Following Xbox One X Page 199

• shuffles 21 Jun 2019 10:54:49 290 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Dang it!! I just watched the opening 15 minutes of Horizon Zero Dawn as well as the gameplay trailers for God Of War and Uncharted Lost Legacy.

Now I can't decide if I should trade in my Pro for an X.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Has anyone in this thread moved from a Pro to an X? What were your thoughts?
  • richardiox 21 Jun 2019 11:01:14 7,800 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    You can't play Horizon, God of War, Spiderman, Uncharted, Death Stranding or The Last of Us 2 on an X.

But X has GamePass, a huge back compatibility library (especially if you own digital 360 games) and will be the best places to play the forthcoming big multi platform titles like Cyberpunk.
  • Derblington 21 Jun 2019 11:30:57 32,137 posts
    Seen 48 seconds ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    ďBest placeĒ is irrelevant without the choice of each though - when youíre actually playing on either machine youíll have no idea whatís better or worse, and with the mid-gen. refreshes itís much harder to care. I say this as someone with both and gamepass, and having checked out the same games on both.
    I genuinely think stuff like DigiFoundry, while very technically informative, probably does more harm than good in a lot of cases.

Itís only really the original XOne thatís worth avoiding.

Otherwise itís just about picking the library you prefer. Gamepass has made it more relevant to take 3rd party into consideration because they offer a lot for cheap, but at the same time you have no idea what will or wonít be available there over time and PSNow offers some older titles too.
  • Spectral 21 Jun 2019 11:40:22 6,305 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    ďBest placeĒ is irrelevant without the choice of each though - when youíre actually playing on either machine youíll have no idea whatís better or worse, and with the mid-gen. refreshes itís much harder to care. I say this as someone with both and gamepass, and having checked out the same games on both.
    I genuinely think stuff like DigiFoundry, while very technically informative, probably does more harm than good in a lot of cases.

Otherwise itís just about picking the library you prefer. Gamepass has made it more relevant to take 3rd party into consideration because they offer a lot for cheap, but at the same time you have no idea what will or wonít be available there over time and PSNow offers some older titles too.
    Do you mean the original original or does that include the S? Been eyeing to an S to mess with the game pass stuff but can nowhere near justify an X.
  • richardiox 21 Jun 2019 11:43:06 7,800 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Derblington wrote:

Witcher 3 60fps mode on X but not on Pro = best place for example. I'd definitely know what version is "better" compares to if I played it on my Pro (which is my VR / Sony exclusives box).
  • Derblington 21 Jun 2019 11:46:40 32,137 posts
    Seen 48 seconds ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    S is fine if youíre not fussed about all the powah.

Iím not saying there arenít better versions, Iím saying if you donít get to choose where you buy each game itís irrelevant. They all work well on either.
    You wonít be sat there playing something on the PS4 and wishing you had it on the other without knowing what benefits that brings, and for 90%+ cases the difference isnít a big deal.

Edited by Derblington at 11:51:58 21-06-2019

Edited by Derblington at 11:52:14 21-06-2019
  • Technoishmatt 21 Jun 2019 11:57:38 3,616 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What have you played on your Pro? Those games as PS flagships. If you haven't played them already... do you care?
  • Ror 21 Jun 2019 12:27:40 19,037 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That's kind of where I am - I'm surprised you haven't already played through Horizon and Dad of Boy, shuffles :D Maybe play those and then do the trade? I haven't played Lost Legacy yet (Uncharted 4 kind of burnt me out), but God of War is good, and I really liked Horizon. You must be able to get them relatively cheap by now?
  • IronGiant 21 Jun 2019 14:09:15 5,978 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Ror wrote:
    That's kind of where I am - I'm surprised you haven't already played through Horizon and Dad of Boy, shuffles :D Maybe play those and then do the trade? I haven't played Lost Legacy yet (Uncharted 4 kind of burnt me out), but God of War is good, and I really liked Horizon. You must be able to get them relatively cheap by now?
    I cant recommended Lost Legacy highly enough, I found UC4 as great as it was dragged on a bit but LL was superb and just long enough.
  • ManicDrunkMonk 21 Jun 2019 14:13:13 545 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @IronGiant thatís interesting. I had some Uncharted fatigue after 4, but might grab LL when itís next on offer.
  • Phattso 21 Jun 2019 14:19:13 24,889 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Iíd echo the above: UC4 really tried my patience; but LL was excellently paced, varied, and didnít outstay itís welcome. Didnít miss Nate either.
  • Ror 21 Jun 2019 15:24:57 19,037 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I do own LL, I just haven't had the time for it yet. I was thinking of starting it after finishing God of War last week, but started Wolfenstein TNC on the X instead :)
  • Technoishmatt 21 Jun 2019 15:47:27 3,616 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Halo halo halo

Gears gears gears

Forza forza forza

Cloud kinect best pixels

There, balance restored.
  • SnackPlissken 21 Jun 2019 15:51:12 1,336 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Having just got an xbox I'm looking forward to skipping every cutscene of Halo and Gears. I'm baffled that anyone actually has vested interest in the stories of these two games. Just utter bollocks. Fun games though.

Edited by SnackPlissken at 15:51:36 21-06-2019
  • Technoishmatt 21 Jun 2019 15:52:54 3,616 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Halo ones are alright... they get proper gorgeous for the later ones.
  • Technoishmatt 21 Jun 2019 15:53:31 3,616 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    And some of the gears ones get emotional!
  • JamboWayOh 21 Jun 2019 16:00:32 15,740 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DOM!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
  • JamboWayOh 21 Jun 2019 16:02:24 15,740 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Actually I still wonder if we'll ever get a Halo 3 Anniversary? It's like my joint favourite Halo, with the og Halo.
  • Deleted user 21 June 2019 16:11:26
    @shuffles

Going from Vanilla PS4 to One X changed my life. Honestly, Game Pass + 4k has today reinvigorated my desire to play games.
  • robthehermit 21 Jun 2019 16:18:13 7,515 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Just a quick reminder, the Game Pass Ultimate offer runs out on the 30th June according to TA.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n37953/xbox-game-pass-ultimate-price-release-date-details
  • shuffles 21 Jun 2019 16:22:17 290 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @GoatApocalypse Interesting..........had you played all of Sony's exclusives first before making the move?
  • Deleted user 21 June 2019 16:40:54
    @shuffles

The last one I played was TLoU remastered. Couldn't be arsed with Horizon Zero Dawn.

To be honest, part of me thinks my tastes have just become more basic and I've regressed to my teenage years of wanting to play shooters, of which there are a great many on Xbox.
  • shuffles 21 Jun 2019 17:13:39 290 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @GoatApocalypse I think the draw of GamePass is a huge factor for me. I need to decide in the next 30 mins ha, no pressure!!
  • Ror 21 Jun 2019 18:10:17 19,037 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Actually I still wonder if we'll ever get a Halo 3 Anniversary? It's like my joint favourite Halo, with the og Halo.
    Maybe in 2027 :'(
  • ozthegweat 21 Jun 2019 19:27:28 2,342 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    Prey is the best game this gen.
    Someone gets it.
  • sherpa1984 21 Jun 2019 19:32:31 806 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SnackPlissken wrote:
    Having just got an xbox I'm looking forward to skipping every cutscene of Halo and Gears. I'm baffled that anyone actually has vested interest in the stories of these two games. Just utter bollocks. Fun games though.
    Ha, no way! Some games pull off the schlocky sci-fi very well! But then again Metal Gear solidís cutscene exposition is a guilty fave of mine which probably invalidates my opinion!!!
  • sherpa1984 21 Jun 2019 19:32:32 806 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SnackPlissken wrote:
    Ha, no way! Some games pull off the schlocky sci-fi very well! But then again Metal Gear solidís cutscene exposition is a guilty fave of mine which probably invalidates my opinion!!!
  • AboutHalfaStevas 21 Jun 2019 19:38:30 1,920 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I know I'm asking for a list and that's practically heresy here, but is there anything interesting in the pipeline, that isn't either gears, Forza or halo, that would hit game pass on release day?

The game pass ultimate deal has me interested in getting back into this system. I mean, if they'd BC'd CAVE's output I'd already be there... But that clearly isn't happening.
  • shuffles 21 Jun 2019 21:18:18 290 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I didnít sell it in the end. I just bought Uncharted Lost Legacy and the limited edition of Horizon ZD. Iím going to play through a few exclusives first like suggested and see what happens.

Funny, I was trying to convince myself earlier to get the X and I thought to myself, ĎI know where Iíll go. Iíll go to the Xbox thread. Theyíll tell me to ditch my Pro in an instantí, ha!

Damn all you sensible people with your sensible thoughts and actions.
  • shuffles 21 Jun 2019 21:20:13 290 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Itís cold on the other side of the wall. No no, I get it. Thereís no room at the inn. Thatís all you had to say. By the way, your lights are on, I know youíre home

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.