Following Nioh Page 214

• nickthegun 29 May 2020 15:27:51 87,537 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    The story, such as it is, supposes you have played the DLC. I mean, lord of the rings it is not, but it would make a bit more sense.

And the DLC is excellent. Some of the best levels from the first game, for sure.
  • Switch-v85 29 May 2020 15:51:44 4,289 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Great thanks, I'll give it a go tonight and see how I get on with it. Expecting to get destroyed, been a couple of years since I last played it.
  • Bichii 29 May 2020 18:17:01 4,645 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mid way through chapter 4 now..loving it. Still makes me swear more than any other game but I'm a bit of a magic/ninjitsu beast now, I just can't get hit otherwise it's game over.
  • Switch-v85 29 May 2020 20:22:14 4,289 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not sure how far I am. Iíve reloaded my save and Iím in the middle of some burning fortress. Got to the top and was killed in 2 hits by another samurai. Brutal.
  • Switch-v85 29 May 2020 21:48:18 4,289 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Getting back into this now. Forgot how good the combat feels, itís class.
  • wuntyate 29 May 2020 22:04:52 17,393 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Its immense
  • Bichii 30 May 2020 19:57:21 4,645 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Chapter/area 5 now. Flying through it now, I can't remember the last time I died on a boss now. I seem pretty op on bosses, during the level I need to be careful though. Overall it seems way easier the nioh 1, which I really struggled to complete.
  • Switch-v85 1 Jun 2020 11:32:40 4,289 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ended up grabbing Nioh 2 as it dropped to a decent price.

Would still like to try and get through the first game before I fire it up. I'm in the 5th area so a fair bit to do before I've completed the main game and apparently the DLC is a good 20 hours. This is going to test my resolve.
  • Deleted user 1 June 2020 13:04:34
    The DLC is great so push on through chief!
  • Deleted user 1 June 2020 13:06:51
    One piece of DLC advice is that the first boss in the first DLC has a very fast attack which stops one from quickly closing the distance by dodging in so avoid doing that. He also has an unblockable sequence of attacks that drains all ki, the best thing to do is avoid the totality of that.
  • Switch-v85 1 Jun 2020 13:34:44 4,289 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sounds like a fun boss! Thanks for the advice, I'll try to keep that in mind and not go flailing in like usual.
  • Deleted user 1 June 2020 13:42:19
    Another thing regarding the DLC, it is worth doing a bit of NG+ to get the weapons upgraded passed level 150 up to 150 +3 or +4 or something like that.
  • Switch-v85 1 Jun 2020 23:55:29 4,289 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Did the massive Skeleton boss tonight, not my favourite part of the game. It looked epic but wasnít a great fight. The whole level was a bit messy really.

Into the Omi region now. I canít remember what the deal is with the mission levels. My next one is 120 and Iím Level 96.
  • Bichii 3 Jun 2020 19:23:33 4,645 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sweet Jesus. First main mission in act five was no joke. The enemies seem to have doubled in health, tough mid level boss and an absolute dick head final boss! Took five or six trys and only just pulled it off the last attempt!
  • Bichii 6 Jun 2020 20:07:00 4,645 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think I'm nearly on the final area. Just like the first game I'm going to complete it have no clue to what the story was about and not understanding how the majority of the systems work. Soul cores, barely understand. Tea rooms, no real idea. Blacksmith, understand maybe a third of it. The way everything is shown/explains is so backwards so I don't bother to try.

Just beat the final ninjitsu dojo level, damn that ninja had the largest health bar I've ever seen. I guess if I do Ng+ I'll need to read up what everything does, I've got hundreds of useable items I've never touched.
  • Bichii 13 Jun 2020 21:05:29 4,645 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    All done, credits rolling. Second to last boss was a total bastard that filled me with rage and had multiple attempts. Last boss err killed first time with out getting hit!? What a terrible last boss. Great fun game. Amazing combat and enemy types, woeful story that in the second half of it I just skipped most cut scenes or looked at my phone.
  • Fonzie 22 Jul 2020 08:24:02 3,489 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I recently started Nioh 2 and I'm up to the end of the 3rd chapter now. Started with odachi and so far having fun. I just have to remind myself that there is no point keeping weaker weapons at the moment as soul matching only becomes viable much later on. I'm pretty sure I didn't bother until NG+ in the first game once I'd kind of figured out how it works.

The only thing I'm getting from the teahouse thing is the tea utensils give small boosts to luck, money earned and percentage chance of getting more tea utensils. But the percentage bonus is so small it hardly seems worth bothering with.

The combat, as always is great and I'm loving the multiplayer, going and helping others in exhibition mode is fun.
  • Deleted user 22 July 2020 08:53:30
    The tea utensils do get better and are worth it for luck, if nothing else. Luck will help a lot for getting the smithing texts from enemies.
  • nickthegun 22 Jul 2020 09:00:32 87,537 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    If youíre regularly getting glory, I found the tea house the most reliable way of getting decent level purple weapons in NG.

And I did actually soul match quite a lot of armour in NG in this one just because I knew how the set system worked this time around and, thanks to the variety of gear, getting a levelled up piece for a set you are using was a ball ache.
  • wuntyate 22 Jul 2020 09:31:36 17,393 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I stopped checking the tea utensils quite early on. I should probably see what I've got. Actually did quite a bit of soul matching throughout ng. I would say it felt more viable in this than nioh 1 for some reason.

Funnily enough had a quick session on this earlier and pootled about in ng+. Starting to come back to me. Suddenly remembered the first dlc is meant to drop soon. I think.
  • Bichii 22 Jul 2020 09:44:15 4,645 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I still need to do my Ng+, first run through I looked at nothing except between each mission I just used the highest damage weapon and checked armours from relevant perks and bonuses. Didn't check the tea, didn't really use the blacksmith etc. Guess I really should check it out! Such a great game but so many games to play.
  • Fonzie 22 Jul 2020 10:04:15 3,489 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I'm not sure if I'll go into NG+ or start again using a different build. I'm starting to remember how much fun I had using the kusarigama and the switch glaive looks interesting as well.
  • nickthegun 22 Jul 2020 10:13:35 87,537 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    In NG+ you get a build library, so you can store your current one, respec and switch between them as needed.
  • wuntyate 22 Jul 2020 11:04:13 17,393 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Fonzie I can very much recommend the glaive. It's superb. I went glaive and magic and currently I can hit someone with sloth, followed up by a flying bolt attack then topped off with a lightning ball. They get slowed down so much they practically don't move. Perfect for my skill level.
  • Fonzie 22 Jul 2020 11:34:46 3,489 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    wuntyate wrote:
    @Fonzie I can very much recommend the glaive. It's superb. I went glaive and magic and currently I can hit someone with sloth, followed up by a flying bolt attack then topped off with a lightning ball. They get slowed down so much they practically don't move. Perfect for my skill level.
    Sloth was the first thing I looked for lol.

I have co-oped with someone the other day who was hitting 2000+ damage with either shurikan or kunai. Had a look and apparently you can make a build around shurikan and kunai damage. Seems interesting as well.
  • nickthegun 22 Jul 2020 11:43:44 87,537 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Interesting is relative and god builds can be boring. I summoned on warthog guy because life is too short and the summonee rained kunai down on him, killing him in two seconds flat.

For a game based around its brilliant combat system, reducing it down to pressing 'up' seems a bit self-defeating.

And its similar with the build I made. Ive got a dual swords, master swordsman build that can OHK most standard enemies with sign of the cross and melt bosses with water sword in a couple of seconds. I had to force myself to stop doing it because it was getting boring.
  • wuntyate 22 Jul 2020 12:04:13 17,393 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Fonzie Sloth is great. The purification talisman is superb as well. Just melt their poise and go to town on them.
  • Bichii 22 Jul 2020 12:46:15 4,645 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I use sloth all the time but it definitely feels like cheating.
  • Fonzie 22 Jul 2020 13:01:07 3,489 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Definitely not cheating. I always have 4 sloth and 4 of the one that lowers their defence readied.
  • Decks 22 Jul 2020 16:26:16 30,883 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's cheating.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.