Following Nioh Page 218

• nickthegun 26 Oct 2020 09:33:03 85,079 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Finished the DLC last yesterday. It was pretty good overall although I would have liked a daytime level or two.

I had to change up my build a little bit as it was completely geared towards imbuing lightning and hitting electrified enemies for massive damage, so I rolled with water and electric resistance towards the end, which made it fairly easy.

I like the stone of penance although accessories really should have a way of smithing levels onto them. I went through it on NG with a fist build and picked up a random yasakani magatama and the soul core box at L150. Two sub missions on NG+ took them both up to 160+1 in about 10 minutes, which isnt a bad return.

Smithing texts seem to drop more easily now, which is good. In fact, everything seems to drop more easily now, thankfully.
  • grassyknoll 26 Oct 2020 12:22:32 750 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @nickthegun Oh wow, thank you! I'll definitely play around with that. Seems like building your character is more important in Dream of the Demon.
  • Bichii 17 Dec 2020 08:41:24 4,303 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think the final dlc is out today. Time to get ready to die.
  • Rogueywon 17 Dec 2020 09:42:41 11,038 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Bichii Oh yeah, I saw a big update land when I switched on my PS5 earlier. Probably a good prompt for me to go back and finally finish the main game. I've been playing it in short bursts all year, which probably isn't very fair on it.
  • wuntyate 17 Dec 2020 10:13:19 16,533 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Shit, I thought it was out soon. To my shame I haven't finished the 2nd DLC yet. Perfect timing though as just decided to put Demon's to bed for the time being after finishing my second playthrough and it'll be nice to have Nioh on the go to accompany me going through the Control DLC.

I have it installed and ready to go on the PS5. Can't wait to get stuck in with the better resolution and frame rate that my base PS4 denied me.

Bloody love Nioh 2 as well and rinsed the first DLC pretty sharpish after it came out. I blame this Demon's Souls business for derailing me.

/shakes fist
  • Decks 17 Dec 2020 10:20:04 28,847 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I keep meaning to go back to it as I only got halfway through it but I think I'm going to wait until the PS5 update comes out and reroll.
  • nickthegun 17 Dec 2020 10:30:45 85,079 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I think you'd enjoy it, the new weapons are great. The split staff is a good pick if you had a switchglaive build, really good for applying statuses and the fists are brilliant.

You can expend all of your ki to do a falcon punch. Its the most satisfying move in the game.
  • wuntyate 17 Dec 2020 10:38:41 16,533 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah the splitstaff is brilliant.

Much like Control, I'm finding even pre-PS5 update, it runs so much better using the PS4 version on PS5 I'm not even going to bother waiting. Well, I'll finish up the DLC and probably just move into NG+ proper after the update.
  • Bichii 17 Dec 2020 10:50:12 4,303 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The Wolverine claws are so much fun added in the 2nd dlc. I have some frost ones that wreck but more importantly look great on my ninja.
  • Bichii 29 Dec 2020 14:54:26 4,303 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Anyone beaten the last dlc yet? I've done the first main and sub missions. A few new enemies already and the first main missions was pretty great. Overall with all the dlc there is a crazy variety in enemy types. Shame there is no more nioh after this. Series won't continue the game director confirmed yesterday.
  • Rogueywon 29 Dec 2020 14:59:53 11,038 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Oh, they're ending the series here? Wonder why? Guess it probably brings in less profit than putting out endless DOA swimsuit packs...

I really, really need to finish the main Nioh 2 campaign. The Nioh games have never been my favorite Soulslikes, but it does deserve completion, at least.
  • Bichii 30 Dec 2020 22:04:15 4,303 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    All done. 121 hours. Final boss was a bit of a beast but I beat it with zero heals left and about 20% health. What a game.
  • OllyJ 1 Feb 2021 09:56:27 4,851 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Remasters out this week, I have been back in Nioh 1 mopping up the sub missions.

Looking forward to a new player base, even so, I never have to wait for a summon, it's still quite a busy game.
  • wuntyate 1 Feb 2021 10:10:20 16,533 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ah nice one I had a feeling they were. Can't wait to get back to Nioh 2, I put off finishing the 2nd DLC and starting the 3rd once I heard of the remaster.

Edited by wuntyate at 10:10:26 01-02-2021
  • Decks 1 Feb 2021 10:17:40 28,847 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Are they actually remasters or just or have they just unlocked the frame rate to 120fps?
  • uiruki 1 Feb 2021 10:41:51 5,667 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I think they'll have had to do a bit of work on the original to get it running at 120 as I remember having a little bother getting it really smooth on my PC. I reckon with 2 it'll be closer to just doubling the framerate with the existing graphics modes, maybe with a proper 4K mode rather than that awful reconstruction that they use. If we're lucky it'll be cinematic mode at 120, but it might get a bit variable - really hope they implement VRR soon.

Still tempted to pick it up on PC even though I've gone all the way through the base game on PS4 and have been waiting for this to hit to do the DLCs, simply for the promise of proper ultra widescreen support.

edit: checking the site for Nioh 2, it does look like they're specifically supporting PS5 features for that at least: 3d audio, fast loading, activity cards, haptic feedback and triggers as well as generic graphics improvements (I assume that includes higher res particle clouds etc as that stuff could get a bit blurry on PS4 when you popped an enemy).

The base game and Almasty beer (local brewery) got me through the first lockdown so I've got a box on order for this weekend.

Edited by uiruki at 10:49:40 01-02-2021
  • UncleLou Moderator 1 Feb 2021 10:47:59 40,346 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Was trying to find that out yesterday - pretty basic stuff - the new 120fps mode, a 4k/60fps mode, and a 1080p mode with improved shadows and reflections, as well as haptic triggers and, of course, faster loading times.
  • OllyJ 1 Feb 2021 10:50:15 4,851 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    All about the frame rate (which tbh is pretty solid) and load times. Games still look stunning anyway.

I'm on the last few sub missions, and they are seemingly impossible 1v2 fights that suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

edit: the only bad thing I see in Nioh is just LOD animations for far away enemies is a bit whack.

Edited by OllyJ at 10:51:25 01-02-2021
  • uiruki 1 Feb 2021 10:54:00 5,667 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Yeah, I'd imagine they'd be able to knock that right up - animation's a CPU load and it's kind of hard to overstate how much faster the processor in the new machine is, it is much more of a leap than the graphics chip.
  • Decks 1 Feb 2021 10:58:43 28,847 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    How easy is it for me and a mate to play through the whole first game in coop? I know they changed it to make it to make it easier but is it still a fuck on?
  • OllyJ 1 Feb 2021 10:59:36 4,851 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Just seen the Nioh 2 footgae, and tbh the first level is a dark mess anyway really. Looks nice enough...

But yes, instant loading....that's what we want, especially when farming smithing texts!
  • OllyJ 1 Feb 2021 11:01:57 4,851 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    How easy is it for me and a mate to play through the whole first game in coop? I know they changed it to make it to make it easier but is it still a fuck on?
    Really easy, you just have to have a friend which I find the hardest part.

There does not seem to be a level bound you have to stick to, just use the Tori gate and off you go, it does mean you share a common respawn bar and that makes it a bit more difficult in places.
  • uiruki 1 Feb 2021 11:07:08 5,667 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Is it possible to just power through the campaign from the start in Nioh 2 in coop? If so I'd definitely grab it on PC as a mate's picking it up.
  • OllyJ 1 Feb 2021 11:23:40 4,851 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I think you can do it from the Tori gate if neither of you have previously done the mission. The only differnce is that you share a respawn bar, so have to be a bit more on the ball as once it's gone you have to start the mission again.
  • nickthegun 1 Feb 2021 11:29:24 85,079 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I think you can but in a slightly weird way. If one of you is playing solo, you can summon the other person if youre having trouble.

If you want to co-op the whole thing, I think you can do it in expedition mode. You kind of lobby up and choose a mission and the progress should be saved for each player. So you would have to do a mission, lobby, do a mission, lobby and so on if you wanted to do the whole thing co-op.

I would check that, though. I only started doing multiplayer after I solo'd the campaign.
  • nickthegun 1 Feb 2021 11:30:25 85,079 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    If they have jammed the original levels into the Nioh 2 platform, you'd do it as above, I would think. If its just both games taped together, one of you would have to be the main player and summon the other, I think.
  • Blackmarsh63 1 Feb 2021 13:53:14 4,029 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Anyone seen the physical remaster anywhere ? None of the usual outlets seem to have it or is it just a download ?
  • wuntyate 5 Feb 2021 08:18:09 16,533 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    After a bit of faffing I got the remaster installed and my ps4 save transferred over. I had to install the ps4 version from the disc (or rather copy as the Ps5 told me it was doing), then I could go to the store, find the remastered Nioh 2 and go to the options on it and select the Ps5 upgrade version. Either during or after the Ps5 version downloading I had to open the ps4 version of Nioh 2, go to settings and upload my save in the crosssave menu.

Once the Ps5 version was loaded up, go to the same menu and download my save.

All sorted now. Trophies have synced and I can continue from where I left off.

I presume I can now delete the ps4 version but I'm not positive.

Edited by wuntyate at 08:18:45 05-02-2021
  • Decks 5 Feb 2021 08:20:16 28,847 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is it only with 2 or can you so the same with the first one?

Also does it look any different?
  • UncleLou Moderator 5 Feb 2021 08:26:01 40,346 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Installed/upgraded Nioh 2 this morning, but haven't made it past the character creation screen. Not managed to, er, save my save yet, but then again I've completely forgotten everything, anyhow.

(Same with God of War. I am at the beginning of New Game+, and got Kratos' arse handed to me in what's basically the first tutorial fight. No intention to replay it, though, just wanted to look at the shinyness)

Edited by UncleLou at 08:27:22 05-02-2021
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.