Following Making a Murderer Netflix show like Serial Page 2

  • richarddavies 29 Dec 2015 14:02:03 6,608 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm watching it as I type. I'm 7 episodes in and it's just gripping as fook. So many twists and turns to the story and it's all true! Loving it more with every episode.
  • The-Bodybuilder 29 Dec 2015 15:07:25 17,540 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    XRoyalOnieX wrote:
    Watched a little didn't know what to think really I couldn't continue found it droning on was a bit to boring for me to be honest if he never did it what a woundehaa very sad to say the least
    Brendan, is that you?
  • The-Bodybuilder 29 Dec 2015 15:14:24 17,540 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    The day after watching and my head is still reeling. Just what the fucking fuck! How are those guys in prison and how is it those cops are walking free.

    Thinking about it today i wouldn't be surprised if the dead woman's brother had done it or even if the cops had a actually murdered her themselves. I think the latter isn't very likely but i most certainly wouldn't rule it out!

    Did you notice how at first when Teresa just disappeared and the appeals for started going our, her brother spoke about "they'll need tome to grieve" before stuttering and then saying "when we find her alive". Very bizarre thing to say.

    Also, her ex hacking into her voicemail and DELETING HER MESSAGES? Dafuq? And was never investigated? Was also the same guy that led the search and gave Teresa's aunt a camera and a map for where she should check.... which just happened to be where the car was?

    Personally, it does seem like Steve would've done some sinister at some point in his life (isn't animal cruelty a usually sign of being a bit of a psyche?), but this isn't minority report and we don't have preccogs.

    The saddest story was Brendan.
  • wobbly_Bob 29 Dec 2015 16:11:00 4,879 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    The day after watching and my head is still reeling. Just what the fucking fuck! How are those guys in prison and how is it those cops are walking free.

    Thinking about it today i wouldn't be surprised if the dead woman's brother had done it or even if the cops had a actually murdered her themselves. I think the latter isn't very likely but i most certainly wouldn't rule it out!

    Did you notice how at first when Teresa just disappeared and the appeals for started going our, her brother spoke about "they'll need tome to grieve" before stuttering and then saying "when we find her alive". Very bizarre thing to say.

    Also, her ex hacking into her voicemail and DELETING HER MESSAGES? Dafuq? And was never investigated? Was also the same guy that led the search and gave Teresa's aunt a camera and a map for where she should check.... which just happened to be where the car was?

    Personally, it does seem like Steve would've done some sinister at some point in his life (isn't animal cruelty a usually sign of being a bit of a psyche?), ubut this isn't minority report and we don't have preccogs.

    The saddest story was Brendan.
    Yeah i totally agree with you. Brendan is the saddest of them all. His whole life snuffed out. He really had no clue what was happening.

    In regards to the brother and ex boyfriend. I did notice those things. Although i didn't notice the brother saying about grieving and then saying oh. If we dont find her alive. Great point. Thanks for drawing my attention. I bet if you rewatched this you would notice lots of tiny details.

    Additionally, did you notice them falling over themselves and stuttering about them never having been on the avery property themselves. It turned out later they in fact had been. All very suspicious. The deleting the phone messages is a real wtf?


    Oh and them only giving the camera and direct line to the sheriff after directing her to a particular point on the avery property.

    It's just mind blowing.

    Edited by wobbly_Bob at 16:15:24 29-12-2015
  • Youthist 29 Dec 2015 21:33:47 13,624 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    bluefist wrote:
    Yea, there were some police shenanigans, but that doesn't mean Steven Avery is innocent. He is almost definitely guilty of the crime. Somebody who was right there, someone who lived there killed her.

    Its like OJ. Yea he killed them, but the police also fucked themselves by tampering with small pieces of evidence. Brendan being in jail is very sad, though. Poor kid.

    And what is this evidence exactly that he killed her? Apart from the fact there isn't
    any that doesn't have major question marks over it, of course.

    You comparing it so OJ is a joke, too. What evidence in that case did police tamper with? You don't know what you are talking about.

    Edited by Youthist at 21:36:16 29-12-2015
  • lovely-cozen 29 Dec 2015 21:51:56 17 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    seemed pretty clear from the doc that buting/strang thought maybe scott tadych/bobby dassey were potentially implicated
  • richarddavies 29 Dec 2015 22:33:49 6,608 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've just finished it. Amazing piece of film making. Have to admit I'm with bluefist on this one. I think avery did do it. The alternatives are too far fetched for my liking. either a killer picked teresa and killed her. Then thought to dump the charred remains at Steve's house and then lucky him the police went massively out of there way to then frame avery. Or the police murdered the girl then framed him

    I definitely think it's a case of the police just saw a chance to get him behind bars so the state didn't have to pay the 36 million and helped it along by planting evidence.

    Can't make my mind up with brendan though. Guilty or not he deserved a fair trial at least.
  • Youthist 29 Dec 2015 23:27:54 13,624 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Jesus man ! Did you watch the same program? What evidence was there exactly - on either of them? Like - actual evidence.
  • Youthist 29 Dec 2015 23:29:53 13,624 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Really, I need to understand how, based on that footage shown in that documentary on the trial, you can say there was anything that really swayed this against either of them. Every piece of evidence against him was massively compromised.
  • Deleted user 30 December 2015 00:41:58
    Up to ep 7 myself now and just amazed.

    The contaminated dna of the bullet should have meant 'no match' because of protocol yet the daft bint who managed to spit into the soup pushed for it to be excepted, the one and only time in her history of doing it.

    The forensic archeologist dudes admitted that because the burn site had been so badly compromised initially (not by them) that any way to tell if the body had actually been burned there was gone.  It was therefore entirely possible the body had been burned elsewhere then moved. Shovels ffs!

    The prosecution witnesses have almost all been face palmingly terrible.  Its shocking how easily the defence lawyers have been able to make them all squirm and run little loops around themselves only to show them their own stupidity/ineptitude/forgetfullness at the most dramatic moment.

    I dont even know what to make of any of it, its just one big insane, terrifying freakshow.  Boy, is it good TV tho!  Gripped, even though I googled the outcome as it was pissing me off not knowing the ultimate verdict.  Still plenty I dont know yet though and cant wait to finish up the last few eps.
  • richarddavies 30 Dec 2015 08:34:58 6,608 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Youthist

    Morning, Sorry I was well asleep by then. Just to be clear I only thought of Steven's guilt through some of the evidence. I just don't think there's any other logical explanation of what happened. He was the last person to see her alive and her body was found on his grounds. And after sleeping on it in regards to Brendan. I know he's a simple lad and afterwards he says he was made to/tricked into saying stuff but at that time the police didn't really have a clue what happened to Teresa and it was Brendan that filled in all the gaps. He did go into quite some detail about how she was killed.


    To be fair to you though if we are talking what if's and if I was on the jury. I think it is there job to only convict someone if there's no reasonable doubt. Especially if the rest of a man's life hangs in the balance and I don't think they did that. If I was a juror and after seeing all that evidence I would think there was too many questions/blank spots. I don't think I could of given a guilty verdict.

    EDIT: It is quite scary though in just how many area's the police seemed to have gone out of there way to plant evidence, tamper with and generally push things in the direction of a guilty verdict. I've seen that shit in films but it was something else seeing it happen in real life.

    Edited by richarddavies at 08:36:44 30-12-2015

    Edited by richarddavies at 08:56:43 30-12-2015
  • Not-a-reviewer 30 Dec 2015 08:38:21 5,566 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If this is anything like serial then I wouldn't trust any conclusions you may draw from what is shown.
  • wobbly_Bob 30 Dec 2015 08:53:08 4,879 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @richarddavies

    Could you should spoiler tag quite a bit of that, please?
  • richarddavies 30 Dec 2015 08:57:02 6,608 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Of course Mr Bob, your right it should of been.
  • Rivuzu 30 Dec 2015 09:12:37 17,871 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Up to episode five so far, just starting on it, so I've seen the blood vial with a fucking hyperdermic sized hole in the cap and jesus Christ, this is really compelling watching.

    Absolutely terrifying that this has happened in real life to someone. It's better TV than any drama I've seen this year.
  • richarddavies 30 Dec 2015 09:15:31 6,608 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Aww that was a proper WTF?? moment for me. Amazing stuff. I can't think of another documentary series I've seen before as well that just concentrated on one case. Was a big thing for me that you can get so much more information and a feel for what happened and who was affected by it over the ten episodes.
  • Rivuzu 30 Dec 2015 09:42:37 17,871 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ha, even Anonymous are getting in on it now

    http://www.techinsider.io/anonymous-helps-making-a-murderer-subject-steven-avery-2015-12

    What a time to be alive?
  • Youthist 30 Dec 2015 10:22:18 13,624 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    All I know is I never want richarddavies on the jury if I ever get into trouble!
  • richarddavies 30 Dec 2015 10:23:55 6,608 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Can you even read. I did an entire paragraph about what I would do if I was on the jury.
  • Rivuzu 30 Dec 2015 10:26:20 17,871 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Still don't understand why the key didn't have the entire thing opened up for a tampering investigation. It was an obvious fucking plant! But then, 6 more episodes, maybe it does. WANT TO WATCH NOW
  • richarddavies 30 Dec 2015 10:28:39 6,608 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Rivuzu wrote:
    Still don't understand why the key didn't have the entire thing opened up for a tampering investigation. It was an obvious fucking plant! But then, 6 more episodes, maybe it does. WANT TO WATCH NOW
    It annoyed me that it was just the most blatant bit of evidence planting/tampering I've ever seen. The even had officers on the stand testifying that the key wasn't there at earlier searches. Then on the day Lenk goes in it suddenly turns up in plain view. Why it wasn't taken seriously is just bizzare.
  • Youthist 30 Dec 2015 10:33:50 13,624 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    richarddavies wrote:
    Can you even read. I did an entire paragraph about what I would do if I was on the jury.
    Chill out. You say you think he did it but wouldn't have convicted him if you were on the jury, correct?
  • richarddavies 30 Dec 2015 10:38:58 6,608 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    richarddavies wrote:
    Can you even read. I did an entire paragraph about what I would do if I was on the jury.
    Chill out. You say you think he did it but wouldn't have convicted him if you were on the jury, correct?
    Better spoiler my response to that.

    Yes I think he was probably guilty. That's not a jurors job though to go off what they think. There supposed to take all the evidence presented and then deduce if they make a case that proves beyond a reasonable doubt that they are guilty. And if not they should be acquitted. If I was on the jury there was too many instances that give doubt. To be frank as soon as it became apparent that any evidence at all may have been tampered with there was only one verdict he should of gotten really
  • The-Bodybuilder 30 Dec 2015 14:35:46 17,540 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Personally, and after doing some more research into the case, I do think he's guilty, however of that trial he should not have been found guilty. He definitely deserves a retrial, but I wouldn't say he was innocent just yet.

    For one, the show doesn't mention that Teresa had already previously complained about Steve Avery's behaviour towards her in the past was creepy and was reluctant to go to his place. Also, he called her a few times a few days before for her to come down to his site (which when you think about it, didn't her ex say she was getting phone calls that she didn't want to answer?)
    Also, two things are for certain; Teresa's body was burnt (show doesn't mention that her mobile phone and jeans were found in Steve's burn barrel) and HE DID have a bonfire. The chances of someone else making the kind of fire needed to burn her body whilst Steve had a bonfire St the same time is uncanny.
    .

    Brendan should be exonerated imo. I read his original report and that testimony is shady as fuck. I'm not sure Richard has watched the whole thing, but if you haven't you'll soon understand how and why his testimony was so descriptive.

    I mean feck, his original testimony claimed he raped her for 5-10 mins. A 16 year old kid having sex for the first time lasting a whole 10 mins? Fuck off, lol.
  • The-Bodybuilder 30 Dec 2015 14:37:56 17,540 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    However by all accounts, Steve sounds like a wrong' un.
    Just seemed that the county believed he was a dangerous man, so best lock him up however they could, to protect anyone he may harm.

    Problem with that is, as seen by the first case, locking up one potentially evil man for a crime he didn't commit, just leaves a definitely evil man free to commit his crime again.
  • Rivuzu 30 Dec 2015 14:41:11 17,871 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    A 16 year old kid having sex for the first time lasting a whole 10 mins? Fuck off, lol.
    He could of raped her 20 times for all we know.
  • richarddavies 30 Dec 2015 14:43:29 6,608 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    Brendan should be exonerated imo. I read his original report and that testimony is shady as fuck. I'm not sure Richard has watched the whole thing, but if you haven't you'll soon understand how and why his testimony was so descriptive.

    I mean feck, his original testimony claimed he raped her for 5-10 mins. A 16 year old kid having sex for the first time lasting a whole 10 mins? Fuck off, lol.
    Ha! I was a don my first time!

    As I said in regards to Brendan it wasn't shown in the show too much but quite a large margin of what actually happened to Teresa (the binding on the bed, the beatings, the rapes, stabbings, throat slitting, shooting etc didn't just come from evidence. It all came from Brendan. That's not just nodding and saying yes to statements the cops were making that's giving quite vasts amounts of details into what happened. Also him losing alot of weight afterwards and crying uncontrollably after it happened. He doesn't add up. I'll be honest though I'm still not entirely sure with Brendan. He is a very simple young lad putting it lightly. And he was fucked over in numerous ways during the case. I certainly wouldn't of convicted him of being guilty either if I was on the jury. Literally the one and only bit of evidence they had was his statements and he said he made them them up later. How that's convictable I don't know
  • funkstar 30 Dec 2015 16:04:45 3,280 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @richarddavies regarding brendan's interrogations, he was clearly guessing for what he thought would be the right answer and get him back to school. The narrative he put forward had no physical evidence to back it up.

    Part of the reason it seems so detailed is when he got 'wrong' answers the police would note them down and then keep asking him for the 'right' answer that fits the narrative they were expecting. For example,
    the bullet: they have to ask him multiple times what he did to her in the garage. eventually they say 'what did you do to her head' and he says 'punched her'. they say 'no, be honest, what else did you to her head' and they are clearly trying to get him to say he shot her.

    Edited by funkstar at 16:07:50 30-12-2015
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.