Jon Hare's Sociable Soccer Page 3

  • hillbilly66 23 May 2016 11:24:30 3,150 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm guessing this will live and die on how you implement online. It's kind of like Street Fighter.
  • Deleted user 23 May 2016 11:26:54
    Debs was an awesome striker IIRC
  • Caniggia11 24 May 2016 10:28:24 37 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    hillbilly66 wrote:
    I'm guessing this will live and die on how you implement online. It's kind of like Street Fighter.
    Online will be really important. We're not letting that slip.
  • millerlfc 24 May 2016 19:00:20 614 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Are you planning on trying another crowdfunding campaign for this?
  • Caniggia11 24 May 2016 19:06:07 37 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    millerlfc wrote:
    Are you planning on trying another crowdfunding campaign for this?
    Nope, we are not.
  • Caniggia11 30 May 2016 16:47:50 37 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    On Friday - Sunday (3-5 June) this week. We'll be in Warsaw to show the new game at gaming festival Pixel Heaven. http://www.pixelheavenfest.com/en/

    Sociable Soccer will be fully playable for the complete weekend. There will be a knock out tournament on Saturday for 16 people and the winner will be crowned Champion of Warsaw.

    If you're from or nearby Warsaw, come and meet us! :)

    Edited by Caniggia11 at 16:48:16 30-05-2016
  • Caniggia11 5 Jul 2016 11:58:24 37 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
  • THFourteen 5 Jul 2016 12:15:39 52,591 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Why so many buttons!

    Surely this should be one, max two buttons
  • monkman76 5 Jul 2016 12:19:42 14,838 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yes, one button makes things so much simpler...

    http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/dino_dinis_kick_off_revival/news/here_s_how_to_play_dino_dinis_kick_off_revival.html

    ;)
  • Deleted user 5 July 2016 12:25:48
    Kickoff revival plays fine with one button for me.
  • monkman76 5 Jul 2016 13:42:36 14,838 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh OK, I was partly basing that on your comments in the KO thread! Has it grown on you then?

    I stand by it not being very simple though, based on those flowcharts.
  • Deleted user 5 July 2016 13:49:33
    monkman76 wrote:
    Oh OK, I was partly basing that on your comments in the KO thread! Has it grown on you then?

    I stand by it not being very simple though, based on those flowcharts.
    Yeah I agree the flowcharts just make it more complicated. It's easy enough once you get to grips with it. Still very rough round the edges and bugs here and there but I do like it.
  • Deleted user 5 July 2016 14:02:34
    On topic I am looking forward to sociable soccer. Having new versions of 2 of my most played games as a kid is great.
  • monkman76 5 Jul 2016 14:13:52 14,838 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    When is it due?
  • Deleted user 5 July 2016 15:03:24
    Think they said Q1 2017
  • Dizz 5 Jul 2016 15:22:10 72 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    Yes, one button makes things so much simpler...

    http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/dino_dinis_kick_off_revival/news/here_s_how_to_play_dino_dinis_kick_off_revival.html

    ;)
    People need flowcharts to play a Kickoff game?

    There's something missing too: a repeat loop to walk to the store to get new controller.

    :lol:

    Edited by Dizz at 15:23:47 05-07-2016
  • Caniggia11 10 Jul 2016 14:31:42 37 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Dizz shouldn't this be in the kick off thread? ;)
  • Caniggia11 10 Jul 2016 14:34:26 37 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Why so many buttons!

    Surely this should be one, max two buttons
    There is only 2 buttons, the normal does it all button + the burst of speed one. The other two are complementary for long ball and shooting with a big accuracy randomness to them.
  • monkeyspasm 10 Jul 2016 15:02:15 2,963 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    This is looking really good :)
  • Deleted user 10 July 2016 15:02:50
    THFourteen wrote:
    Why so many buttons!

    Surely this should be one, max two buttons
    To be fair the Amiga version worked with one button but back then we were using micro switched joysticks that allowed for twitch control such as a long ball up the field, this never translated well to the D pad configuration on the 16 bit console versions and would certainly not translate to a modern pad.
  • Caniggia11 21 Jul 2016 14:11:20 37 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Here's a new video for you! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJqnIpdC9ys
  • Caniggia11 13 Aug 2016 09:10:56 37 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    And we now got a brand new gameplay video!

  • OnlyMe 13 Aug 2016 11:02:40 3,135 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    reggy72 wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    Why so many buttons!

    Surely this should be one, max two buttons
    To be fair the Amiga version worked with one button but back then we were using micro switched joysticks that allowed for twitch control such as a long ball up the field, this never translated well to the D pad configuration on the 16 bit console versions and would certainly not translate to a modern pad.
    What? I played SWOS on an Amiga with a six-button Megadrive pad, and despite only using one buttons, the d-pad worked in many ways even better than a joystick. It became my favourite Amiga controller back then. Now I'm back to using a (cheap copy of) Competition Pro, but that's mainly because I really like the unique retro-feel it gives me, not because it's any better (or worse, mind) than a pad. That, and platform games on the Amiga works better with a joystick, since most of them is UP to jump.

    On topic, I'm not a fan of the "ooh" and "aah" from the players when the shoot and slide and whatnot. Only sound effects (apart from the crowd of course) I need to hear is sound of when the ball is kicked.

    Also, it's probably heresy to say this, but the game looks more akin to a modern Football Glory and it's like than SWOS. Football Glory relied on comedy and crazy effects, while SWOS seemed to take the footballing part more seriously.

    Looking forward to playing it, but not really feeling the look and sound of it right now. Just looks to, I dunno, "colorful"?
  • Caniggia11 23 Aug 2016 00:08:00 37 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    OnlyMe wrote:
    reggy72 wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    Why so many buttons!

    Surely this should be one, max two buttons
    To be fair the Amiga version worked with one button but back then we were using micro switched joysticks that allowed for twitch control such as a long ball up the field, this never translated well to the D pad configuration on the 16 bit console versions and would certainly not translate to a modern pad.
    What? I played SWOS on an Amiga with a six-button Megadrive pad, and despite only using one buttons, the d-pad worked in many ways even better than a joystick. It became my favourite Amiga controller back then. Now I'm back to using a (cheap copy of) Competition Pro, but that's mainly because I really like the unique retro-feel it gives me, not because it's any better (or worse, mind) than a pad. That, and platform games on the Amiga works better with a joystick, since most of them is UP to jump.

    On topic, I'm not a fan of the "ooh" and "aah" from the players when the shoot and slide and whatnot. Only sound effects (apart from the crowd of course) I need to hear is sound of when the ball is kicked.

    Also, it's probably heresy to say this, but the game looks more akin to a modern Football Glory and it's like than SWOS. Football Glory relied on comedy and crazy effects, while SWOS seemed to take the footballing part more seriously.

    Looking forward to playing it, but not really feeling the look and sound of it right now. Just looks to, I dunno, "colorful"?
    Everything in the game is still under development and nothing is final. Sociable Soccer is a spiritual successor to Sensible Soccer. It's not Sensible Soccer 2016 it's Sociable Soccer and it's inspired mainly by the controls and feeling that made Sensi great. Our game will be a fun, fast, arcade game that is easy to learn and hard to master.

    We'll get there ;)
  • Caniggia11 23 Aug 2016 08:41:48 37 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    New preview
    "Unlike Dino Diniís Kick Off Revival, Sociable Soccer is being aged in the development process to be like a fine wine, to be that memorable taste that will linger for years to come"

    http://www.gamerscorewhores.com/sociable-soccer-vr-hands-on-impressions/
  • mangojoe 10 Aug 2017 15:14:19 2,341 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    https://youtu.be/4DtNlaUEkm0 this is looking pretty good. Hopefully there will be an edit mode.
  • THFourteen 10 Aug 2017 15:43:07 52,591 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Switch version or no sale!
  • mangojoe 10 Aug 2017 15:50:42 2,341 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @THFourteen this on top of rocket league on the switch I don't think I'll leave my bed
  • K-Project 10 Aug 2017 19:56:14 477 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Wow this has really come on and looks a lot of fun. Perfect fit for the Switch, even if I don't have one myself, so I'd have to support the call to bring it to the console. Save them from FIFA guys!
  • Caniggia11 17 Aug 2017 00:25:43 37 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Here's our latest trailer, posting here since Eurogamer didn't have an article about the trailer itself.



    Edited by Caniggia11 at 00:26:29 17-08-2017
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.