Playstation 4 Pro Page 175

• udat 11 Sep 2018 14:14:24 572 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    One of the things that kept me away from Playstation for years is that I've never liked the Dual Shock controller, since way back on the PS1.

Are there any reasonable 3rd party controllers that are similar to the Nintendo Pro controller/Xbox S controller?

Although having said that, the controller that came with my PS4 Pro is better than I remember Dual Shocks being.
  • chessboxer 11 Sep 2018 14:41:17 336 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    udat wrote:
    One of the things that kept me away from Playstation for years is that I've never liked the Dual Shock controller, since way back on the PS1.

Are there any reasonable 3rd party controllers that are similar to the Nintendo Pro controller/Xbox S controller?

Although having said that, the controller that came with my PS4 Pro is better than I remember Dual Shocks being.
    You could try the Scuf Impact as they have a similar shape to the Xbox/Nintendo Pro controllers but keep the symmetrical thumbstick placement to go with your (presumably) symmetrical hands: https://scufgaming.com/uk/playstation-4-impact-gaming-controllers.
  • Nitrous 11 Sep 2018 15:04:47 1,799 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well following my previous post I did a bit of searching and came across these but in black.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ZedLabz-aluminum-shoulder-controllers-generation/dp/B01LQPTNEG

Being metal I'd hope they last longer than the plastic.
  • smemma 11 Sep 2018 15:09:16 681 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @udat This is your friend: Brook Super Converter

Admittedly it means you have to go wired, but it lets you use an Xbox One controller on PS4. I've been using it for about a year and it hasn't skipped a beat, and I got this after trying and subsequently ditching the Nacon Revolution and the Scuf Impact.
  • udat 11 Sep 2018 15:18:14 572 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Thanks guys.

Those Scuf controllers look nice, but it's the D-pad and the symmetric layout I am having trouble with, and they retain those features! :p

The Brook Super Converter is tempting, but pricey. I do have a wired xbox 360 controller though, so that could be a solution if I don't get used to the DS4.
  • chessboxer 12 Sep 2018 14:41:49 336 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    smemma wrote:
    @udat This is your friend: Brook Super Converter

Admittedly it means you have to go wired, but it lets you use an Xbox One controller on PS4. I've been using it for about a year and it hasn't skipped a beat, and I got this after trying and subsequently ditching the Nacon Revolution and the Scuf Impact.
    Some of those adapters are used to cheat in PS4s games. Really pisses me off. I wish Sony could brick those machines or ban the accounts using them.
  • smemma 12 Sep 2018 15:07:39 681 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @chessboxer The Brook isn't to my knowledge - it literally just converts. No macros or rapid fires on it - that's stuff like the CronusMax, which is both shit and cheaty piece of shit. I did have one temporarily and couldn't believe the cheaty nonsense they let you download on them from the official site. Did I mention it's also shit?!
  • Rivuzu 12 Sep 2018 15:28:48 18,171 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Brook's are often used in the FGC to allow people to use different controllers for the tournament machine. They're 100% valid and not classed as cheating, so I don't know where that response comes from.
  • chessboxer 13 Sep 2018 12:55:29 336 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I hadn't heard of the Brook converter but I am well aware of CronusMax and the amount of cheaters I have come across in games like BF4 where it's obvious people are using scripts to modify the rate of fire of certain guns or to automatically crouch when they fire.
  • AaronTurner 21 Sep 2018 18:50:47 10,991 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    My kid has worked out how to use the PS4 disc drive. Next thing I know he's trying to stuff buttery toast into the drive. Let's see how long this thing lasts...
  • alfielewis 2 Oct 2018 01:52:02 1 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Hello everyone. I have had An ps4 pro 7116 and sold it 3 months ago and now wanna turn back to ps again. Is it possible Sony would make 7200 or 8000,9000 series etc such as ps4 pro slim or more quiter version of 7116 series?
  • Rodderz 2 Oct 2018 16:38:07 3,951 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Managed to buy a new condition, second-hand PS4 Pro for Ä300 this week. It's a 7116b model with Fortnite advertising on the box so should be manufactured in 2018. It'll be arriving in a couple of days and looking forward to having the extra grunt for games like Red Dead 2 and Resi 2. I'm going to attempt to get a 4k TV during Black Friday next month as well...

Anyway, can someone help with a quick bit of info regarding transferring data from my old PS4 to the Pro. I'm going to use an ethernet cable to transfer the data, but want to know if this will transfer all my PS accounts over. I have my main UK account but also an additional Canadian account I use on the same machine for the occasional purchase of cheap North American PS games. Do I need to do anything special in that regard before commencing the transfer?

Once the transfer is complete, will I need to "deactivate" my accounts on the old PS4, before a HD wipe to get it ready for sale, or will a wipe (initialisation?) automatically do that for me?

Edited by Rodderz at 16:38:34 02-10-2018
  • Gazza 3 Oct 2018 18:57:30 45 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @FuzzyDucky was just about to post this, will be interesting to see if this sorts the noise issue out. fingers crossed because I want one.
  • Gazza 3 Oct 2018 18:57:30 45 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Gazza 3 Oct 2018 18:57:31 45 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Post deleted
  • miseryguts 4 Oct 2018 13:21:03 246 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Any other folk here worried about how well (if) their Pro is going to cope with Red Dead Redemption 2?

I inherited what I believe is a first model Pro & it's fine with most of the indie stuff but anything bigger/more recent.. Doom, The Wolfenstein's, Uncharted's, Tomb Raider's, Horizon ZD, God Of War etc & it makes a horrendous fan racket whilst getting VERY warm indeed so much so that I tend not to play for very long when it does. It's not crashed yet but I'm feeling it's an inevitability at this rate. I've looked on various forums and seen countless YouTube videos of others in a similar position, I regularly clean, it's in a very well ventilated area, have tried various stands, external fans, laptop fan cooling pad, leaving the lid off but nothing has made any difference for me. Based on what I'm reading and seeing of Read Dead I ain't sure my box is up to the task.. anyone else?

Edited by miseryguts at 14:31:25 04-10-2018
  • Mr_Writer85 4 Oct 2018 22:49:41 8 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just seen someone retweet this on a tweet re the Kotaku PSN name change article.

https://thelootgaming.com/exclusive-sony-planning-on-introducing-cross-play-name-changes-and-ps-now-downloads-this-fiscal-year/

Possibly 3 for 3 interesting.

https://kotaku.com/game-developers-say-theyre-preparing-for-psn-name-chang-1829521254?utm_medium=Socialflow

Edited by Mr_Writer85 at 22:50:22 04-10-2018
  • mothercruncher 5 Oct 2018 07:49:28 16,273 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    FannySmasher2000 here I come.
  • Dazimus 6 Oct 2018 12:31:28 846 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Debating swapping my PS4 Pro for an X. Iíve already finished Spiderman, God Of War, Detroit, so thereís no exclusives out that I want to play. I donít play online so not fussed on staying where my friends are.

However a quieter system, better graphical quality, backwards compatibility and Gamepass are interesting me.

I could pretty much sell my Pro and get an X for the same price.

Am I crazy considering it?
  • Rodderz 9 Oct 2018 13:10:44 3,951 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Received my Pro last week and got it set up over the weekend (7116b model). I was able to transfer both my accounts across during the process and both were set to Primary on the new machine and deactivated in the old PS4, so that wasn't too much hassle. Took around 3 hours to transfer approx. 480gb of data using a direct ethernet cable connection between my old PS4 and the Pro.

I'm liking the Pro so far and I'm surprised how quiet it is compared to my launch PS4, which wasn't ever overly loud anyway (until I played Doom that was :)) but this is quiet. I opened the top lid before setting it up to check which fan it had and it was the quieter Nidec fan ('Delta' fans are the louder ones in the Pro and more common in 70XX models).

On that above point, if you want to check your own fan to see which make it is, if it has 8 rectangular 'notches' in a circle around the fan casing it's a Nidec, if there are 12 notches it's a Delta. Here's a pic illustrating the identifiable difference - Nidec on the left, Delta on the right: https://i.imgur.com/wBjolbo.jpg
  • atothewest 9 Oct 2018 16:08:32 1,000 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dazimus wrote:
    Debating swapping my PS4 Pro for an X. Iíve already finished Spiderman, God Of War, Detroit, so thereís no exclusives out that I want to play. I donít play online so not fussed on staying where my friends are.

However a quieter system, better graphical quality, backwards compatibility and Gamepass are interesting me.

Others may fiercely disagree, but I don't think it's crazy to consider at all.

I recently bought an X for pretty much the reasons you mentioned (minus graphics quality as there's not much in it really). Game Pass in particular was a big draw. I've been super impressed with the build quality of the machine tbh, it's absolutely whisper silent where my Pro sounds like it's about to explode whenever I use it.

Sony exclusives are a big draw but beyond that I'd be recommending the X all the way to new buyers.
  • kadooosh 24 Oct 2018 10:36:02 3,220 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Has anyone changed their ps4 profile name yet? Any issues?
  • Armoured_Bear 24 Oct 2018 12:14:30 26,890 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dazimus wrote:

All depends on future PS4 exclusives and how much they appeal.
    For 3rd party stuff, the One X is clearly the better machine.
  • IJ 24 Oct 2018 19:36:20 984 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Just ordered a PS4 Pro Red Dead bundle. It come with a new CUH-72xx model. Hoping itís even quieter!

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.