Gran Turismo Sport Page 4

• Nades 30 Apr 2017 18:42:19 2,907 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What are the physics like in this? The engine sounds are a little better I think, but still not perfect.
  • adstomko 13 Jun 2017 12:58:25 107 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MUSIC THEME TRAILER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Oq_33exxE

JOIN THE HUMAN RACE TRAILER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnJtRYZ9-ZA

A STUDIO DRIVEN TO PERFECTION TRAILER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75hq3FW7S9w
  • adstomko 13 Jun 2017 13:29:28 107 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Bloobat What were the physics of the game like, close to a sim?

My issue is that Thrustmaster have just announced the new Thrustmaster T-GT wheel which could be priced between £600-700. If this is advantageous over the T300, G29 etc, I think this is a problem, as not many people will be able to afford the new wheel.
  • Nitrous 14 Jun 2017 06:51:02 1,796 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    GT Sport‘s launch car count now stands at more than 177. This includes Vision Gran Turismo cars. There’s also plenty of real vehicles and production-based racers too, and the stable will grow over time.

Polyphony has remodelled all the game’s cars from scratch for the PS4 system, calling them “super premium” cars.

Polyphony also reinforces the track count in GT Sport. As we learned last year, the game will feature 27 tracks, spread over 19 locations. These include a mix of real tracks like Brands Hatch and the Nürburgring, and new fictional locations too.

The most recent video also revealed some new tracks, including Suzuka and Bathurst. The Interlagos circuit, confirmed in screenshots, has yet to appear in racing action.

That's from GTP. Seems a lot better than what I thought was just another GT prologue type game.
  • Bionic_Pixel 14 Jul 2017 15:40:39 187 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Short sweet trailer. The wait is almost over. Since the launch of PS4 i've been waiting for this. Drive Club was.. errr.. i don't know..

The question is, with the XBoneBoxX due for release soon, will Sony slash the price of the PS4-Pro. Sure hope so!

Edited by Bionic_Pixel at 15:40:55 14-07-2017
  • [maven] 14 Jul 2017 16:31:42 5,615 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Does anyone know how the extra cars with the deluxe editions work? Are they just unlocked earlier? Are the different paint-jobs of cars in the base game? Completely new and only available via DLC otherwise?

What's the deal here?
  • mangojoe 14 Jul 2017 21:03:31 2,305 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So how does this compare to Forza these days. Is it actually fun?
  • Deleted user 14 July 2017 21:13:46
    I miss pgr. Drive club was stupidly easy.
  • richardiox 14 Jul 2017 21:23:43 7,695 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    mangojoe wrote:
    So how does this compare to Forza these days. Is it actually fun?
    Hard to say as GT Sport isn't a mainline GT game and doesn't seem to have much in the way of a career mode.

It'll probably be great but it boggles my mind that they released GT6 right at the end of the PS3 cycle and have taken this long to get something out on ps4... And it isn't even a 'full' GT game. Meanwhile on Xbox one there's been 3 Forza games and 2 Forza Horizons. Polyphony are so slow.
  • ModoX 15 Jul 2017 00:08:52 3,477 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I know they're exclusives to their systems, but it seems slightly nuts to release this two weeks after FM7. GT is not in the position it once was, and is really a challenger to the incumbent Forza now, so it's strange to me. Unless I've bounced hard off Forza by the time it releases, I'll be waiting to see reviews.
  • Carlo 25 Aug 2017 09:27:08 20,535 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    [maven] wrote:
    Does anyone know how the extra cars with the deluxe editions work? Are they just unlocked earlier? Are the different paint-jobs of cars in the base game? Completely new and only available via DLC otherwise?

What's the deal here?
    I just Preordered the Digital Deluxe version, as it had the most cars from the start.

Pre-order Gran Turismo Sport for:
    • Bonus in-game credits
    • Pace car pack
    • a dynamic theme for your PS4™

DELUXE EDITION INCLUDES:
    • Mazda LM55 Vision GT
    • Mitsubishi Lancer Gr.B Rally Car
    • Subaru WRX Gr.B Rally Car
    • SRT Tomahawk Vision GT
    • Ford Mustang Gr.B Rally Car
    • Ford Focus Gr.B Rally Car
    • Audi R18 TDI
    • Audi Sport Quattro S1 Pikes Peak ‘87
    • Peugeot RCZ Gr.B Rally Car
    • Toyota FT-1 Vision GT Group 3
    • GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport
    • Corvette C7 Gr.3
    • Livery Sticker Pack
    • Chrome Racing Helmet
    • 2,000,000 credits

The collector's edition has 18, but at £110 i wasn't willing to make that kind of commitment.

Mazda LM55 Vision GT
    Mitsubishi Lancer Gr.B Rally Car
    Subaru WRX Gr.B Rally Car
    SRT Tomahawk Vision GT
    Ford Mustang Gr.B Rally Car
    Ford Focus Gr.B Rally Car
    Audi R18 TDI
    Audi Sport Quattro S1 Pikes Peak ‘87
    Peugeot RCZ Gr.B Rally Car
    Toyota FT-1 Vision GT Gr.3
    Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport
    Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3
    Renault Mégane R.S. Trophy
    Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport
    Volkswagen Golf VII GTI
    Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Peugeot Total
    Mercedes-AMG GT Safety Car
    BMW M4 Safety Car
  • Carlo 25 Aug 2017 09:38:20 20,535 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Pace car (safety car?) pack has these:

Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Peugeot Total
    Mercedes-AMG GT Safety Car
    BMW M4 Safety Car

Which you also get in the digital deluxe version.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gtsport/preorder/

Edited by Carlo at 09:40:56 25-08-2017
  • Fake_Blood 25 Aug 2017 09:46:32 9,485 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I’ve seen a couple of videos and I think they went a bit overboard with the engine sounds. At least the pops an crackles when you let go of the gas. It’s like they said engine noises have been a weak point in these games, let’s double down on them this time. Sure performance cars make a lot of noise, but everytime you let go of the gas it’s like a couple firecrackers go off. Maybe I’m just crazy.
  • Bionic_Pixel 21 Sep 2017 17:59:03 187 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago

Just watched Gran Turismo Sport - PS4 Theme Music Trailer.
    Stunning work. Covered me in goose-bumps. Has all the magic associated with a Spielberg epic. I love the small details put into the locations. Its these details that lift Gran Turismo above all other racers. October 17th can’t arrived soon enough.
  • Bionic_Pixel 22 Sep 2017 15:21:18 187 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Gran Turismo Sport: McLaren Ultimate Vision GT Reveal Trailer | PlayStation 4
  • IronGiant 22 Sep 2017 15:33:25 5,905 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Bionic_Pixel wrote:

Stunning work. Covered me in goose-bumps. Has all the magic associated with a Spielberg epic. I love the small details put into the locations. Its these details that lift Gran Turismo above all other racers. October 17th can’t arrived soon enough.
    Well, let's not get too carried away.. i'm looking forward to this mainly for the vr gameplay. Yes it looks lush and the small details are impressive but it's the gameplay that counts and that's where other racers definitely have the upper hand. We'll see.
  • Bionic_Pixel 28 Sep 2017 20:54:09 187 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago

Gran Turismo Sport Limited Edition PlayStation 4 1TB Console

When will they reveal the Pro version? they have after all been banging on about how Gran Turismo Sport will run better on the Pro, and for the first time ever, Ferrari red will look like Ferrari red.
  • Bionic_Pixel 28 Sep 2017 20:58:52 187 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    So far all i've found is:
    Gran Tursimo Sport Jet Black PlayStation®4 Pro Edition

Isn't a normal PS4 Pro Jet Black anyway?
  • DrStrangelove 28 Sep 2017 21:11:10 14,079 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I see your point, but they did that before. Obsessed with tiny details and cinematics and whatnot, but failed to address the game's real problems, like AI, "standard cars", engine sounds etc. I used to be a great GT fan, but the series was repeatedly let down by an egregious lack of focus. Maybe I'll be proven wrong this time, but all that "Spielberg" stuff rings my alarm bells.

edit: that doesn't mean I wouldn't still choose GT over Forza every single time.

Edited by DrStrangelove at 21:13:50 28-09-2017
  • Bionic_Pixel 28 Sep 2017 21:30:56 187 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    DrStrangelove wrote:
    I see your point, but they did that before. Obsessed with tiny details and cinematics and whatnot, but failed to address the game's real problems, like AI, "standard cars", engine sounds etc. I used to be a great GT fan, but the series was repeatedly let down by an egregious lack of focus. Maybe I'll be proven wrong this time, but all that "Spielberg" stuff rings my alarm bells.

edit: that doesn't mean I wouldn't still choose GT over Forza every single time.
    I read ages ago they hired a sound designer from Forza to work on Gran Turismo. That might address some concerns. My main concern is the cars, as i haven't seen many that interest me. I'm not into all these super-dupa futuristic cars. What i really hope to see, is even better looking tracks.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 28 Sep 2017 22:19:57 19,710 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The engine sounds are decent now.
  • Carlo 7 Oct 2017 21:17:15 20,535 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Hang on, what have I just downloaded? Is it a preload for the game, or a preload for a demo of the game?

So confusing

Edited by Carlo at 21:36:05 07-10-2017
  • Malek86 7 Oct 2017 21:32:49 8,442 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Demo preload.

It's 43GB. Think it's the biggest demo I've ever seen. Almost like they are making you download the full game and then just dummying out what you can't access.
  • Carlo 7 Oct 2017 21:38:43 20,535 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    Demo preload.

It's 43GB. Think it's the biggest demo I've ever seen. Almost like they are making you download the full game and then just dummying out what you can't access.
    That's what I thought it would be. As I've ordered it, and was in the beta, I just thought they'd be able to let you preload delta changes off the beta, to the (what do I call this?) 'beta demo', which will just be patched on release day to the full game.

My understanding is whatever you do in this demo now progress-wise will be transferred to the full version... So why not the game itself?

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.