Following Red Dead Redemption 2 Page 154

Next Last
  • Bichii 28 Jul 2019 12:38:16 1,924 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    superdelphinus wrote:
    This game ruined asscreed odyssey for me
    Yeah Witcher and this ruins all other open world games just like dark souls ruins all other games.
  • DUFFMAN5 28 Jul 2019 12:59:45 24,974 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    It is a shame that I so rarely replay a campaign much like I rarely re-watch a film, no matter how much I love both.
    Although the strong rumours of story dlc might make me revisit. It was a great game, not perfect but what is other than Pink Floyd and Soundgarden ;)

In answer to the multiplayer side, still very average, far better experiences to have online.
  • Max_Powers 4 Aug 2019 18:48:59 1,250 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Just finished this. Loved it. Athur Morgan's character development was really well done.

This and The Witcher 3 are the only open world games I like. Tried some of those newer AC games but they're not a patch on this.
  • ThatAJ 13 Aug 2019 09:07:15 3 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    True that. Never got a grasp on the Witcher, guess I'll go and give it another shot soon.

Also sorry for not letting this thread rest after almost four years.
  • X201 13 Aug 2019 16:03:13 19,410 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I'm tackling the challenges.
    They're a massive grind, but a nice reason to keep doing stuff in the game after the main story.
  • eleven63 14 Sep 2019 18:24:47 2,543 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Just started playing this, to say it's a tad overwhelming is huge understatement!

I know there are a load of "beginners guides" online.

I'm a couple of hours into chapter 2, mainly side missions.

But, you experts, what is your top starter tip? I'm happy to wander around. But anything which is obvious?

Edited by eleven63 at 18:25:30 14-09-2019
  • magicpanda 14 Sep 2019 19:37:52 14,880 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Online has had a massive boost in the arm with the 3 new jobs and loads of Qol updates. Really loving being back in the world.
  • mad_caddy 14 Sep 2019 19:39:05 3,696 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I would stick to the basic story to start with, don't try and do too much, get used to the controls and general traveling around.

You can't really go wrong, the game does teach you a lot of the 'rules' as you go, as and when you need.

There's a burnt out building or two not far from camp, go and search the entire building area and see if you can find anything of use in there.
  • X201 14 Sep 2019 22:01:26 19,410 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The advice depends on what kind of game player you are.

Are you a completionist that gets cheesed off at missing something minor that you canít go back to?
  • askew 14 Sep 2019 22:52:29 19,958 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    mad_caddy wrote:
    I would stick to the basic story to start with, don't try and do too much, get used to the controls and general traveling around.

You can't really go wrong, the game does teach you a lot of the 'rules' as you go, as and when you need.

There's a burnt out building or two not far from camp, go and search the entire building area and see if you can find anything of use in there.
    Gah. Now youíve got me wondering what I missedÖ

Are those the ones down by the river?
  • Zerobob 14 Sep 2019 23:45:30 2,260 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    eleven63 wrote:
    Just started playing this, to say it's a tad overwhelming is huge understatement!

I know there are a load of "beginners guides" online.

I'm a couple of hours into chapter 2, mainly side missions.

But, you experts, what is your top starter tip? I'm happy to wander around. But anything which is obvious?
    If I could go back in time and tell myself about the game, I'd have two tips. First, concentrate mainly (but not exclusively) on the main story missions, because certain things become available by doing this.

Second, I'd recommend not placing too much emphasis on loot later in the game. Once you've got the guns / outfits / camp upgrades that you want don't spend too much time looting bodies etc.

I felt overwhelmed too for quite a long time at the start. Not because I couldn't get to grips with the game's systems, but because I didn't know what I should really be concentrating on, and what's important.
  • eleven63 15 Sep 2019 02:16:21 2,543 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Thanks guys. I'm no completionist. But like to get the best out of the game.

I'll happily bumble along.
  • greg_wha 15 Sep 2019 07:24:40 1,345 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Donít waste a cent on upgrading or donating (too much) to camp. Be greedy.
  • DUFFMAN5 15 Sep 2019 08:45:06 24,974 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @greg_wha
    Unless they are a cheveo/Trophy Whore, there is one of two based around Camps I think ?
  • Toaster05 15 Sep 2019 10:37:08 2,216 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I just spread my time out. Once I felt I was doing too much on the main storyline I'd double down on hunting and fishing. Exploring the map is fun as there are no real restrictions bar going to Blackwater.

The game is very linear so you can't really go wrong.
  • hedben2013 14 Oct 2019 09:30:52 1,212 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    hedben2013 wrote:
    I bounced off GTA Online when I'd exhausted the mission opportunities, bought exactly one house, one garage and one car, and realised it was high effort diminishing returns to get much of anything else. Came back to it in the past 6 months and I've been having a blast with it, while they've been massively more generous with one-time cash bonuses and increased earnings.

I'm expecting Red Dead Online to follow the same path... grindy and empty at first, then more generous with more content a bit later on, when it slumps and they have to incentivise people to come back to it.
    Just popping back in to say I've fallen hard for RDR Online- the new Collector, Bounty Hunter and Trader roles are great fun.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.