Red Dead Redemption 2 Page 113

  • andy10 7 Nov 2018 23:54:26 295 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wow, that's a hell of a conclusion to Chapter 3. I was shaking throughout, and for once it wasn't due to the shonky controls (hey-oh!). Can't wait to see where this goes next.
  • Rodderz 8 Nov 2018 00:04:58 3,454 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    askew wrote:
    https://prod-cdnugc-rockstargames.akamaized.net/ugc/rdr2photo/c34dt-8M4UKjZa2yEVacqQ/0_0.jpg
    Heh, someone's been doing a major arboriculture project there :D
  • Rodderz 8 Nov 2018 00:07:01 3,454 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    andy10 wrote:
    Wow, that's a hell of a conclusion to Chapter 3. I was shaking throughout, and for once it wasn't due to the shonky controls (hey-oh!). Can't wait to see where this goes next.
    I'm behind a bit due to hunting! Just finished delivering some moonshine to the Rhodes saloon. That was fun :)

    Finally got a 3* Racoon pelt too, so got an upgraded provisions satchel at last.
  • Frogofdoom 8 Nov 2018 07:18:44 10,557 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @welshben1982 I reckon so. It was only because I think you are only one of about 4 of us that have got that far. I reckon we might need another thread for after the game is done as there are some pretty huge events along the way.
  • askew 8 Nov 2018 08:07:05 17,759 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Put all the story spoilers in the ready-made disinterested thread 😉
  • vanDevious 8 Nov 2018 10:43:38 312 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I played for 5 hours over the past two nights and haven't done a single mission. I usually cringe at the PR stuff but the Rockstar 'world' probably wasn't an understatement.
  • robthehermit 8 Nov 2018 11:48:52 6,919 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Ron_Justice wrote:
    waggy79 wrote:
    robthehermit wrote:
    Ron_Justice wrote:
    robthehermit wrote:
    So what are the chances of an ebay listing for a new sealed xbone special edition on buy it now at £40 inc p+p from a new seller with zero feedback being legit?
    Having tried to buy a copy of God of War via a very similar listing, I'd say virtually zero. So much so that my attempt resulted in a fraudulent listing, a hacked account and me being out of pocket for a few days. I did get the funds back mind, eventually.
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured, but I've taken a punt anyway. I had some ebay vouchers via Nectar, so I'll only be out of pocket by £22.50 for a week or so while paypal sort it out. Nothing ventured, nothing gained and all that.
    Had a similar thing happen. Turns out scammers pick a very popular item and put it up for a 'too good to be true' price on a new account. By the time complaints come in and the account is shut down they have the money.
    Mine was actually on an old account - registered years ago - with very little selling action but a good reputation. Basically, the scammers had hacked a dormant account and used that to sell the items. It would appear that if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.
    Well, it will come as no surprise to anyone (myself included) that the transaction has been cancelled and refunded.
  • Farley2k 8 Nov 2018 14:30:38 92 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Red Dead Redemption 2: The Hater's Review
    Kotaku

    *Holy cow - it is 40 minutes long! I got a bit bored after 10...but it was somewhat funny.



    Edited by Farley2k at 14:44:18 08-11-2018
  • askew 8 Nov 2018 14:47:59 17,759 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The intro to Horsemen, Apocalypses :o
  • wuntyphyve 8 Nov 2018 15:20:57 11,005 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    /still doesn't know how the bounty system works and has accrued $300 in bounties over two states

    I've started getting a bit shooty.
  • Load_2.0 8 Nov 2018 15:27:05 28,180 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Was he Asian?

    Is he was Asian it was Neilka.
  • askew 8 Nov 2018 15:53:43 17,759 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Found another victim of the serial killer in Lemoyne. Nasty handiwork!
  • Dougs 8 Nov 2018 16:36:47 87,066 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    vanDevious wrote:
    I played for 5 hours over the past two nights and haven't done a single mission. I usually cringe at the PR stuff but the Rockstar 'world' probably wasn't an understatement.
    Much the same here. Just so much to interact with.

    Edited by Dougs at 16:37:10 08-11-2018
  • stephenb 8 Nov 2018 19:46:38 3,406 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    One part of the story has 3 missions in a row where you slowly follow someone and can't take a break between said missions. It severely tested my patience but I'm still loving it.
  • Frogofdoom 8 Nov 2018 19:57:46 10,557 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Chapter 6, fucking hell. Not quite finished it yet but God damn. My semi auto shotgun has disappeared though which is a shitter.
  • askew 8 Nov 2018 20:35:58 17,759 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    My top top for tonight: donít venture near Hanging Dog Ranch when youíre already low on health and stamina having spent the night searching for the legendary elk and ended up tumbling down Mount Shann trying to find goodies.
  • Huggybear 8 Nov 2018 20:47:03 1,501 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    wuntyphyve wrote:
    /still doesn't know how the bounty system works and has accrued $300 in bounties over two states

    I've started getting a bit shooty.
    There's a video on Youtube on this. There are lots of variables.

    Think the most important thing is this: the bandanna only fools civilians. Lawmen will always identify you if they see you. So as long as you commit the crime wearing one, and escape before the law arrives and wait out the "Wanted" state, you won't get a bounty (but it's not a good idea to immediately return there wearing the same outfit and riding the horse because the civilians might remember those).

    The level of detail in this game is INSANE. I just carried a skinned Buck carcass on my shoulder and it got my shirt entirely covered in blood on that side. In camp Pearson commented on it, saying "And I thought I was the butcher here".
  • Frogofdoom 8 Nov 2018 20:50:46 10,557 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I was on a mission with Charles and he killed someone with a tomohawk, I picked up the guys hat and put it on and Charles said "got yourself a new hat there Arthur". It's the details like that which make it so incredible.
  • Mr_Sleep 8 Nov 2018 20:52:50 22,001 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I would just like to thank the person in this thread who pointed out you can use the bonoculars to find perfect pelts. I have a perfect ram and elk pelt now. It has saved me a lot of faff.
  • wuntyphyve 8 Nov 2018 21:02:45 11,005 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    I was on a mission with Charles and he killed someone with a tomohawk, I picked up the guys hat and put it on and Charles said "got yourself a new hat there Arthur". It's the details like that which make it so incredible.
    It's awesome. it all feels so seamless. The incidental conversations with your gang are inspired.

    I was rounding sheep earlier and I kept running over one particular sheep. The dialogue between Arthur and John as I kept running over this sheep was very amusing. John sounded genuinely exasperated as Arthur kept telling him to shut up as I ran over the bloody sheep again and again.
  • askew 8 Nov 2018 21:15:28 17,759 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You get so many variations of dialogue depending on whether you greet or antagonize somebody, what order you use those options etc. I watched a video earlier of Arthur winding up everybody in camp, and the blending of the dialogue is just so natural ó Tilly asked if it was her turn now, before eventually Lenny came and knocked Arthur out!
  • brokenkey 8 Nov 2018 22:26:02 9,945 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    https://streamable.com/pb287
  • Ron_Justice 9 Nov 2018 09:17:30 3,153 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    robthehermit wrote:
    Ron_Justice wrote:
    waggy79 wrote:
    robthehermit wrote:
    Ron_Justice wrote:
    robthehermit wrote:
    So what are the chances of an ebay listing for a new sealed xbone special edition on buy it now at £40 inc p+p from a new seller with zero feedback being legit?
    Having tried to buy a copy of God of War via a very similar listing, I'd say virtually zero. So much so that my attempt resulted in a fraudulent listing, a hacked account and me being out of pocket for a few days. I did get the funds back mind, eventually.
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured, but I've taken a punt anyway. I had some ebay vouchers via Nectar, so I'll only be out of pocket by £22.50 for a week or so while paypal sort it out. Nothing ventured, nothing gained and all that.
    Had a similar thing happen. Turns out scammers pick a very popular item and put it up for a 'too good to be true' price on a new account. By the time complaints come in and the account is shut down they have the money.
    Mine was actually on an old account - registered years ago - with very little selling action but a good reputation. Basically, the scammers had hacked a dormant account and used that to sell the items. It would appear that if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.
    Well, it will come as no surprise to anyone (myself included) that the transaction has been cancelled and refunded.
    You just know this is going to be one of those games that holds its value too, so it's going to be tough to find a real bargain in the second hand market.
  • MrFlay 9 Nov 2018 14:38:28 3,816 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Edge gave this a 10. Probably deserved.
  • askew 9 Nov 2018 14:55:11 17,759 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Riding down from Colter in the middle of night, in a snowstorm, carrying my lantern and watching the shadows play around: wow.
  • robthehermit 9 Nov 2018 15:34:25 6,919 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Picked up the SE for £67 in the end. After vouchers a real money cost of £49.50. I can live with that.
  • askew 9 Nov 2018 16:33:06 17,759 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hmm. Well I'm the worst stick up artist in Rhodes. I wanted to investigate the gunsmiths' basement, so I loitered outside, put on my psycho mask and ventured in, all casual-like. Gunsmith says: "I'm not serving you like that", so I draw my shotgun.

    Press "RT" to aim, the game says.

    I press RT.

    Arthur blasts gunsmith in the chest.

    Arthur waits in the store until the police bugger off.
  • Trowel 9 Nov 2018 17:52:07 22,173 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Ron_Justice wrote:
    You just know this is going to be one of those games that holds its value too, so it's going to be tough to find a real bargain in the second hand market.
    Use Nectar points in Sainsburys next week and get it for the equivalent of £25.
  • AddyJB 9 Nov 2018 18:22:33 332 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    Holy fuck those body parts I discovered led me on a grisly tale with a disturbing conclusion.
  • welshben1982 9 Nov 2018 19:39:03 1,250 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Post deleted
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.