Red Dead Redemption 2 Page 152

• cowell 20 Mar 2019 23:20:02 1,922 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    From memory chapter 5 and 6 are similar length and the epilogue is maybe another 10 hours. Itís loooooooong
  • Dombat 21 Mar 2019 07:20:48 1,585 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Iím several missions into chapter 6 and hoping to finish it tonight. The epilogue will have to wait post-Sekiro.
  • super_whiskey 21 Mar 2019 18:54:42 301 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Thanks.

Hoping to power through chapter 6 tomorrow and then the epilogue next weekend.

The world is amazing but the negatives far outweigh the positives. I just want to get it done.
  • super_whiskey 23 Mar 2019 22:18:30 301 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Finally finished chapter 6.

Nearly there!
  • super_whiskey 30 Mar 2019 13:40:50 301 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've just built the ranch in the epilogue and I think I might have to uninstall the game as it feels like I'm forcing my way through it and not actually enjoying it. From what I've read of the last few missions, there isn't much that you probably couldn't guess by this point anyway.
  • welshben1982 3 Apr 2019 12:06:32 1,290 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    rossgellen00 wrote:
    manavsharma wrote:
    tbh i think the game is okay its not even that great. its too hyped lmao nox player 6
    Thanks for share.
    Spambots replying to each other?! :eek: :lol:
  • wuntyphyve 3 Apr 2019 12:13:37 12,341 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    They've reached self-awareness. We're fucked.
  • Roddy100 29 Apr 2019 19:52:57 1,014 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I just received Red Dead 2 in the post after ordering it on April 9th and the War Horse DLC code expired three days ago. Grrr.
    Did I miss out on a decent horse?

Edited by Roddy100 at 19:53:35 29-04-2019
  • Toaster05 29 Apr 2019 21:52:17 2,155 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Roddy100 wrote:
    I just received Red Dead 2 in the post after ordering it on April 9th and the War Horse DLC code expired three days ago. Grrr.
    I very much doubt it. I played through with maybe two horses total. Didn't really feel the need to swap as the stat changes never felt massively significant.
  • Bichii 29 Apr 2019 22:09:15 1,805 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Roddy100 wrote:
    Twenty day delivery!?. Must have been Amazon super saver.
  • Roddy100 30 Apr 2019 06:26:08 1,014 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Bichii I live in NZ and ordered from the UK as it was substantially cheaper than buying it here. It was standard post and I guess Easter may have slowed it down.

Edited by Roddy100 at 06:35:05 30-04-2019
  • Roddy100 30 Apr 2019 06:36:57 1,014 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Toaster05 Thanks for that! Glad I'm not missing out on anything amazing.
  • DUFFMAN5 30 Apr 2019 06:38:55 24,620 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    So is the multiplayer still shite/huge grindfest ? I have not touched in months. I loved mp in the original (well second) RD.

As much as I enjoyed RDR2 I think it is one of my bigest "fuck ups" re buying a game. I bought the £80 version digital as I simply had to have day one...I really didn't and it still annoys me that I paid so much, not really sure why though!
  • deez 30 Apr 2019 08:16:41 275 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Roddy100 I had that DLC and not sure I ever came across the special horse I was supposed to get. Horses are pretty much entirely interchangeable so never bothered trying to find it.
  • Roddy100 30 Apr 2019 10:08:25 1,014 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @deez Thank you, that's good to know. It's a shame they don't keep the codes valid for longer!

Oh well. Enjoying the game so far. :)
  • superdelphinus 3 May 2019 08:25:52 10,057 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    cowell wrote:
    From memory chapter 5 and 6 are similar length and the epilogue is maybe another 10 hours. Itís loooooooong
    I actually canít believe how long it is. I got it at launch and have been playing it pretty solidly ever since. Iíve just got to the epilogue...

What an absolutely incredible game though. My opinion is that itís the best game ever created all round. All the basic stuff is great - like the story, the acting, the graphics (which are incredible at times) the mechanics (mainly) but itís the sheer depth of the incidental details and the way the world feels so real that blows my mind. One of the reasons Iíve taken so long is that I very rarely get straight to a mission marker because something else happens, or I find some special animals and spend about a week just hunting.

Also, the way the epilogue is done is fantastc, and very clever (unless I was doing something wrong in the main game and could have survived in the blackwater area if Iíd done something differently). It was a complete surprise for me

I think I will definitely have a bit of a downer when I finally stop playing it, Iíve been in that world for so long.
  • FrostPan 5 May 2019 11:55:43 1,607 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Despite that I was adamant on not getting this (let's forget that thread I made a while back) I did actually cave in, and I finally completed this recently.

I loved the game. But there were some missions I got really annoyed that ended up mission failure, as the game forces you to do a certain objective in its own way vs how you want to do it. I think I had the same issue with GTA5 back then, but with RDR2 it certainly was prevalent here. Not game breaking though; minor gripe.

This is a good (amusing) video that covers the linearity mission game design issue (that has also plagued in GTA games since) more in detail. Forgive the somewhat sensationalist title, he does actually love the game overall.
    I wouldn't recommend watching the video if you haven't completed the game yet. And you certainly shouldn't if you have not, because I know Youtube loves to spoil things by giving you related videos when you watch something related.

It would be great in future R* titles that they give you freedom on how to tackle missions, but I doubtful they will since hardly anyone took a issue with it on RDR2.

Other than that and the action button to get on the horse is same as grappling someone, which resulted in me getting in trouble multiple times, and there weren't any outstanding missions that I remember apart from the very last mission, the game is pretty great. Story, characters (especially Arthur), music, the open world - all top stuff.

I would say it's their best game to date. I did try a bit of RDR Online, and yeah, going to be a long while until this gets good.

Edited by FrostPan at 12:01:55 05-05-2019
  • superdelphinus 15 May 2019 08:15:26 10,057 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Roddy100 wrote:
    Just go and catch the white Arabian in the north west point of the map near the lake.
  • Roddy100 15 May 2019 22:10:24 1,014 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @superdelphinus Thank you! :)
  • robc84 29 May 2019 11:55:17 13,604 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just getting back into this after taking a break to play Sekiro (which I am now taking a break from :) )

I think I'm nearing the end of chapter 3 (Grays vs Braithwaites). Just done the Valentine bank robbery so am loaded, even after upgrading everything in camp!

I've heard the hunting is fun, but I haven't really done much of it save for a few deers / rabbits to take back to Pearson. I see I need various perfect pelts for things and there are various challenges, but I don't really know where to start.

Am I better off just pursuing the story for a while and coming back the hunting a bit later? Or is it just a bit of a pain in the arse that is better off ignored?
  • deez 29 May 2019 12:08:14 275 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ignore it entirely if you don't have the inclination to bother, there's no valuable reason to do so.
  • wuntyphyve 29 May 2019 12:10:18 12,341 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @robc84 I don't think I bothered to hunt once. Didn't really float my boat. In fact I just did the story missions all the way through. Plenty there to satisfy me.
  • robc84 29 May 2019 12:10:58 13,604 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's not so much the inclination, but it seems like a big part of the game and thought I may be missing out on stuff.

I think I'll just proceed with the story for a while and see how I feel.
  • robc84 29 May 2019 12:11:29 13,604 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @wuntyphyve

Did you do the legendary animals?
  • X201 29 May 2019 12:16:29 19,249 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The hunting will force you out and about more and cause you to experience more of the random encounters and the stuff that Rockstar have hidden in the landscape.
  • wuntyphyve 29 May 2019 12:22:44 12,341 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    @wuntyphyve

Did you do the legendary animals?
    I did the square root of fuck all. Apart from that bear one early on with Hosea. I didn't buy this game to hunt animals. I bought it to shoot cowboys in the head.

Trust me. There's a LOT of game regardless of if you hunt or not. I completely finished it the other night and there are huge big blank areas on my map. I'll pick it up and go back to explore at some point, but I've seen sooo much awesome through just playing it that I'm more than satisfied already.

Edited by wuntyphyve at 12:24:09 29-05-2019

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.