Playstation 4 Pro Page 174

• Monstuh88 23 Aug 2018 09:49:13 6 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I'm sure when ps5 finally drops that it will live up to its hype, Sony usually performs well and doesnít disappoint when coming out with new consoles(atleast not in my opinion). I'm just dreading the hearty price tag
  • challenge_hanukkah 23 Aug 2018 11:26:02 11,114 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just buy two ps4 pros and tape them together.

It'll work out cheaper
  • Zero_g 23 Aug 2018 16:20:33 313 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I dunno, tape can be expensive!
  • emilyidk 23 Aug 2018 18:09:52 13 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Is PS4 really worth it? I want aa console but I don't know which console to get now :( and games costs a lot nowadays :(
  • Graxlar_v3 23 Aug 2018 18:40:04 7,617 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @emilyidk if you are worried about games costing a lot you should get an Xbox one S and gamepass. £7.99 a month and you will get more games then you could ever play
  • bladdard 23 Aug 2018 18:42:56 1,381 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    emilyidk wrote:
    Is PS4 really worth it? I want aa console but I don't know which console to get now :( and games costs a lot nowadays :(
    Nope the PS4 isnít worth it, it suffers the same fate as the PS3, it only plays multiplats and Sony exclusives, no Nintendo or Microsoft exclusives here so Iíd forget it and wait for a console that can do the lot.
  • Armoured_Bear 23 Aug 2018 23:24:00 27,324 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I was really keen on the Blue LE so emailed the best retailer in Switzerland several times and googled and searched on their search engine daily to no avail.
    Tonight I find out that it's there and already sold out, still doesn't appear in their search engine. Someone posted on a forum a link to buy it five days before their useless bastard customer service reps were telling me that it would appear on the website later but couldn't tell me when.

It's only a console but that really pisses me off, incompetent fucks.
  • emilyidk 24 Aug 2018 17:55:31 13 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Graxlar_v3 you're right i'll think about this
  • BigOrkWaaagh 24 Aug 2018 23:29:57 8,827 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    MS are tried that with the 360. It didn't work out.
  • RawShark 28 Aug 2018 14:48:44 727 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I fired The Witcher 3 back up recently so I could get into the DLC packs. Two problems, first it seems I've completely forgotten everything about the game's intricate little doodads. I have about fifty oils and potions from my first playthrough and cannot for the life of me remember what any of them do.

The other is that the various 4K and HDR patches that came this year mean the fan is whistling like a teapot and its driving me mad. I'm really tempted just to sell the Pro for a later model just so it might shut the fuck up.

It's weird considering Uncharted: The Lost Legacy looks like a dream and doesn't make anywhere near as much noise. Open world issues I guess.
  • XtraCheese 28 Aug 2018 16:58:10 133 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @RawShark

yeah my pro ruined the witcher 3 experience for me. Can't hear the fucking game beyond the churning fans in the pro.

Tempted to cop a white one with supposedly the new fans later this year when the likes of red dead 2 comes out as I'm not prepared to endure those decibels throughout the entire game.
  • ChiefGB 28 Aug 2018 22:08:38 11,303 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think ps4s also get louder with age, my pro sounds like it's having a fit these days when it starts up if it has a disc in it.
  • KillaKomtts 28 Aug 2018 22:43:43 7 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I was actually going to buy the ps4 pro about a month ago, mind you I already own a regular playstation.gaming but I like to try and stay on top of the latest when it comes to gaming especially when it comes to playstation. But, I ththink it might be best to save that money that I was going to invest on the pro, and just await the ps5.
  • Dombat 28 Aug 2018 22:45:24 1,628 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FuzzyDucky wrote:
    I've my Witcher install parked at just before the Pro patch, been tempted to install it on the B-chassis but feel like I'd be tempting fate.

Next gen really needs better cooling. Maybe don't jam everything into a tiny box next time? The original One is only marginally bigger and made not a peep.
    Well a lot of people complained about how big the original Xbox One is. Personally I don't give a fuck, I'd rather have a quiet console.
  • Armoured_Bear 28 Aug 2018 23:49:12 27,324 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dombat wrote:
    FuzzyDucky wrote:
    I've my Witcher install parked at just before the Pro patch, been tempted to install it on the B-chassis but feel like I'd be tempting fate.

Next gen really needs better cooling. Maybe don't jam everything into a tiny box next time? The original One is only marginally bigger and made not a peep.
    Well a lot of people complained about how big the original Xbox One is. Personally I don't give a fuck, I'd rather have a quiet console.
    This
  • Geekfest84 7 Sep 2018 09:55:26 3 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've just been considering this whole noise thing, it's doing my head in. I started another thread about *my apologies* but I'm debating whether or not to buy a decent pair of headphones/headset or just buy an xbox one x for the multiplats

Ian
  • challenge_hanukkah 7 Sep 2018 09:56:21 11,114 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Get a PC.

They're always quiet.
  • dominalien 7 Sep 2018 10:31:33 9,233 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    kaptain-kaz wrote:
    @Monstuh88 wheres the best place to get reliable info about the ps5?
    Sony
  • Deleted user 9 September 2018 18:56:37
    Has anyone tried the ps4 remote play app on a pc/laptop. Just set it up on mine and it's terrible in terms of connection drops. Xbox one remote play works great. Just wondered if there was any alternative?
  • Nitrous 10 Sep 2018 23:58:51 1,815 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Question for people coming from an early base PS4 to a recent Pro or just getting new DS4's

Has the controller changed much? A seemingly common problem with the original was broken R2 triggers and I'm just wondering if that's less of an issue now? Getting sick of buying and fixing replacement parts because the hinge snaps inside.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.