Following Nioh Page 207

• wuntyate 28 Mar 2020 15:28:46 14,502 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Decks did you kill it?
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 28 Mar 2020 16:05:25 24,361 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nah, only had a couple of goes while drunk last night. Really struggling to get any time in on now my 5 year old boy IS LITERALLY MY FUCKING SHADOW.
  • sid92 28 Mar 2020 17:14:24 3,539 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I really struggled with that boss, way more than the snake. It just constantly broke my Ki.
  • sid92 28 Mar 2020 17:15:27 3,539 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tusk face is hard as well
  • jack5255 28 Mar 2020 17:48:17 870 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Finished last night, brilliant fun. Admittedly had a lot of multiplayer help but that took the edge off of a game i probably wouldnít have played otherwise let alone finished. On to NG+ for a bit now
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 28 Mar 2020 18:18:17 24,361 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    He was a lot easier sober, got him second time.
  • wuntyate 28 Mar 2020 18:29:54 14,502 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    Nah, only had a couple of goes while drunk last night. Really struggling to get any time in on now my 5 year old boy IS LITERALLY MY FUCKING SHADOW.
    Yes. Tell me about it. I finally managed to get a decent sesh today so made in roads into the first mission of the 3rd area. A couple of brilliant new yokai over the last few levels.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 28 Mar 2020 20:07:17 24,361 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    All the ki draining shit is making it a bit irritating.
  • nickthegun 28 Mar 2020 20:45:50 81,348 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    sid92 wrote:
    Tusk face is hard as well
    In both games, this is the only boss Iíve summoned on. I spent about an hour trying to beat him, got him down several times to his last slither of health and he would catch me with that fucking grab. Life is far too short for that shit.

Summoned a guy who just jizzed shuriken at him and we killed it in like 30 seconds flat.
  • sid92 28 Mar 2020 22:03:44 3,539 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    One thing I noticed when I finally beat him is that you can roll through his unblockable.
  • nickthegun 28 Mar 2020 23:11:45 81,348 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yeah, you can roll through all of his charging attacks. Problem is, Iím just cack handed enough to roll right into them at a clutch moment.
  • wuntyate 28 Mar 2020 23:55:04 14,502 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    The dark realm? I don't mind it was much as i did tbh, as once you seek out the cunt that causes it is gone. Initially i despised it however.
  • sid92 29 Mar 2020 00:54:40 3,539 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    wuntyate wrote:
    Decks wrote:
    The dark realm? I don't mind it was much as i did tbh, as once you seek out the cunt that causes it is gone. Initially i despised it however.
    Try to unlock the Kekkai talisman in the Omnyo tree, game changer for Yokai realm and boss fights.
  • Gregolution 29 Mar 2020 07:47:28 9,976 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @sid92

Sid! You're alive. /Wave

This Nioh chat is making me keen to dust it off again. You are talking about the first one still right or is this all Nioh 2?
  • sid92 29 Mar 2020 09:38:45 3,539 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Gregory! How you doing dude? This is Nioh 2, came out about two weeks ago I believe.

One question for you. Have you played The Old Hunters yet?
  • Gregolution 29 Mar 2020 09:44:00 9,976 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    sid92 wrote:
    Gregory! How you doing dude? This is Nioh 2, came out about two weeks ago I believe.

One question for you. Have you played The Old Hunters yet?
    HAHAHA. I posted that earlier and then thought to myself, "I bet he replies about Old Hunters".

Fkr!

I'm in lockdown... now is the time.

Is Nioh 2 an improvement over the first then? I never finished the first one, but still have the disc somewhere...
  • jamesarthur29 29 Mar 2020 16:24:32 12 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I have this fantastic game but it's bloody tough and stressful, so i'd rather not
  • OllyJ 30 Mar 2020 10:13:32 4,748 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    On Area 4 and holy sshit...there's a side mission that's basically an Amrita Farm, about 5 sub enemies and the Horse Bros for about 80k a run.

So the blacksmith....I'm constantly trying to figure out the best way to keep my gear levelling nicely, any advice on the best way to do this? Forging and tempering? Is Soul Match pretty much useless?

I wish I could farm Quality Umbracite as a side note...
  • nickthegun 30 Mar 2020 10:49:30 81,348 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Iím assuming soul matching is going to be worthless again until NG+.

The only way you can reliably get gear you want is to forge it and even then itís reliant on a smithing text dropping for the set you want to run.

Other than that farm revenants or bosses. Iím trying to run the master swordsman set and the only way to get it until the text drops is get lucky on a revenant or farm the Dual Sword Master dojo mission.

Before I got that I was running the Yokai Annihilator set as it was the only decent one I had a smithing text for.

Edited by nickthegun at 10:50:10 30-03-2020
  • chrisno21 30 Mar 2020 10:50:49 2,286 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I don't bother with it until NG+ tbh. A bit of tempering here and there on a new drop that I like but I'm not make a proper build until divines.
  • nickthegun 30 Mar 2020 10:51:34 81,348 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    That said, itís pretty easy to get purples from the tea house, if you arenít after something specific. I will pull a dual sword every now and again as you do get good drops from there.
  • OllyJ 30 Mar 2020 11:29:46 4,748 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Yeah, I'm a lame-o Fuma Ninja gear with Kurasigama, normally stick to high stance as well so I try get affects that benefit that, like high stand and kunai damage, unlimited Ninitsu...

But I've been dumb and just constantly swapped to new weapons because the level is higher and later realised for example I'm no longer imbuing water, so my armor and acessories have useless saturation effects now...
  • Rivuzu 30 Mar 2020 11:58:49 18,378 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @OllyJ My build was much the same, but I ran the Flying Kato set because it's the bonafide best for Ninjutsu.

Sod off Water, invest in Poison. Yatsu no Kami core giving +melee damage vs poisoned enemies, and it's a rollable stat on accessories as well. You can get 66% additional melee damage vs poisoned. It SHREDS.

Couple with Nekomata Guardian Spirit for Anima on Ninjutsu hit, untouched Ninjutsu, and where you can Shuriken and Kunai damage+. You'll be throwing out Kunai and Shuriken like a madman, and then abusing the Yokai Abilities. It's a very, very good build.

Though that said, I've fucked it off now. Cleared all of NG+ already, 40 levels from cap, and I'm experimenting with other builds. Doing a Scorched one at the moment, using the Red Demon set for increased damage vs Scorched, + Scorched accumulation and the Infernal Onibi core and elemental weapon stats on gear. I am constantly on fire. Everything is fire. The world, fire. I can already see it peaking though, but my damage is ridonkulous as it is. Can run the final level in NG+ in under 6 minutes with the boss clear.
  • OllyJ 30 Mar 2020 12:27:05 4,748 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Nice, I love the ninja build even if it's considered a bit noobish.

Those were exactly the suggestions I wanted to be honest, I'll have a look into getting my poison bits up, can you actually get a weapon effect that imbues poison like you can with other elements?
  • nickthegun 30 Mar 2020 12:54:35 81,348 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    There is a shiftling skill, arcana of something or other, that imbues poison on a skill. If you assign it to a multihit skill and have a few pro-poison skills on your gear, you can poison people pretty quickly.

A lot of the harder enemies seem weak to it so, for example, I use a few poison shuriken to poison them and windstorm to keep it going.

All the arcana skills are pretty good, tbh. I mainly run with a lightning sword, so itís nice to have arcana of water in windstorm, so I can slow them down and then saturate them.
  • Rivuzu 30 Mar 2020 13:47:24 18,378 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @OllyJ Don't imbue poison.

Any weapon that imbues poison is significantlly lesser than just using things like Poison Arrows/Poison Shuriken/Gallnut Broth. And those 3 also boost your Ninjutsu score and you can level it up faster.

Also the Arcana skills are ok, but... I binned them off. Did some damage stat comparison with them and it wasn't worth the enhanced Ki cost. Only time it's worth it is like in Nick's case, to apply multiple status fast.

The build isn't noobish re: Ninja. You're a glass cannon. You can shit out damage but you can still get twatted around quite easily.
  • wuntyate 30 Mar 2020 13:50:32 14,502 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Jumping between this and Doom but been addicted to this the last few days. Up to the ice level on area three. The levels are so good.
  • Rivuzu 30 Mar 2020 13:56:58 18,378 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    wuntyate wrote:
    Jumping between this and Doom but been addicted to this the last few days. Up to the ice level on area three. The levels are so good.
    There's one level fairly late on that made me audibly go wow. Team Ninja did a great job with all the levels in this.
  • Gregolution 30 Mar 2020 14:04:04 9,976 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Overall is it a big improvement on the first then?
  • OllyJ 30 Mar 2020 14:04:51 4,748 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Rivuzu wrote:
    @OllyJ Don't imbue poison.

Any weapon that imbues poison is significantlly lesser than just using things like Poison Arrows/Poison Shuriken/Gallnut Broth. And those 3 also boost your Ninjutsu score and you can level it up faster.

Also the Arcana skills are ok, but... I binned them off. Did some damage stat comparison with them and it wasn't worth the enhanced Ki cost. Only time it's worth it is like in Nick's case, to apply multiple status fast.

The build isn't noobish re: Ninja. You're a glass cannon. You can shit out damage but you can still get twatted around quite easily.
    Fair enough, but worth having Poison accumulation effects on stuff to build up quicker? Ideally I want one or two poison shurikens to apply poison.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.