Red Dead Redemption 2 Page 141

• HarryPalmer 2 Dec 2018 07:44:14 5,663 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Are raccoons real? Iíve killed panthers, cougars, iguanas and wolves, but can I find one single raccoon?
  • jenguin 2 Dec 2018 08:15:14 159 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @HarryPalmer I thought the same, but found one last night. Try by the Y of lemoyne on the map. At night.
  • HarryPalmer 2 Dec 2018 08:20:48 5,663 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Will do. Thanks for the tip.
  • Rodderz 2 Dec 2018 16:39:11 3,472 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    HarryPalmer wrote:
    Are raccoons real? Iíve killed panthers, cougars, iguanas and wolves, but can I find one single raccoon?
    Forget Racoons, has anybody seen GAVIN?
  • fontgeeksogood 2 Dec 2018 16:41:30 3,755 posts
    Seen 47 seconds ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Is he a homosexual Englishman
  • Rusty_M 2 Dec 2018 20:43:13 6,896 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    My first interaction online was clearing out a gang hideout, then another player came along. I didn't realize that the pink blip was another player. Before I knew what was happening, he'd hogtied me. I tried to break loose, but he cut my bonds, waved at me, then ran off.
  • Innit 2 Dec 2018 21:04:00 313 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Gavin's mate in the epilogue is amazing.
  • Scimarad 2 Dec 2018 21:28:09 9,528 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I looted some throwing knives and some dynamite off of some random bandits on RDO but it doesn't seem to be in my inventory or on the horse. Is this something stupid like you have to unlock the ability to use it?
  • magicpanda 2 Dec 2018 21:39:35 14,820 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    No, they should be there. under the lasso.
  • Scimarad 3 Dec 2018 04:43:49 9,528 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Ah, must be the one place I didn't look.
  • ERG1008 3 Dec 2018 09:28:26 744 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    minky-kong wrote:
    Finished Chapter 6 last night, wish I was warned not to take my best horse into the last few missions. Good Night Sweet Buell :(

Oh, and poor Arthur too.
    Did this last night and the bit where Arthur says "Thank you" to the dying horse had me in bits! Called him "Wilson" because he looked like an American Football albeit a deflated one now.
    Really enjoyed Chapter 6 after my hot and cold earlier Chapters. The writing and character development are better than a lot of TV serieseseseses. Thought Rain Falls voice acting was superb too.
  • ChiefGB 3 Dec 2018 10:13:39 9,772 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Finding the online a bit naff, Iím playing on my own which likely doesnít help but Iím also loathed to do too much as starting you in the end game locations is just dumb to me and spoils the impact of these locations in the main game (although itís a fairly plain area so far). Thankfully I havenít come across the gank squads yet but itís just missing a lot of the charm of the main game in the free roam setting. The prospect of death match etc with this engine doesnít really float my boat either. Maybe I just need to bite the bullet and play through the online story missions.
  • DUFFMAN5 3 Dec 2018 10:49:08 23,792 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @ChiefGB
    I have spent a few hours online and I find doing the story/stranger missions to be the most fun. Have done a few missions with randoms that were good.
    As for the pvp stuff, not a big fan. I had expected to play this for months* to come, not so sure now.

I did try and join up with EGer Welshben (Xbox) but I ended up spectating for an age, so just quit and went into "posse" mode.

Not a problem though, I'm a few missions into chapter 4 (50 hours played) and I have had more than my monies worth, so everything else is mustard.

*actually that is not a bad thing. I have loads of games I have not even started yet!
  • vanDevious 3 Dec 2018 11:08:19 338 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Played online for a good few hours yesterday (probably 4 hours). Made $84 and .74 of a gold bar. I'm so thankful the contempt Rockstar have for their online players hasn't spilled over into single player (yet) not great.

Will probably dust off the 'missions' and leave it until/if it becomes less awful in terms of rewards.
  • DUFFMAN5 3 Dec 2018 11:16:13 23,792 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @vanDevious
    Totally agree especially re the Gold bar, fecking pathetic.
  • magicpanda 3 Dec 2018 12:10:59 14,820 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Played a fair bit of online over the weekend, I've done a complete u-turn and love it. So much potential here for something special over time, they've clearly got a lot lined up with houses and ranches etc.

PVP takes a while to click coming from single player and learning maps and game flow takes time, money really isn't too much of an issue with hunting and fishing. Do some camps using the map in the other thread for treasure maps. You get a decent number of treasure maps when ranking up and some of the awards give you maps.

I have a Schofield, Lancaster, Bow, Bolt Action all with upgraded accuracy, a decent hair cut and some nicer clothes. Shame about the hats though, they are all shit.

I used my first gold bar at rank 16 to buy a river lure to go with my fishing rod. Find the right spot and you can catch Salmon for $4.50 a go and hold 10 in your bag. Takes about 15 mins to catch all 10 at evening or morning.

You can get a decent amount for 3 star carcasses as well.

I saw a couple of chaps online had hijacked a wagon and filled it fill of deer.
  • welshben1982 3 Dec 2018 15:58:19 1,265 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 Ah sorry about that DUFF! Was that the mission I was doing with a random where we had to capture & hogtie a prisoner before taking him back to the lawmen?

What a grind that was! First of all two people left straight away so it left us with only 2 people & then our Horses wouldn't spawn so we had to fight through the gang and walk back to the law!
  • DUFFMAN5 3 Dec 2018 16:10:15 23,792 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @welshben1982
    :) I did watch you for a bit, some fancy shootin' tex 👍.
    I'm sure we will get some games sometime soon.
    I think I will concentrate more on sp for the time being.
  • hedben2013 3 Dec 2018 16:54:36 853 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    ...Iím also loathed to do too much as starting you in the end game locations is just dumb to me and spoils the impact of these locations in the main game (although itís a fairly plain area so far).
    I was thinking about this right after I created my character and went "where the hell is this?", but yeah to be fair it's a neat way of telling players who are still early in the single player that they might be spoiling it for themselves, without actually spoiling anything plot-wise.

I'm trying to get further in the single player before going back to online, but it's becoming a bit of a slog.
  • Rodderz 3 Dec 2018 19:17:04 3,472 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ERG1008 wrote:
    minky-kong wrote:
    Finished Chapter 6 last night, wish I was warned not to take my best horse into the last few missions. Good Night Sweet Buell :(

Oh, and poor Arthur too.
    Did this last night and the bit where Arthur says "Thank you" to the dying horse had me in bits! Called him "Wilson" because he looked like an American Football albeit a deflated one now.
    Really enjoyed Chapter 6 after my hot and cold earlier Chapters. The writing and character development are better than a lot of TV serieseseseses. Thought Rain Falls voice acting was superb too.
    I finished Chapter 6 last night too. Damn that was a pretty intense last few missions. I'd already geared up for Arthur coming to the end of his life given the advancement of his illness, but as above wasn't quite prepared for the horse though :( goodbye Gonzo. Thankfully I still have Hamish's Buell in the stables though, so I hope you know who can access him!

Damn that Micah, he was a poisonous snake and a snitch throughout. Granted it was well broadcast that he was a bad dude and he was fairly one dimensional but his betrayal still didn't make it any easier, especially given how much Arthur had changed as a character. Looking forward to filling in the gaps with Marston's story now

Edited by Rodderz at 19:18:34 03-12-2018
  • ChiefGB 3 Dec 2018 20:43:24 9,772 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hit chapter 5 earlier, getting there but thereís a lot of game here must be around 100 hours by now lol.
  • HarryPalmer 4 Dec 2018 10:41:03 5,663 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I spent the last two weeks looking for a perfect raccoon. I did nothing else except eat, sleep and shave. Finally found a raccoon-heavy spot: Horseshoe Overlook. Spent a few days there killing every raccoon. Got a perfect one on my fifth attempt.

I now have the Legend of the East Satchel, which should be useful. I feel like a piece of my soul has been taken from me though, so not sure it was worth it. Looking forward to getting back to the actual story now.
  • DUFFMAN5 4 Dec 2018 10:45:48 23,792 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Just got to chapter 5, it does have a somewhat "Mexico" feel to it...I really hope not.

End of chapter 4 was epic :)
  • minky-kong 4 Dec 2018 11:06:33 14,055 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Just got to chapter 5, it does have a somewhat "Mexico" feel to it...I really hope not.
    It doesn't go on for anywhere near as long as Mexico did, thank fuck!
  • hedben2013 4 Dec 2018 12:09:55 853 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @HarryPalmer I know this won't help you after-the-fact, but I was planning to grind for the legendary satchel in my next few evenings, and learned a few things I didn't already know while looking for tips:

1) There's a trinket you can get from the legendary buck that improves your chance of getting a pristine pelt
    2) Once you've studied an animal you can see if it's pristine before you shoot it- one, 2 or 3 stars in binocular view
    3) You can lasoo anything not classed as "small" and knife-kill for perfect pelts every time
  • HarryPalmer 4 Dec 2018 13:14:01 5,663 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @hedben2013 - cheers, yeah I know all that - I had the trinket, I just wasn't finding any Raccoons. When I did eventually find a spot I just indiscriminately killed every one I found regardless of quality.
  • HarryPalmer 4 Dec 2018 13:17:21 5,663 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Oh and good luck btw. I'm glad I did it, I found some cool stuff along the way. But Raccoons fucked me big time.

I thought the badger was supposed to be hard to find but they kept popping up everywhere.
  • hedben2013 4 Dec 2018 13:17:35 853 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @HarryPalmer Great, you mean I can follow all that stuff that made it sound easy and *still* spend days chasing a thing that makes collecting virtual guff a tiny bit less repetitive??

Man, this stupid, amazing, beautiful game sure can be stupid
  • hedben2013 4 Dec 2018 13:19:30 853 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm not even in Panther territory yet, so if I start the collect-a-thon I won't be finishing it anytime soon... but yeah, I'm sure it will be fun getting even more sidetracked while sidetracking from the main story
  • HarryPalmer 4 Dec 2018 13:28:04 5,663 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    This was the ultimate side-track for me. Thought I'd be able to do it in a couple of sessions, but no. I got a bit lucky with the cougar as I saw it chasing something and then lost it, only to fall upon it a few minutes later whilst it was busy mauling an NPC. The panther probably took me an hour or so of circling the same patch of woodland whilst being chased by boars- fun!

I don't mean to harp on about it but I probably spent 5 hours+ trying to find a raccoon over multiple days. If raccoons appear for you (like they should, they are supposedly common) then you're gucci. Everything else was easy peasy.

Now to fill up my satchel with hair pomade.

Edited by HarryPalmer at 13:32:22 04-12-2018

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.