Following Donald Trump, first orange US President Page 1642

• simpleexplodingmaybe 13 Jan 2021 19:29:27 16,065 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Trump is clearing saying all the things his legal team think will help keep him out of jail next time his people riot
  • Dirtbox 13 Jan 2021 19:33:07 91,948 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    He'll deny it all the minute he's stopped by a random Fox reporter.
  • Dirtbox 13 Jan 2021 19:52:51 91,948 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    So Mitch will not agree to bring the senate back early, meaning a senate trial won't happen until the early days of Biden's presidency. So trump will be impeached today but his trial won't be until after the inauguration.

That sets the republicans up to convict, but not remove.

There were already 20 republicans who were willing to convict before Mitch voiced his support for impeachment behind closed doors and more will now be open to it because they won't be responsible for removing him, only being left with deciding whether he should be allowed to hold public office in the future.

Seems like a neat little stitch up from the GOP that thumbs it's nose at the dems while simultaneously allowing them the final say, because the GOP will no longer be the majority when the inditement goes down.

Convoluted, but very interesting and frankly a little bit shit, but this way at least trump is very unlikely to be able to make a comeback.
  • Dirtbox 13 Jan 2021 20:04:52 91,948 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Also I just had a realisation why the GOP are traditionally anti-immigrant.

It's because with each immigrant, it erodes the white american vote a little further. Obvious really.
  • DasBooter 13 Jan 2021 20:10:25 521 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I'm not quite sure what I'm watching here. The gentleman from so and so yields 30 seconds to the gentlelady from Ohio... What a weird system.

Anyway, where are all the Republicans condemning Trump? For the last 20 minutes they've all been whataboutery cunts. Let's not further divide our nation etc..
  • RobAnybody 13 Jan 2021 20:17:53 2,845 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    About Trump's "No Violence" statement, apparently that was also texted to his supporters.

This makes me wonder what else he has texted to his supporters .....
  • Dirtbox 13 Jan 2021 20:18:55 91,948 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Dick pics.
  • KnuttinAtoll 13 Jan 2021 20:20:59 8,633 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Republicans are a truly nasty species. It's absolutely incredible the bullshit they come up with, defending the indefensible. Motherfuckers, the lot of them. Hope they all go down in flames sooner than later.
  • Dirtbox 13 Jan 2021 20:22:19 91,948 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    DasBooter wrote:
    I'm not quite sure what I'm watching here. The gentleman from so and so yields 30 seconds to the gentlelady from Ohio... What a weird system.

Anyway, where are all the Republicans condemning Trump? For the last 20 minutes they've all been whataboutery cunts. Let's not further divide our nation etc..
    The people speaking at the moment are the House, which has a democrat majority. They get to impeach but only have 2 hours to make their statements. Those 2 hours are divied up between the speakers, hence the time keeping.

The senate is Mitch McConnel and Sanders and all that lot who are on holiday right now. They decide whether or not the impeachment should lead to some sort of conviction.

Edited by Dirtbox at 20:23:16 13-01-2021
  • JamboWayOh 13 Jan 2021 20:24:33 22,445 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    https://youtu.be/YVDJqipoohc

Look at all those peaceful fuckwits. Absolutely fucking insane and I'm amazed Klepper still risks himself.
  • DasBooter 13 Jan 2021 20:27:07 521 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Dirtbox

Thankyou sir
  • dsmx 13 Jan 2021 20:33:13 8,609 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    What I'm finding really weird about these impeachment proceedings is there are republicans defending Donald Trump's right to send a group of armed terrorists into the seat of government with the sole intention of killing anyone they perceived as disloyal or an enemy of Donald Trump.

They brought guns, bombs, gas masks, body armour, ziptie cuff links, enemies lists, they built gallows for mike pence. They had people in the group who knew the layout of the building and knew where to go, panic alarms buttons were removed, any police or national guard response was either delayed or outright refused, Donald Trump replaced key people in the DOD in the weeks leading up to this "event" with Trump sycophants.

These terrorists even planted bombs at both the republican and democratic party buildings to draw off what was left of the completely inadequate police presence. Then you have the whole situation of the capitol police taking selfies with the terrorists, letting them in in the first place and....well you could just go on and on about the entire day.

The whole situation only gets worse the longer you look into it and this is what we already know, what the hell is still to come?

I leave you with one last question:

How long do Trumps loyal republicans think they will last in that environment before they also become enemies of Donald Trump?

Edited by dsmx at 20:46:20 13-01-2021
  • KnuttinAtoll 13 Jan 2021 20:38:28 8,633 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I don't get that either. Unless they fear their lunatic voters are going to come for them. But it seems more like a cult or sect to me as opposed to a political party.
  • RobAnybody 13 Jan 2021 20:40:52 2,845 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    All I can say is that in some ways Trump must be feeling very powerful but also very fearful.

On the one hand he is able to call on his base and they will do as he asks (hopefully that also applies to his "No Violence" request), on the other hand he'll soon be an ex-POTUS and a lot of legal shit is going to be thrown in his face.

7 days to go and I doubt if anyone is feeling particularly reassured by his statement.
  • RobAnybody 13 Jan 2021 20:42:33 2,845 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    I don't get that either. Unless they fear their lunatic voters are going to come for them. But it seems more like a cult or sect to me as opposed to a political party.
    Fear of Trump's base is certainly the issue for some of them:

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/534034-democrat-gop-colleagues-say-theyre-afraid-for-their-lives-if-they-vote-to
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 13 Jan 2021 20:57:47 16,065 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If Id just seen hundreds of armed men demanding the vice-president be killed as they stormed my workplace Id probably be wearing Pampers under my suit too
  • beastmaster 13 Jan 2021 21:03:20 21,841 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Not really been following the story.

Trump is going to stay president till Biden officially takes over? Hes going to face some kind of trial? Or are these as of yet undecided?

I can understand them wanting Trump to stand trial but itll probably drag on for ages and his crazy supporters will have more of an excuse to carry on going.

Trump will dominate the headlines for months to come. Biden will probably be insignificant whilst the proceedings are taking place. May end up wishing they just let him go and fade into obscurity.

If they go ahead and try and put Trump on trial then next weeks protests are going to be extremely tense. If any of the police on duty decide to use tear gas or rubber bullets then Im pretty sure his supporters will return fire.

Dont some states have a no carry policy on firearms? Mind you, if four thousand armed protestors showed up, Id be inclined to give them a lot of leeway.
  • JamboWayOh 13 Jan 2021 21:07:54 22,445 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:

Dont some states have a no carry policy on firearms? Mind you, if four thousand armed protestors showed up, Id be inclined to give them a lot of leeway.
    And that's why America is fucked with that kind of thinking.
  • KnuttinAtoll 13 Jan 2021 21:26:18 8,633 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Impeached.

5% of Republicans voted for it. Weak as fuck.
  • MrWonderstuff 13 Jan 2021 21:28:39 3,503 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    So 85% of Republicans back illeagally overthrowing a government. Not surprised. Bunch of self serving cunts.
  • mothercruncher 13 Jan 2021 21:29:00 18,715 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yep- you can literally incite the murder of people but Red Team Good.

A moral vacuum the lot of them.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 13 Jan 2021 21:30:29 10,092 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Won't the ultimate end result be exactly the same as before? ie everyone just votes along party lines and the cunt gets off?
  • JamboWayOh 13 Jan 2021 21:34:33 22,445 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cunts. Spineless cunts. Even to the end.

So he's been impeached twice. Only 10 republicans voted for it. TEN.

Edited by JamboWayOh at 21:40:20 13-01-2021
  • Malek86 13 Jan 2021 21:40:55 11,529 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    So when is the Senate going to vote? Probably after Biden gets in, I'm guessing?
  • Malek86 13 Jan 2021 21:44:00 11,529 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Cunts. Spineless cunts. Even to the end.

So he's been impeached twice. Only 10 republicans voted for it. TEN.
    On the other hand, now I want to know who these ten guys are, to understand whether they have more moral integrity than the others, or if impeaching Trump served their own interests in some way.
  • RobAnybody 13 Jan 2021 21:45:41 2,845 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    Impeached.

5% of Republicans voted for it. Weak as fuck.
    But with 10 Republicans voting to impeach that makes it the most bipartisan impeachment in history I believe. That's quite something, the 10 Republicans deserve some praise, but the rest of the Republicans in the House are no more than gutless traitors.
  • RobAnybody 13 Jan 2021 21:46:45 2,845 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    So when is the Senate going to vote? Probably after Biden gets in, I'm guessing?
    That's right.
  • RobAnybody 13 Jan 2021 21:49:38 2,845 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The ten Republicans who have the guts to vote to impeach Trump:

John Katko
    Liz Cheney
    Adam Kinzinger
    Fred Upton
    Jaime Herrera Beutler
    Dan Newhouse
    Peter Meijer
    Tom Rice
    Anthony Gonzalez
    David Valadao

Bravo to them. A pity that their colleagues lacked a spine or the decency to do the right thing.

Edited by RobAnybody at 21:50:45 13-01-2021
  • MrWonderstuff 13 Jan 2021 21:50:44 3,503 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Well the Dems have the senate now so a vote will see Trump convicted.
  • Decks 13 Jan 2021 21:52:16 28,417 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It needs to be a 2 thirds majority I think. I'll be surprised if they find enough of them with a backbone.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.