Following Clarkson, Hammond and May - The Grand Tour Page 17

Next Last
  • Frogofdoom 2 Jan 2018 09:43:58 12,374 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I try and avoid amazon like the plague, the lack of tax paying and their abysmal treatment of workers shouldn't be something we turn a blind eye to in order to save a couple of quid. They generally aren't the cheapest on a days either its just a habit for a lot of people due to the convenience. Anyway rant over about them as this isn't the place for it.

Back on topic, the grand tour would be much better reinventing itself as a car show :D
  • UncleLou Moderator 2 Jan 2018 10:11:15 40,153 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @Frogofdoom Difficult to find an alternative though. Take books, for example. I know the publsihing industry a little bit, and the major brick and mortar bookstore chains make amazon looke like angels. And there's hardly an alternative to *them* anymore on the high street.
  • Frogofdoom 2 Jan 2018 10:33:36 12,374 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh there are exceptions where there isn't another choice. There is a product I buy from them which I can't get anywhere else. I was referencing more the always buys everything from them approach.
  • RawShark 2 Jan 2018 11:23:00 529 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @GuybrushThreepwood Yeah it was an atrocious episode. The irony of having an unscripted episode appearing even more scripted than their usual fare seemed utterly lost on them.

For me, the fact that these segments were scripted was not really the issue - something can be scripted and still enjoyable. The problem is that the scripts themselves are so contrived. That was the case even back on Top Gear but some of TGT's segments have hit new lows.

While I'm at it, was anyone else a little disturbed as to how leery the segment was as well? It was verging on being a Carry On film a few times. Horrifically dated - I'm amazed anyone thought it would be a good idea to sign off on it in this day and age.
  • LittleSparra 2 Jan 2018 11:27:03 7,926 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ^ Not that I've seen it, but isn't that their shtick, to appeal to tiresome anti PC warriors and lads who think they're rebellious?
  • Fake_Blood 2 Jan 2018 14:22:26 9,351 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    All these years Iíve been on the forum these comments never change, but people keep watching it. I think itís a typical british thing. Itís like there a turd laying in the street and instead of walking around it you guys lean in, take a deep breath and then start complaining about just how smelly it is.
  • challenge_hanukkah 2 Jan 2018 14:25:49 10,244 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nah, people all over the world still watch The Walking Dead.
  • RawShark 2 Jan 2018 14:30:10 529 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Fake_Blood To be fair though, I don't actually think it's a bad show. It's always been quite entertaining. But this was just a bad and quite misjudged episode. There's usually a dud in every season.
  • mothercruncher 15 Jan 2018 09:23:22 16,038 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Richard Hammond is definitely not a gay you know.
  • Psychotext 15 Jan 2018 10:33:31 64,872 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    All these years Iíve been on the forum these comments never change, but people keep watching it.
    You can tell by just how dead this thread is that it really isn't the case here.
  • brokenkey 15 Jan 2018 10:50:43 10,196 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    All these years Iíve been on the forum these comments never change, but people keep watching it.
    You can tell by just how dead this thread is that it really isn't the case here.
    I think the people that enjoy it don't bother posting here because the people who don't, and apparently have stopped watching it (ie you), won't just fuck off and leave us to discuss it in peace. You make the thread toxic.
  • Psychotext 15 Jan 2018 11:14:27 64,872 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It is a hard life for the die hard fans, I will admit.
  • Fab4 19 Jan 2018 19:06:25 8,801 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Good piece this week on the Audi/Lancia rally battles of the 80s.
  • samharper 19 Jan 2018 20:20:26 1,107 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah have to say I really enjoyed this one. The season so far has been much better than the first which I ditched after two episodes. Wish they'd do those mini documentary things more often, generally my favourite parts of Top Gear as well.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 19 Jan 2018 21:13:50 14,682 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    brokenkey wrote:
    Psychotext wrote:
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    I think the people that enjoy it don't bother posting here because the people who don't, and apparently have stopped watching it (ie you), won't just fuck off and leave us to discuss it in peace. You make the thread toxic.
    A convenient theory but not really one that holds up if you look at any other thread about anything on this forum. If people engage and enjoy they post about it, and argue with those who donít like it.

It is far far more likely that pretty much nobody is watching this dross.
  • nickthegun 19 Jan 2018 21:31:18 77,098 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's a lot more enjoyable if you ffwd *everything* in the tent.

There's then about 30 minutes of mediocre content.
  • elstoof 19 Jan 2018 21:41:51 22,706 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    As much as that
  • Frogofdoom 19 Jan 2018 21:45:58 12,374 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    It's a lot more enjoyable if you ffwd *everything*
    Fixed
  • nickthegun 19 Jan 2018 21:47:27 77,098 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ymmv
  • YenRug 19 Jan 2018 22:16:15 4,553 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    brokenkey wrote:
    Psychotext wrote:
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    A convenient theory but not really one that holds up if you look at any other thread about anything on this forum. If people engage and enjoy they post about it, and argue with those who donít like it.

Yeah, but this one draws in the wannabe-SJW's and they're just fucking insufferable...
  • brokenkey 19 Jan 2018 22:40:16 10,196 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    brokenkey wrote:
    Psychotext wrote:
    Fake_Blood wrote:

Two posts from people saying they enjoy it and you pop up with this literally proving my point.
  • The-Bodybuilder 11 Mar 2018 22:46:23 17,571 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    So talk is this won't get a 4th season.

Out with a wimper.
  • Deleted user 11 March 2018 22:48:45
    Not surprised. I've got amazon and even when I'm bored and can't think what to watch, I don't put it on. Their viewing figures can't be great and it must have cost a packet.
  • waggy79 11 Mar 2018 22:53:13 1,935 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nah its a rumour that's already been quashed by JC. He may be hosting Who wants to be a Millionaire and the Mail put 2 and 2 together and came up with 5.
  • superdelphinus 12 Mar 2018 07:35:18 10,003 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I think amazon had the grand tour on that list of 2018 shows a couple of weeks ago too.
  • Fab4 8 Feb 2019 18:29:57 8,801 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Great tribute to the great Jim Clark on this week's episode. The 2 car reviews were decent too.
  • fontgeeksogood 8 Feb 2019 18:31:11 5,248 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Did James make a (fat) face
  • Fake_Blood 8 Feb 2019 19:09:24 9,351 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Last year Hammond was almost killed by an electric car that wasnít made by Elon. Thatís like having 5 out of 6 numbers right in the lottery for you pes.
  • fontgeeksogood 8 Feb 2019 19:33:22 5,248 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    History will prove me right about these monsters
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.