Following Making a Murderer Netflix show like Serial Page 13

• CosmicFuzz 20 Jan 2016 18:59:21 32,582 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    gravearchitecture wrote:
    TheSaint wrote:
    gravearchitecture wrote:
    if the EDTA test was guff then the defence would have leapt straight on that after verdict and arranged a new test, like they mentioned in the film. they didn't, or did yet didn't get the result they wanted.
    Wouldn't that have been a bit pointless seeing as every appeal seemed to be heard by the same judge that proceeded over the original trial?

It seemed crazy that the appeals were not heard by a new judge.
    what was wrong with the judge? you can't just pick new judges because you didn't like how it went last time.

besides, he has lodged an appeal, but it's mad and doesn't seem to have any new evidence: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/making-a-murderer-s-steven-avery-appeals-conviction-in-halbach-case-a6809586.html

everything points to the edta test being legit otherwise it would be the perfect smoking gun to lodge an appeal, or better make it inadmissible during the case.
    Well the whole point of an appeal is for someone to look over the entire trial and say whether or not everything was done correctly, whether evidence was/wasn't allowed that should have been, whether the jury were properly instructed, etc. Having the same judge look over his decision is insane. You're effectively asking him to say whether or not he made any mistakes, to which the answer almost certainly will be no.

The entire point of appeals is to have fresh eyes looking over everything.
  • Lukus 20 Jan 2016 20:04:33 21,738 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    RoyBatty wrote:
    Something that's been driving me crazy every time I watch it is what his mother reminds me of. It may be something out of Labyrinth. Although David Bowers recent passing maybe putting that into my head. It's definitely some kind of 80s puppet though. Any help will be appreciated.
    It's Yoda!

• challenge_hanukkah 20 Jan 2016 20:27:29 9,877 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
  • mrpon 20 Jan 2016 20:31:43 35,027 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
  • Jono62 20 Jan 2016 20:37:24 21,830 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    http://i.imgur.com/6e1fz0K.gif
  • richarddavies 20 Jan 2016 20:51:08 6,608 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bit of a read but lad bibles put a theory that someone put on a site about what they really think happened to Theresa. It's actually a good little theory to me.

http://www.theladbible.com/articles/is-this-the-most-credible-theory-about-making-a-murderer-yet-200116
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 20 Jan 2016 21:29:51 18,389 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah makes sense. Dassey in particular looked extremely suspect whenever he was one. Not going to be anyway to prove something like that though unfortunately.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 20 Jan 2016 22:31:29 18,389 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    There isn't. It's a theory.
  • Deleted user 20 January 2016 22:51:47
    It's a slightly more believable load of conjectured bollocks than was presented in the series
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 20 Jan 2016 22:55:12 18,389 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It's a way of trying to explain the dodgy plate call in by the simpleton copy and why those two mongs stories didn't match up I guess. It's one of few theories that seems to account for everything I suppose. Again though it's just a theory with nothing to back it up.
  • L0cky 21 Jan 2016 08:44:26 2,034 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    PES_Fanboy wrote:
    It's a slightly more believable load of conjectured bollocks than was presented in the series
    That's not really fair. If the defence used that theory in the trial then there is supporting evidence, and it wouldn't be considered bollocks.

It also probably wouldn't have worked either, as it still involves the police stitching him up, so the judge still would have blocked them from pointing fingers.
  • Deleted user 21 January 2016 08:52:06
    Steve needs to write a book in jail called "If I Did It, Here's How I Would Have Done It"
  • Humperfunk 21 Jan 2016 08:53:14 7,921 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I thought the defence weren't allowed to specifically name people though? Hence why they didn't and merely tore their mutual alibis to shreds.
  • Deleted user 21 January 2016 10:27:09
    I finished watching this yesterday. I agree with a lot of the things people have already said on here. It was interesting but as it was based on miscarriage of justice/their innocence, I felt like I was only getting half the story.

The heavily encouraged confession of Brendan Dassey looked terrible. Even his own original defence team making him draw the crime scene because they "couldn't help him if he wasn't sorry" was used against him. From the looks of it all he needed was a lawyer early on to protest that the police were leading him in the questioning and they probably wouldn't have a case against him, but as we were getting half the story maybe there was a bit more against him.
  • Oh-Bollox 21 Jan 2016 20:04:10 6,513 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    http://i.imgur.com/UGCNbHT.gifv

Edited by Oh-Bollox at 20:04:35 21-01-2016
  • Youthist 4 Feb 2016 16:01:51 13,617 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    http://globalnews.ca/news/2494856/ex-detective-says-steven-avery-was-framed-serial-killer-responsible-for-teresa-halbach-death/

quite interesting tit bits.
  • Reviewer_ 4 Feb 2016 16:14:03 359 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I assumed he was an ex detective from the case for a moment, not just some ex detective.
  • Youthist 4 Feb 2016 16:29:14 13,617 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    well the theory is an interesting one. http://coldcasecameron.com/ for a little more detail on the serial killer he is discussing.
  • Reviewer_ 4 Feb 2016 16:34:47 359 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Sure, I'm just more suspicious that the ex cop that wrote a book about the guy he's put forward may be suggesting the link for different reasons.
  • Youthist 4 Feb 2016 16:39:10 13,617 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Agreed. There are many people promoting many books both claiming he did it and didn't do it right now.

There are some videos of that killer on that link and the way he talks about the killings is pretty chilling. He literally is a stone cold serial killer that appears fairly sane if that is indeed possible. He also planned killings in a lot of detail and set out to frame others for them.
  • OmniaVincitAmor 4 Feb 2016 16:42:08 2,372 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That is actually super fucking interesting. There is no copy of the letter though to read is there?
  • richarddavies 4 Feb 2016 16:42:19 6,608 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh I know the guy. I stumbled on a video on youtube of someone interviewing the fella last week. I got a few minutes in and thought he was talking rambling bollocks and trying to cash in on the show and turned it off. They were showing clips of the show and he was pointing out a random old fat guy in the background of one of the episodes in court and trying to say he was this serial killer. Even though he looked nothing like the guy.
  • OmniaVincitAmor 4 Feb 2016 16:49:02 2,372 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    richarddavies wrote:
    Oh I know the guy. I stumbled on a video on youtube of someone interviewing the fella last week. I got a few minutes in and thought he was talking rambling bollocks and trying to cash in on the show and turned it off. They were showing clips of the show and he was pointing out a random old fat guy in the background of one of the episodes in court and trying to say he was this serial killer. Even though he looked nothing like the guy.
    Oh. Shame I love crazy conspiracy theories.
  • specialgamer 4 Feb 2016 17:02:54 689 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    From that http://coldcasecameron.com/ link... "Edward Wayne Edwards January 8th, 1997, Google True Crime Blogs" Google wasn't even founded until 1998, let alone actually have a 'blog' to write this on.
  • martinthemonkey 6 Feb 2016 11:21:00 488 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @specialgamer That's a great article, as is this, http://globalnews.ca/news/2494856/ex-detective-says-steven-avery-was-framed-serial-killer-responsible-for-teresa-halbach-death/

Plenty of circumstantial evidence but the picture of 'Edwards' and Krartz in court is chilling.
  • Vice.Destroyer 12 Aug 2016 21:26:38 7,230 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hot off the presses. Brendan Dassey conviction has been overturned! And the prosecutors will have 90 days now to decide whether or not to retry him, or he is out. I think that makes about 9 years in custody for the poor fucker.
  • Jono62 12 Aug 2016 21:41:59 21,830 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Do you have a link?

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.