) The core Republican base. Was hyper-motivated to vote in 2016, largely by dislike/fear of Hillary, though also through frustration at 8 years of a Democrat president. In 2020, they're less motivated. Trump's actually done a lot to piss off traditional Republicans. The Russia/China stuff hurts for them. And they're not (yet) as fired up against Biden as they were against Hillary. A lot will stay home, unless something really riles them.

3) Some of the floating middle. The non-aligned and non-extreme voters who thought that it was better to take a chance on the unknown (Trump) than going for yet another establishment figure. Trump actually only took a minority of these, but they were enough to give him razor thin victories in a few key states. In 2020, they look lost to him. Biden's pretty much got the whole lot netted right now.

Trump only won by the tiniest of margins in 2016 and he's going into 2020 with his electoral coalition shot to hell. For him to win at this point, he needs something dramatic to both re-energise the Republican base and swing a bunch of the floating middle back his way. Thanks to COVID-19, that won't be the economy (the traditional crutch for incumbent Presidents). The only thing that could do it would be for some incredibly divisive social issue to take front-and-centre prominence in the campaign.

Biden's strategy of playing it low-key is probably exactly the right one. He doesn't need to be out there selling himself, he just needs to let Trump implode, while avoiding pissing off centrists and moderate Republicans himself.
  • Your-Mother 30 Jun 2020 18:06:11 4,294 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Probably worth highlighting that any talk of dropping out could just be another propaganda tactic. Letís not forget that voter apathy and the whole ďClintonís going to win so letís not worry about votingĒ was a contributing factor in Trumpís win, so setting a similar ďTrump is GUARANTEED to loseĒ mindset is probably quite a popular idea. He wants to be seen as the underdog anyway (drain the swamp, Washington outsider etc).

Edited by Your-Mother at 18:06:24 30-06-2020
  • JamboWayOh 30 Jun 2020 18:10:44 19,356 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's hilarious isn't it, rich old white dude, who has lived a life of luxury, paid little to no taxes, got out of conscription and WON the presidential election is an underdog. Only a fucking moron would buy that narrative.
  • Technoishmatt 30 Jun 2020 19:03:38 4,130 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Deep state mothertrucker. Eat the pill! Sheeple.
  • Khanivor 30 Jun 2020 19:21:18 44,430 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    It's hilarious isn't it, rich old white dude, who has lived a life of luxury, paid little to no taxes, got out of conscription and WON the presidential election is an underdog. Only a fucking moron would buy that narrative.
    Remember the guy who said he was a billionaire would, in the sand breath, rail against the elites
  • JamboWayOh 30 Jun 2020 19:32:17 19,356 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tbf he has selflessly made it compulsory for all political dignitaries to stay at Trump branded hotels.

Edited by JamboWayOh at 19:32:32 30-06-2020
  • d_h1234 30 Jun 2020 19:49:39 277 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Remember the guy who said he was a billionaire would, in the sand breath, rail against the elites
    And now, as the President of the United States, pose again as an outsider ready to shake up the status quo and fix Washington. Just elect him and we can #MAGA!!!
  • Your-Mother 30 Jun 2020 20:06:11 4,294 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I like how Keep America Great fell absolutely flat as a slogan. It seems like a tacit acknowledgement that itís been four years of pointless floundering in an effort to enrich himself and his cronies, and that things arenít great.
  • Baihu1983 30 Jun 2020 22:11:29 12,344 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Your-Mother wrote:
    I like how Keep America Great fell absolutely flat as a slogan. It seems like a tacit acknowledgement that itís been four years of pointless floundering in an effort to enrich himself and his cronies, and that things arenít great.
    But that's Obamas fault
  • fontgeeksogood 30 Jun 2020 22:14:02 9,718 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Great
    America
    Yuge
    Collossal
    Unending
    National
    Terrific
    Success
  • nickthegun 30 Jun 2020 22:18:14 81,772 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Youíre also never going to top MAGA for catchiness. Thatís lightning in a bottle and will make everything else look shit in comparison.
  • RGeefe 30 Jun 2020 23:22:10 985 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I dunno, Get Brexit Done was pretty catchy. Get Donald Done?
  • Rodney 30 Jun 2020 23:28:59 4,397 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Republicans are a bit fucked because they doubled down on Trumpism. If they abandon him they'll lose a good chunk of their base, because it's really Trump's party now.

It may, or may not, be worth it depending how many swing voters / never Trump Republican voters they might gain.

If Trump were to step aside it would solve a lot of their problems, but I imagine things would have to be pretty desperate for Trump to step down.

Trump would however probably rather save face and step down....to spend more time with Ivanka.....than lose an election, so I don't think it's a total impossibility.

Edited by Rodney at 23:29:55 30-06-2020

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.