Red Dead Redemption 2 Page 111

• Ron_Justice 7 Nov 2018 13:19:00 3,153 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    robthehermit wrote:
    So what are the chances of an ebay listing for a new sealed xbone special edition on buy it now at £40 inc p+p from a new seller with zero feedback being legit?
    Having tried to buy a copy of God of War via a very similar listing, I'd say virtually zero. So much so that my attempt resulted in a fraudulent listing, a hacked account and me being out of pocket for a few days. I did get the funds back mind, eventually.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 7 Nov 2018 13:34:15 16,720 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ron_Justice wrote:
    I made Stew last night, 100% because of this game...

It would seem I'm in good company however :

You didn't eat that did you?
  • askew 7 Nov 2018 13:38:17 17,759 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Toxie wrote:
    My favourite thing in this is the horse fisting mini game.
    Classic Toxie ;)
  • Frogofdoom 7 Nov 2018 13:42:04 10,557 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Getting worried for Ron as he hasn't replied, the "stew" may have got him.
  • Rodderz 7 Nov 2018 14:02:11 3,454 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ron? Ronnnnnnn? Has anybody seen Ron? Ron is missing. Rooooooooonnnnn....
  • neilka 7 Nov 2018 14:02:48 22,062 posts
    Seen 51 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The capitalisation of "Stew" is the worrying part.
  • Rodderz 7 Nov 2018 14:07:22 3,454 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    The capitalisation of "Stew" is the worrying part.
    😲 Oh damn, you're right.
  • erniewhatbert 7 Nov 2018 14:08:04 2,948 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Phattso wrote:

I guess same question to the PS4 Pro peeps. Those of you with the RDR2 Pro console: how's the noise? :)
    DF confirms the RDR2-edition Pro is more quiet.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-playstation-4-pro-cuh-7200-review#comments

Edited by erniewhatbert at 14:08:13 07-11-2018
  • Dougs 7 Nov 2018 14:11:42 87,066 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Tbh, I've not noticed the noise to be any worse than any other game on my pov model.
  • Ron_Justice 7 Nov 2018 14:14:57 3,153 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't see what the issue is. My Stew was even more glorious on the second day, after a night in the fridge. Granted, it does LOOK like a load of old Shit...
  • robthehermit 7 Nov 2018 14:24:55 6,919 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Ron_Justice wrote:
    robthehermit wrote:
    So what are the chances of an ebay listing for a new sealed xbone special edition on buy it now at £40 inc p+p from a new seller with zero feedback being legit?
    Having tried to buy a copy of God of War via a very similar listing, I'd say virtually zero. So much so that my attempt resulted in a fraudulent listing, a hacked account and me being out of pocket for a few days. I did get the funds back mind, eventually.
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured, but I've taken a punt anyway. I had some ebay vouchers via Nectar, so I'll only be out of pocket by £22.50 for a week or so while paypal sort it out. Nothing ventured, nothing gained and all that.
  • Frogofdoom 7 Nov 2018 14:33:21 10,557 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ok that's Ron accounted for, but has anyone seen Stew? He is a great cockney guy and I can't find him anywhere.
  • waggy79 7 Nov 2018 14:57:22 1,897 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    robthehermit wrote:
    Ron_Justice wrote:
    robthehermit wrote:
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured, but I've taken a punt anyway. I had some ebay vouchers via Nectar, so I'll only be out of pocket by £22.50 for a week or so while paypal sort it out. Nothing ventured, nothing gained and all that.
    Had a similar thing happen. Turns out scammers pick a very popular item and put it up for a 'too good to be true' price on a new account. By the time complaints come in and the account is shut down they have the money.
  • Syrette 7 Nov 2018 15:30:41 50,013 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Not too far into this game still; one quick question if you don't mind...

... can I buy crafting materials/pelts etc? Or will I have to hunt every animal I need to for specific upgrades and the like?

Cheers in advance.
  • Frogofdoom 7 Nov 2018 15:38:36 10,557 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nope, need to hunt them if you want them. You don't need any of them though.
  • Frogofdoom 7 Nov 2018 15:53:07 10,557 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's funny, I remember the posts before the game came out saying that Arthur lacks character. Now I'm pretty near the end of the game I can safely say he is one of (if not my favourite) video game characters ever. He is just incredible and his voice actor has done an amazing job with the role.
  • Ron_Justice 7 Nov 2018 16:22:50 3,153 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    waggy79 wrote:
    robthehermit wrote:
    Ron_Justice wrote:
    robthehermit wrote:
    Had a similar thing happen. Turns out scammers pick a very popular item and put it up for a 'too good to be true' price on a new account. By the time complaints come in and the account is shut down they have the money.
    Mine was actually on an old account - registered years ago - with very little selling action but a good reputation. Basically, the scammers had hacked a dormant account and used that to sell the items. It would appear that if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.
  • wuntyphyve 7 Nov 2018 16:26:08 11,005 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Frogofdoom yeah I seem to remember seeing stuff like that too. Iím still early on in the game but already heís one of my favourite protagonists
  • askew 7 Nov 2018 16:27:03 17,759 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hmm. The honour system annoys me slightly. It's too easy to lose (if you're trying to be nice). I'd just rescued a lady from the hillbillies and was going to give her a ride back to Van Horn, only for her to call me a bastard and run away when I had the temerity to (accidentally) loot her dead companion. Cue the chime of doom to indicate I'm a bad man.
  • magicpanda 7 Nov 2018 16:32:33 14,788 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    You are a bad man.
  • Rodderz 7 Nov 2018 16:41:49 3,454 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Anyone else met "Margaret" :)? That was a funny set of missions.
  • Frogofdoom 7 Nov 2018 16:45:37 10,557 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wouldn't worry too much, I was playing fairly neutral and managed to max it out eventually. I have done a load of bad stuff as well.
  • mothercruncher 7 Nov 2018 17:05:58 15,378 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Arthur's just serviceable for me- a regular enough, average enough cowboy type. Even has that hackneyed cowboy voiceover. I've been having a bit of fun with the games various mechanisms, but, outside of tearing it up with the various factions, generally being good. Some of the enforced morality from cutscenes etc- the loan shark stuff particularly- have made me think Arthur is a right fucking arsehole though.
    Great game, alright protagonist for me, as of Chapter 3 anyway.
  • Frogofdoom 7 Nov 2018 17:09:48 10,557 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Chapter 3 is very much early days though in terms of spending time with him as a character. It's because we all spend so long in chapter 2 because we are finally free to wander about without any limits.
  • andy10 7 Nov 2018 17:13:35 295 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Rodderz Funnily enough, I did those last night! Didn't take me long to anticipate what the twist at the end would be, but very enjoyable. I'm hoping I get to meet those characters again.
  • askew 7 Nov 2018 17:19:03 17,759 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Margaret? Hmm.

Look out for the right-angled trees on your way up the Roanoke river. I saw them once Iíd finally got the legendary beaver 🤩
  • Rodderz 7 Nov 2018 17:28:34 3,454 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    andy10 wrote:
    @Rodderz Funnily enough, I did those last night! Didn't take me long to anticipate what the twist at the end would be, but very enjoyable. I'm hoping I get to meet those characters again.
    Yeah same here, I hope to see Margaret and co. somewhere in the game world again!
  • Rodderz 7 Nov 2018 17:32:48 3,454 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    askew wrote:
    Margaret? Hmm.

Look out for the right-angled trees on your way up the Roanoke river. I saw them once Iíd finally got the legendary beaver 🤩
    I'll need to have a look around for this legendary beaver I keep hearing about ;). I'm currently searching for a 3* racoon for a new satchel.

Edited by Rodderz at 17:33:01 07-11-2018
  • askew 7 Nov 2018 17:49:16 17,759 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Fuck. I found the Murfee Brood hideout. Hard work!

Also: a corpse hanging from a tree on the road nearby.

Also: you lose honour for killing a bounty huntersí horse :/

Edited by askew at 18:06:59 07-11-2018
  • andy10 7 Nov 2018 18:37:01 295 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Someone's probably already asked this, but are the hunting/crafting upgrades worth it? I found the hunting tutorial missions a little tedious and fiddly. Not sure I want to invest the time when there are other interesting things I could be doing.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.