Playstation 4 Pro Page 179

• AceGrace 15 Sep 2019 18:51:38 3,193 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    Astroneer is now announced for PS4, releasing in Nov. Ashen is also out on Dec 4th.
    Seems like Xbox is losing a lot of the more interesting non-1st party exclusives they had.
    I couldn't get on with it. The constant moving around the umbilical got on my nerves.
  • shuffles 27 Sep 2019 19:46:14 290 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Does anyone know if the Death Stranding PS4 Pro console is coming to Europe. Based in Spain and can't see anything online - just US & Canada
  • MadCaddy13 27 Sep 2019 23:53:15 3,065 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Itís available to preorder in the UK through GAME
  • MadCaddy13 27 Sep 2019 23:53:45 3,065 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I would love to get one but just canít justify it
  • racing_fan 16 Oct 2019 03:25:48 202 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    I finally took the plunge and bought a Pro last week, with God of War, Black Ops 4 and a month's PS Plus.

Mainly bought it for Shenmue 3 soon and Final Fantasy VII Remastered next year, but also looking to play the exclusives that I've missed out on, like Uncharted 4 and Last of Us.

Any tips or anything I should check out first? On the PS3 I really dig arcade games like Dead Nation, Super Stardust and Afterburner, what's good in that regard on PS4?
  • pacrifice 16 Oct 2019 09:16:36 5,164 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Dishonoured definitive
    Dishonoured 2
    Dishonoured death of outsider
    Deus ex mankind divided
    Assassin's creed black flag
    Ass creed rogue
    Mgs v (you might as well)
    Division 1 and 2
    Resident evil 7
    Outlast trinity
    Life is strange complete season 1
    Dmc 4 se
    ultimate marvel Vs capcom 3
    Horizon zero dawn
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Ghost recon Wildlands
    Evil within (you might as well get the sequel though it's pants)
    Far cry 4
    Last of us remastered
    Hotline Miami
    Layers of fear
    Observer
    Resident evil 1 remake
    Metro redux
    Tomb raider definitive
    Tomb raider - rise of the
    Shadow of the tomb raider
    Ass creed unity
    Ass creed syndicate
    The wolf among us
    Nice automata (only if it's cheap)
    Watchdogs 1 (2 is meh)
    Valiant hearts
    Child of light

Some of these games have sequels like far cry 5 or dmc5... Don't bother with them.
  • Flying_Pig 16 Oct 2019 10:59:06 16,365 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @racing_fan I'd definitely recommend Resogun and there's a Super Stardust game on the PS4 too

Alienation is also meant to be pretty good.
  • chessboxer 16 Oct 2019 14:17:15 347 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition because it's fucking awesome and far more entertaining than GTA V (unless you're into the online element).

It regularly goes in sale on the PS store for around £3.99.
  • MrAGSystems 16 Oct 2019 16:12:22 323 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    @pacrifice I count one arcade-ish game in there fam.
  • mrpon 16 Oct 2019 16:17:12 35,647 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Any of the Sky Force games if you like vertical shooters.
  • racing_fan 16 Oct 2019 16:20:35 202 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Any of the Sky Force games if you like vertical shooters.
    Yes, I'm really into the Sky Force games, played them on Xb1 though.
  • racing_fan 16 Oct 2019 16:21:19 202 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    MrAGSystems wrote:
    Not many exclusives either lol.
  • racing_fan 16 Oct 2019 16:21:51 202 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    @racing_fan I'd definitely recommend Resogun and there's a Super Stardust game on the PS4 too

Alienation is also meant to be pretty good.
    Will check these, thanks F_P.
  • racing_fan 16 Oct 2019 16:25:25 202 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    chessboxer wrote:
    Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition because it's fucking awesome and far more entertaining than GTA V (unless you're into the online element).

It regularly goes in sale on the PS store for around £3.99.
    I agree it's fucking awesome, however I've already played it on the PS3 and played the Definitive Edition to death on the Xb1. Cracking game, love running around in the Ip Man robes and doing the martial arts club challenges. Proper good ass action sandbox game, fuck anyone who says different!
  • MrAGSystems 16 Oct 2019 16:28:40 323 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    @racing_fan Alienation is basically Dead Nation in a sci fi setting. Matterfall is a decent run'n'gun platformer, Nex Machina and Resogun are possibly the pinnacle of the twin stick genre. Hooray for Housemarque!

Geometry Wars 3 is highly recommended (and it has a tonne of content), also Polyibus (Jeff Minter lunacy), Jamestown+ (basically a labour of love by the Devs to release a vertical scrolling arcade shooter akin to something found on the Dreamcast), Assault Android Cactus (chibi robots with big guns go twinstick).

Then there's a bunch of oldies but goodies - Dariusburst Chronicles Saviours, Ikaruga and Rez Infinite (which is possibly the definitive version of thee game and fully playable in headtrip VR!).
  • racing_fan 16 Oct 2019 16:33:53 202 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    @MrAGSystems Cool mate, will work my way through those.

I must admit my only negative experience of the PS4 so far is that very very few of the games I had purchased or got with Plus on the PS3 era are available to me on the Store, basically just a few Vita games and Pinball FX tables. On the Xb1, all sorts of stuff purchased on the 360 is available for download.
  • MrAGSystems 16 Oct 2019 16:35:09 323 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    racing_fan wrote:
    MrAGSystems wrote:
    Also he's recommending DMC4 but not to go near DMC5... WTF.
  • MrAGSystems 16 Oct 2019 16:46:55 323 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    @racing_fan Yeah sadly there's no backwards compatibility between the PS3 and PS4 (the PS3's architecture is just too obtuse and complex to emulate on a PS4 and Sony had to break away from it with the PS4). Any games that pop up for you will be completely separate releases that had to get a dedicated PS4 conversion.

Other arcade style games available on PS4 that you may have already played elsewhere are Shadow Complex Remastered (this was my first time playing it and loved it), Bleed/Bleed 2 (they're super low budget but fuck me is the actual game play air-tight), Not a Hero (chuffin' Bunnylord 😁;) and if you enjoy arcade/non realistic racing games, Wipeout Omega Collection is the daddy-o.

Oh the PS2 version of the Metal Slug Anthology is there, frequently hits Ä5 in the sales (there's actually a surprising amount of old SNK games on the PS4, frequently for that price too).
  • pacrifice 16 Oct 2019 17:32:37 5,164 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    MrAGSystems wrote:
    racing_fan wrote:
    MrAGSystems wrote:
    Also he's recommending DMC4 but not to go near DMC5... WTF.
    Dmc4 special edition, Vergil>dmc5.

Besides, don't play super stardust type games on your PS4 pro, play some ninja assassins cyborg Dishonoured games in 4k.

☮️✌️🏳️🕊️ to each their own.
  • MrAGSystems 16 Oct 2019 19:00:56 323 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    @pacrifice The irony of course is most of the games you listed can't hit 4K but most of the arcade games can.

Well, I'm not hating on anything you've listed (I've played/completed/owned most of them), it's just the dude was asking for arcade game recommendations.

It's like if you ask for a drink recommendation and I say "the burger is excellent". The burger may be excellent, you may be already well aware of it and intending to purchase it too, but that doesn't answer your question.
  • pacrifice 16 Oct 2019 19:03:48 5,164 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @MrAGSystems I thought all games were upscaled to 4k?

Alright pal, I'll talk about drinks next time ;)
  • Deleted user 16 October 2019 19:10:24
    Dmc4 is crap compared to dmc5
  • pacrifice 16 Oct 2019 20:21:05 5,164 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Addy__

It's not man. Overall, dmc5 is the weaker game.

In my opinion.

The gameplay/combat is there but no turbo mode, no playable Vergil. I really do appreciate the combat but I don't go back to it. I play the other numbered games.

The story is, ok so they continue Nero's story and that sort've wraps up and the second half is Dante's - it should've been entirely Dante's game. It's interesting as we're now seeing the continuation after dmc3 and 1, the interactions between Dante and Vergil and they even touch on what happened in the past but it feels short. It ends and the whole game just feels like it's DMC 5 volume 1. It just, I mean, it seems like they actually were intending to put in some playable Trish and Lady with story and cutscenes. They make poignant efforts to point out how Lady feels about killing her evil dad. We could play from lady and Trish's perspective, it only adds to the story.

But what, what would we do but to keep running straight ahead, go around a little, forward a little more to the phone booth and then the boss? It's already repetitive and boring as it is but if we played as the women, we'd be doing the same. Of course, lucky us, Dante's trek is slightly different; run ahead, jump down a hole, boss.

Everything's sort've set in London and "Hell* is just ice everywhere, the level design is boring.

It's like they had a budget and concentrated more on the gameplay/combat and the level design was just blah.

I love dmc, I'm a fan but this game after something like 10 years is a disappointment.

No, I don't like V. I don't want to control animals by proxy.

They'll make a sequel, we'll have to wait till 2021/2 where they won't even give us turbo mode even then.

And dmc4se Vergil DMD/legendary dark mode, turbo on, all abilities maxed, >>>>all dmc5
  • MrAGSystems 16 Oct 2019 20:41:00 323 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    @pacrifice No definitely not. Most of the games you listed don't even get close. Ass Creed Unity runs at something like 900p. And even if the games were upscaled to 4K, that's still not 4K.

Checkerboard rendering works great on some games (the implementation and IQ of Horizon is frankly amazing), but it still ain't 4K.
  • MrAGSystems 16 Oct 2019 20:43:53 323 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    @pacrifice I mean, you're complaining about the level design being "meh" in DMC5 (and it does taper off in the second half of the game) but are citing DMC4 A.K.A. "Backtracking and Reusing Levels - The Game" as a better alternative?
  • pacrifice 16 Oct 2019 20:46:40 5,164 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @MrAGSystems I don't think it's better for that. But overall it's a better game. Once you play as Vergil, you won't care about backtracking. More the stylish killing.
  • pacrifice 16 Oct 2019 20:46:55 5,164 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @MrAGSystems k.

(Regarding the 900p games).

Edited by pacrifice at 22:04:22 16-10-2019
  • JamboWayOh 16 Oct 2019 20:48:40 16,042 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So spamming judgement cut over and over is 'stylish? OK...
  • pacrifice 16 Oct 2019 21:08:28 5,164 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @JamboWayOh

That's pretty insulting. I don't do that and there's no need to be snippy. We can agree to disagree.
  • dogmanstar_ 16 Oct 2019 21:23:04 1 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Pre-ordered the Death Stranding Pro yesterday. Better be quieter than my launch Pro which I swear is ready to take off.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.