Gran Turismo Sport Page 80

Next Last
  • 2dividedby0 8 Apr 2019 08:02:12 201 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    up_the_ante wrote:
    We've had a few Ferraris recently - the F50, the Dino, the 288 GTO and the 250 GT. Still no Testarossa though
    I'd imagine the Testarossa is on the 'to do' list.
  • up_the_ante 7 May 2019 00:19:45 1,365 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm finally getting to the good stuff in this game. Did a 30 lap endurance race with pit stops. I was chasing down 1st when I tripped over a back marker on lap 26 :mad:

Also did a 4 lap race of the Nurburgring at dusk. It looked absolutely glorious with the sparks from the other cars. There's not much time to appreciate it though. It's just a relentless onslaught of corners around there.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 6 Dec 2019 19:22:52 33,025 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Picked this up in the sale today. Eve though it's not a full fat version, I forgot how much I missed Gran Turismo til I played it. It drives so nicely and looks so sexy. The replays are still the best in the business.

I even sat and golded all the driving school stuff out of choice. Which is just weird.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 6 Dec 2019 19:31:40 25,648 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah it's great, still gets loads of free content too. I was hugely addicted to the multiplayer when it came out but everyone left playing it is too good now.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 6 Dec 2019 19:42:24 33,025 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Yeah, I don't have a great deal of interest in getting rinsed online, but I reckon there's enough single-player stuff in there for 12 quid.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 6 Dec 2019 20:00:31 25,648 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thing is it was fantastic at putting you in with people of your skill level and the penalty system kept the races clean, easily the best races I've had online in a game. But yeah it too hard now.
  • mothercruncher 28 Mar 2020 12:14:52 17,836 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Bought this, finally.
    I can buy any cars without the game crashing and telling me data is corrupted. Yet I can race and play fine.

Is this a known bug/issue?
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 28 Mar 2020 14:40:06 25,648 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Not that I've heard of. Try reinstalling?
  • mothercruncher 28 Mar 2020 17:20:07 17,836 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Think Iíll have to, just wondered, thanks.
  • Kay 26 Jun 2020 17:13:59 20,631 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Anyone played/playing this on a standard PS4? How's the framerate on there? DF says it only hits 60fps consistently on the Pro.

Also, is it worth getting for the SP content? Not particularly interested in online racing atm.
  • Psiloc 26 Jun 2020 17:18:00 5,532 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Dunno about the base ps4 question but I can vouch for the single player being perfectly reasonable in the patched game. I own it as a purely SP game too and am more than happy with it.

Main thing missing is used cars and much of the depth to upgrading cars, which I do miss. But as far as stuff to do its fine
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 26 Jun 2020 17:20:35 25,648 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I played loads of it on standard PS4, was pretty much rock solid and looks great. Decent amount of single player stuff now too.
  • Kay 26 Jun 2020 17:35:53 20,631 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Psiloc wrote:
    Main thing missing is used cars and much of the depth to upgrading cars, which I do miss. But as far as stuff to do its fine
    Tbh I've only played GT on the PSP, so I wouldn't miss that - as long as I can collect cars and have a decent SP mode to race them around in, that'll be enough.
  • gamingdave 26 Jun 2020 17:56:04 5,002 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Loads to do in SP having only gotten into it recently myself.

Can't comment on the frame rate, but never noticed any stuttering and it plays great for me.
  • Kay 25 Jul 2020 11:01:18 20,631 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Finally picked this up on sale for a tenner on PSN. The store page said that the file size was 42GB. I had more than enough space on my PS4, but it wouldn't download. Had to free up more than twice that amount before it finally started downloading. Turns out the full download is more than 100GB!! Why couldn't they just have mentioned that on the store?

Anyway, the game itself is a thing of beauty. I think I must have already spent a good couple of hours browsing through the menu, checking out showrooms, museum, scapes etc. I can see where that 100GB went.

Gameplay-wise it's not too bad too, although the HUD is a bit large and intrusive - there doesn't seem to be a way to turn certain elements off, which is a bit odd. Still figuring out the best options/assists, and there is loads of SP stuff to work through, although the driving challenges/missions seem surprisingly easy and lenient. I don't have PS+ at the moment, but I'm looking forward to giving online a try at some stage.

Anyway, it looks and plays beautifully on a standard PS4. I can see why it got criticised at launch for not having the same career stuff from past GTs, but it's an incredibly gorgeous package with a lot of content, and for a tenner it seems like a steal.
  • up_the_ante 25 Jul 2020 11:30:08 1,365 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The 2017 version of the game probably was 42GB, all the additional cars and tracks added since have pushed it over 100GB. I think they even changed it's name to Gran Turismo Spec II last year because it had changed so much. They should have updated the file size on the store page too though.
  • Fourwisemen 25 Jul 2020 14:29:58 916 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just picked this up in the sale and itís been a good while since a really played a GT game.

The last few years Iíve pretty much played Forza/Horizon so first impressions of GT were...odd...

First things..

Having no rewind was at first really annoying, but after spending a few hours with it have found it quite liberating and has made me take a more considered and approach to each circuit. I like this.

Cones for breaking points feels so much more natural that the braking/racing line in Forza. I felt a little disoriented at first not having the comfort blanket there but would now consider Iíve been playing Forza Ďwrongí.

The handling model feels as Iíd expect and would need to back to back with F7, same car and track to see which I prefer.

The missions, particularly track missions have been decent so far. It feels like thereís a game in here and not just racing.

Donít likes.

The music, but itís very in keeping with GT historically.

All races have been rolling starts so far and no grids .

Arcade mode so far has just been a selection of single races, Iím hoping there will be some racing series style stuff.

Overall Iím liking it and can see doing a fair bit of hot lapping in time trial mode, and that for me is always the sign if a good racing sim.

Edited by Fourwisemen at 14:42:06 25-07-2020
  • Kay 25 Jul 2020 14:47:22 20,631 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I actually really like the music in the game - soundtrack seems great, and I love how menu transitions have different music, with the GT League having the cheesy 90s GT2 music. GT has a lot more personality in that respect compared to other serious racing games.

Yeah, I sort of understand why all races are rolling starts, but it would be nice to have some grid starts too. I don't think there are any championships in the game unfortunately, even the GT League cups are all single races.
  • Fourwisemen 25 Jul 2020 19:16:40 916 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Kay

I probably should have been clearer, itís more things like the menu music and in particular the cheesy music that plays when youíve won and event. 80ís soft rock..

The soundtrack is pretty decent, although Iíve turned that off now as I prefer the engine noise to help with my gear changes..!!
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.