God Of War 4 Page 58

• rolando-calrissian 9 Jul 2018 23:03:42 54 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Finished it a few nights back after playing in 2 to 3 hour leisurely chunks. Really enjoyed it.

The overuse of trolls is a bit of a let down but the combat is amazing. I've tried playing a few other games since and their combat shows how good GOW's is. Everything else just feels floaty and soft now. Suppose it's the sign of a great game when it ruins the feeling of others.
  • quadfather 29 Jul 2018 11:04:38 34,500 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just picked this up after a month or so off it and moving house.

Just got to the summit and met the thing at the top.

That conversation made me laugh :)
  • nickthegun 29 Jul 2018 16:32:27 77,858 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yeah, I played mad Max after this, which is the same batman combat. It's more like a rhythm action game.
  • crashVoodoo 5 Aug 2018 21:57:41 6,267 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Yeah so I got this at the end of last week and since the kids were away at the weekend and the OH was at a girls only wedding I thought I'd stick it on.

8.30am saturday through till 3am Sunday ... not even bothered.

OMFG this game is the shit. Whacked another 6 hours in it today.

I've rinsed the lake of 'all it has to offer' and also got myself a runic heavy build with 89 cdr and the magma set.

Edited by crashVoodoo at 22:00:43 05-08-2018
  • CosmicFuzz 5 Aug 2018 22:10:00 32,585 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Played about 5 hours of this over the weekend. Yeah, it's awesome.
  • Mortey 6 Aug 2018 09:28:45 41 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    My god this game is pretty. I think my wife is bored of me saying "look at that!"

I have played other 4k HDR games but none are at this standard, its stunning. Also helps it is a fantastic game!
  • quadfather 6 Aug 2018 10:08:21 34,500 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm still firmly back on this as well.

I'm at the bit where Atreus is being a dick now he's found out he's a god. He's getting annoying.

Also, fuck me, how hard are the Valkeries?! I've managed two - but I can't get that fucker at the top of Muselpheim (spelling)

How far through am I?
  • dominalien 6 Aug 2018 10:41:18 9,140 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    2/3 perhaps? Depends on how much of the optional stuff you still want to do.

Valkyries are very hard, though I did them all on hard, with the exception of the final one, which I couldn't even do on normal. Though I was pretty worn out at that point and just wanted to get through it.

Every time I think about it I want to go back and do it all again. It is truly splendid.
  • neems 6 Aug 2018 10:43:33 4,552 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've been waiting for new game plus to jump back in, probably my game of the year.
  • quadfather 6 Aug 2018 10:49:29 34,500 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @dominalien

Nice one. I've been doing a fair bit of side stuff but there's still the odd thing here and there to do.

Yeah, I'm finding them like souls' bosses, but Kratos is hardly a light, nimble dex build that I'd use against an equivalent boss! I do get better at them over time, but just keep fucking it up :)
  • crashVoodoo 9 Aug 2018 17:53:18 6,267 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Wow. Just wow. This game is awesome. I love the layers upon layers as everything evolves. All the ruined civilisation shit and mythology.

The gamification sticks out like a sore thumb, artificial gating, boat stories that end at mooring but I can forgive it because it's everything I want ... from a tomb raider game but with chunky thunderous combat.

I've just 'flipped the lid' as it were and have to admit this whole part was fantastic. I'm now off to find a hidden stone ...

*Can't be arsed to swap to desktop mode to do spoiler tags so kept it vague

Edited by crashVoodoo at 17:59:51 09-08-2018
  • quadfather 12 Aug 2018 18:51:19 34,500 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Finished it earlier on today. Fucking great game. I've still got 4 Valkyries to do which have proved an absolute bastard but I still might stick around to do it.

Question, does anything happen when you go home after the credits have run?
  • Your-Mother 12 Aug 2018 19:10:22 2,770 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yes.
  • Zero_g 12 Aug 2018 21:36:04 312 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sweet Dreams!
  • dominalien 12 Aug 2018 22:46:52 9,140 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah, it has as much content as you want it to. Haven't been able to look at the Marvel shite the same way since, either. Top stuff.
  • quadfather 13 Aug 2018 07:33:57 34,500 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cheers chaps, I'll make a point of going back home when I'm done
  • Mortey 13 Aug 2018 11:11:42 41 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Finished it last night. Such a great game.
  • crashVoodoo 22 Aug 2018 19:10:24 6,267 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    So NG+ is now a thing ... Anybody tried it?

Relive the adventure of Kratos and Atreus, while keeping all of your earned equipment and abilities. Start a new game with all of your armors, talismans, enchantments, Runic Attacks, skills, and yes, even weapons. [NG+ ONLY]

NG+ is for everyone! Upon starting a NG+ game, you will be able to select your desired difficulty – no matter which difficulty you picked for your previous playthrough. Enemies will be leveled up accordingly, so choose the amount of challenge which suits you best. [NG+ ONLY]
    Explore new customization options with more powerful versions of existing armors, talismans and enchantments. Collect Skap Slag, a new resource used by our blacksmithing duo to craft Perfect rarity-level gear. [NG+ ONLY]

Forge a handful of new armor sets for both Kratos and Atreus, including some with exciting new gameplay abilities, such as a chest piece which creates massive explosions whenever Health or Rage stones are stomped on. [NG+ ONLY]

Push the boundaries of combat by converting certain talismans and armor sets into enchantments, creating combinations which are not possible in a standard playthrough. [NG+ ONLY]

Enemies can now turn elite even on “Give Me a Challenge+” difficulty. Add a new dimension to combat, even if you don’t want the ultimate challenge on “Give Me God of War+”. [NG+ ONLY]

Some enemies have new behaviors and attack patterns. Maybe you should see how you hold up against the Valkyries this time around? [NG+ ONLY]

Test your skills on timed Realm Tears. Running away won’t help you against Hel-Vikens and Revenants (once you open a rift) anymore. [NG+ ONLY]

Receive a new shield skin when starting a game on NG+. Unlock an additional one by completing NG+ on “Give Me God of War+” difficulty. [NG+ ONLY]

Repeat the New Game Plus experience as much as you’d like by starting another NG+ game from one you’ve just completed. [NG+ ONLY]

Engage the story the way you want to. Skip cinematics as you please on both standard and NG+ playthroughs by completing the story at least once. Experience the scenes again to catch secrets you might have missed, or simply jump right back into the action.

Switch out your armor pieces as much as you like without worrying. Easily transfer all enchantments from one piece of gear to another in the menu with the push of a button.
    Many bug fixes and quality-of-life improvements, such as ensuring that Parry Attacks keep Kratos safe at all times, improving the Wrath of the Frost Ancient Runic Attack, fixing inconsistencies with how enemy attacks can be parried, and much more
    Edited by crashVoodoo at 19:14:05 22-08-2018
  • JamboWayOh 22 Aug 2018 19:12:13 13,238 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fuck me, that's how to do NG+. Right I'll get back on it this weekend.
  • crashVoodoo 22 Aug 2018 19:26:53 6,267 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I've seen some screenshots of some of the armour. It now goes up to red level (perfect).

Don't know if I should grind out some more of Niflheim or just pile into NG+
  • quadfather 22 Aug 2018 19:41:30 34,500 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Have to say, that's some impressive Ng+ stuff

Though I seem to struggle on anything other than "give me the story" so I probably won't achieve anything in Ng+
  • Zippity-zap 23 Aug 2018 10:28:06 385 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Post deleted
  • jimmac 30 Aug 2018 00:37:26 479 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Just completed this tonight. What a fantastic game. Combat superb, conversations that actually made me laugh. Amazing views and a half decent plot.

I was having difficulty with the final Valkyrie so dropped it to easy mode but it was still tough.

I didn't find out until this final fight that you could flip between your two weapons and use your runic attacks for your other weapon while your other ones were recharging. As soon as I realised I beat the Queen on my second attempt. Didn't even need the resurrection stone. It was still on easy mode though.
  • Deleted user 30 August 2018 12:01:17
    Haven't even started yet but those NG+ features are drawing me in. Didn't realise gear and skill trees made such a difference in this game, figured it was just a hack and slasher with some mandatory upgrades. Is there actually quite a lot of depth of customisation in this?
  • Youthist 30 Aug 2018 16:12:16 13,783 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    This game is amazingly good if anyone hasn't given this a go yet - exceeding my expectations by a distance
  • dominalien 30 Aug 2018 16:40:23 9,140 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    GarlVinland wrote:
    Haven't even started yet but those NG+ features are drawing me in. Didn't realise gear and skill trees made such a difference in this game, figured it was just a hack and slasher with some mandatory upgrades. Is there actually quite a lot of depth of customisation in this?
    You have some stats and armour and other things will strengthen a stat or a couple, so theoretically you can create various builds. I don’t know how much of a difference that really makes gameplay-wise. I don’t think you can max all of them at once, at least not in NG, so it’s always a trade-off. The effects of strengthening a stat can be quite apparent, too.
  • DUFFMAN5 2 Sep 2018 09:13:50 24,551 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Help please chaps!
    I returned to this after several months away and I have not got a clue what I need to be doing.
    I will add spoilers but I'm only a little way in.

I'm at the Snake river/lake area. I think I have been to all the areas I can dock at, in that front is there a way of knowing which ones you have been to ? One has a spirit mentioning his dead mothers grave, but not sure what I need to do.
    I have met the shop dude once again and he mentions a portal,which I used.
    I found a Witches cave but cant get access, it might have been where I came from all those months back ?

...thank you for any help. I will see if I can "get into" later today, otherwise it may get abandoned .
    I think part of the trouble is im finding it hard to get into anything post the sublime Horizon ZD.

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 09:15:20 02-09-2018

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.