Following RESIDENT EVIL 7 Page 47

• drhcnip 8 Aug 2018 22:40:33 6,035 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    shit, all this is making me want to play it through again...anyone played the dlc? is it worth me getting the gold edition?
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 8 Aug 2018 22:53:45 7,497 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I enjoyed both bits of DLC but they're not really in the same tone of the main game. Both quicker paced and more action focussed. Good but different.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 8 Aug 2018 22:54:30 7,497 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I wish I could experience this for the first time again
  • wuntyphyve 8 Aug 2018 23:10:16 10,582 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My god I fucking love this. Greenhouse was mental.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 8 Aug 2018 23:18:19 7,497 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Greenhouse is possibly the best boss in any RE game for me. It was total panic and chaos, none of the measured dodging and firing you get most of the time.
  • wuntyphyve 8 Aug 2018 23:28:00 10,582 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Heh yeah. It was skin of the teeth stuff. Still not sure how i survived. Glorious terrifying chaos.
  • wuntyphyve 9 Aug 2018 08:56:35 10,582 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Wife and son were away last night. I realise I sat and played RE7 for 6 hours straight. Not honestly sure when I've ever done that. Maybe early days of Dark Souls 1 I had a session like that but I'm not sure. Just couldn't stop playing. I've just plunged my hand down the neck of a dead policeman before making my way to the master bedroom. I left it at the workshop. With no health, and no ammo. Again. They certainly nailed the survival as well as the horror. I always feel like I'm just scraping by, frantically looking for anything that will get me through the next bit of the game. Couldn't even face half of the molded I encountered since leaving the old house. Had to leg it. At least I"ve had a couple of health upgrades but... yeah. I need ammo.
  • quadfather 9 Aug 2018 09:06:18 32,261 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @wuntyphyve

:)

What difficulty setting do you have it on, out of interest?

Glad you're enjoying it - you're making me want to run through it again. Trouble is, once you've tried it in vr, you have to vr it again - 2d just isn't immersive enough and I'm honestly not sure if I have the balls again :)
  • wuntyphyve 9 Aug 2018 09:18:43 10,582 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm on Normal. Which is... Difficult! I'm not going to say how many tries I needed against Jack but it was a LOT. Marguerite was first time but Jack took a hell of a lot of goes. Although ironically given my dislike for blocking / parrying in soulsborne games, it was getting my blocking timing right that was the key to getting past him!
  • quadfather 9 Aug 2018 09:20:42 32,261 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @wuntyphyve

Cool.

Sooo...whereabouts are you again? It's difficult to talk about it without unintentionally giving spoilers unless I know exactly where you are. You've obviously got out of the main house yes?
  • RandolphCarter 9 Aug 2018 09:23:00 1,082 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    One factor of this game which, for me, stands head and shoulders above many other games is the ambient sound and just how good it is. The wind whistling through cracked window panes, the creaking floorboards and the dank, dripping pipes in the basement - it constantly had me on edge. The mold monsters are utterly terrifying. I switched the game off after my first encounter with one.

Probably my "game of the generation" - an unforgettable experience.
  • wuntyphyve 9 Aug 2018 12:03:09 10,582 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @quadfather Erm, I'm in the workshop in the basement (via the master bedroom). Just got one of two keys I need to open the gate beside the trailer. Looks like it's kids bedroom next... Mum and Dad are dead (I fucking hope) and looks like I will be next as my health is red, I have no med kits or ammo. Ha ha.
  • wuntyphyve 9 Aug 2018 12:04:14 10,582 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @RandolphCarter The sound is STILL shitting me up. Lots of random knockings and bangings everywhere. I can see it easily being one of the best games for me. It's pretty much everything I want in a game.
  • quadfather 9 Aug 2018 12:05:05 32,261 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @wuntyphyve

Haha

Is that the trailer gate that's outside, yes?

Heh, you're going to need an arm soon...
  • wuntyphyve 9 Aug 2018 12:51:29 10,582 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @quadfather I've got the arm!
  • quadfather 9 Aug 2018 13:50:27 32,261 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @wuntyphyve

Aha, that's the bit I wanted to see how you got on. That bit absolutely terrified me in VR :)
  • wuntyphyve 9 Aug 2018 14:08:56 10,582 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @quadfather going into the spooky bit? Or the boss fight before that? Both utterly shitted the fuck out of me.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 9 Aug 2018 14:23:07 7,497 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The sound is so good. In previous titles I've generally felt safe in areas I've previously passed through and cleared but this time I'm not sure I ever felt truly safe moving around the house and grounds
  • quadfather 9 Aug 2018 14:23:46 32,261 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    wuntyphyve wrote:
    @quadfather going into the spooky bit? Or the boss fight before that? Both utterly shitted the fuck out of me.
    The spooky bit. Fuck my top hat, it's spooky.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 9 Aug 2018 14:25:51 7,497 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I still think Beginning Hour is a masterpiece in being scary thanks to its sound and I know exactly what's happening in it
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 9 Aug 2018 14:32:26 15,211 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Will you all shut the fuck up, I'm trying my best not to buy it again to play in VR.
  • wuntyphyve 9 Aug 2018 14:47:34 10,582 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    wuntyphyve wrote:
    The spooky bit. Fuck my top hat, it's spooky.
    It's amazing that I got so creeped out so soon after an adrenaline filled encounter. The change of pace was done masterfully. Once I got the arm, turned and saw the girl just standing there beyond the passageway entrance, I suddenly found myself sitting on a brown throne of jobby. To then have molded rush at me in the darkness was enough for me to shit myself out a crown. Haven't been this on edge since FEAR.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 9 Aug 2018 14:49:33 7,497 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I have no idea who would play this in VR. That whole introductory section in the guest house would have shit me right up
  • wuntyphyve 9 Aug 2018 14:49:46 10,582 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hah, I just remembered picking up the teddy bear and all this black shit starts coming out it's mouth as I'm looking at it, freaky. Fuck you bear. Stuffed wanker.
  • wuntyphyve 9 Aug 2018 14:50:32 10,582 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It would be a no no for me in VR. I think my heart would just call it a day.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 9 Aug 2018 14:52:29 15,211 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    I have no idea who would play this in VR. That whole introductory section in the guest house would have shit me right up
    Yeah I've played beginning hour in VR. It actually hurt my heart. It still keeps tempting me to play it though.
  • wuntyphyve 9 Aug 2018 14:56:10 10,582 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The part when Mia comes crawling up the stairs out the dark would be my limit. Hell, that's if I made it that far.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 9 Aug 2018 14:57:29 15,211 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah that's definitely the worst part of the game for me.
  • wuntyphyve 9 Aug 2018 14:58:03 10,582 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Talking of which. I see that she's not dead. Ethan still wants to escape with her. Fuck. That. By all means get her out the house but I would be tempted to just pop her in the boot of the car and drive it into the sun.
  • quadfather 9 Aug 2018 15:25:01 32,261 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Decks

You really should give it a go in VR - it's a totally different experience

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.