Following Death Stranding Page 59

• 2dividedby0 18 Jan 2020 10:43:14 201 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    wuntyate wrote:
    @2dividedby0 can you remove your Joker spoiler please. I've not seen it yet either.
    Done.
  • 2dividedby0 18 Jan 2020 10:50:08 201 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    quadfather wrote:
    @2dividedby0

Regarding cliff - that will be explained to you. But not yet.
    Iím aware that BB is Cliffís baby. Cliffís wife appears to be dead from what I can tell having watched various scenes played during Samís lift journeys exiting the Bridges shower room.

Maybe Samís WW1 moments are triggered by BB. Iíll wait and see what happens at the end.

I found it odd that they included a life-size hologram of a Ludenís figure on one of the levels. This triggered a memory from the Hideo Kojima website, which features a Kojima Productions intro that features a whale jumping DS hologram style.

Edited by 2dividedby0 at 10:50:47 18-01-2020
  • quadfather 18 Jan 2020 11:28:11 36,410 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @2dividedby0

You have half of it right. The other half might come as a bit of a surprise.
  • quadfather 18 Jan 2020 11:28:44 36,410 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Also, looks like I don't need to see the Joker now either :/
  • monkman76 18 Jan 2020 11:38:59 16,062 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah thanks for that Mr 2.
  • ZuluHero 18 Jan 2020 12:51:26 8,641 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Kind of weird to just drop it in, you wouldn't have expected it in this thread.
  • mothercruncher 18 Jan 2020 14:54:55 17,622 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The bloody tar thing was obtuse, jeees.
  • 2dividedby0 18 Jan 2020 22:31:55 201 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Forget what i posted with regards one comment related to Joker. I could be wrong, as there are various ways to view Joker. There does not appear to be one answer. It needs to be viewed. I watched it at the cinema. Once the blu-ray drops i'll be picking it up, as it should be viewed multiple times.
  • mothercruncher 20 Jan 2020 14:23:20 17,622 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Ha ha!

Sam V Higgs, with the life bars and the overwrought music, amazeballs 👍👍
  • mothercruncher 20 Jan 2020 14:31:26 17,622 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Oh, God- it got better.
  • ZuluHero 20 Jan 2020 16:01:00 8,641 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Reminded me a lot of MGS1 with bare knuckle fight with liquid snake on top of Metal Gear :)
  • 2dividedby0 21 Jan 2020 16:00:36 201 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Death Stranding Status: Completed :)

My advice to others - donít rush through it. I took my time but wished I had took more time.

I think I was under the illusion the game map would be bigger than it is. Knowing what I know now, it makes sense spend more time with the game. I never did discover the man in the cave Kojima once mentioned. Did he die? or cannot he live? since I never located him.

Ep12 - Ep14 felt like one lone end sequence, with little interaction required by the player, other than a few button presses and a bit of walking. Why the need for two lots of credits? When the first lot of credits appear on the beach, it felt like the end. Maybe they had more spare time at the end to add the extra stuff, after which there are more credits.

Iíd rate Death Stranding as the no.1 game for the immersion factor of feeling of being somewhere where the mission really is meaningful. The character models are the most impressive Iíve seen on PS4

The Story: I'm still thinking it over.

Edited by 2dividedby0 at 16:01:55 21-01-2020
  • 2dividedby0 21 Jan 2020 16:06:54 201 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Ep15 eh? ..maybe i have not completed Death Stranding
  • wuntyate 21 Jan 2020 16:22:33 14,502 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @2dividedby0 Welcome to the End Game.
  • 2dividedby0 21 Jan 2020 16:52:16 201 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    wuntyate wrote:
    @2dividedby0 Welcome to the End Game.
    Completing all remaining side deliveries?
  • wuntyate 21 Jan 2020 16:57:49 14,502 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @2dividedby0 Yeah. It basically zaps you back two weeks before the inauguration (and subsequent BB crematorium business), so you can just faff about in the world and continue deliveries etc til you've had enough. Makes sense to do it that way as you're not exaclty in any position at the end - what with Lou now being out the pod etc - to continue deliveries. So now you can just do what you want until you're bored and want to move on to another game. Personally I parked it there and then as I felt that my time with the game was at a natural end.
  • 2dividedby0 22 Jan 2020 09:08:18 201 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    wuntyate wrote:
    @2dividedby0 Yeah. It basically zaps you back two weeks before the inauguration (and subsequent BB crematorium business), so you can just faff about in the world and continue deliveries etc til you've had enough. Makes sense to do it that way as you're not exaclty in any position at the end - what with Lou now being out the pod etc - to continue deliveries. So now you can just do what you want until you're bored and want to move on to another game. Personally I parked it there and then as I felt that my time with the game was at a natural end.
    What I donít understand, of which there is a lot to try to understand, when it comes to Death Stranding, is - Sam in habitís a world having been destroyed. There are Bridges buildings, with signs of construction work in progress. Where are the people performing the construction work?

Other than a handful of characters, Sam appears to inhabit the world alone. Who are the hologram people in the Bridges centres? presumably they are hanging out in their mini rooms. Why do they have to communicate via hologram? and not in person, face to face?

Although I have completed the game, it is good Ep15 exists. It reminds of MGSV with its option to go back and complete the uncompleted. There are still things to discover. I never did get to drive a 4x4. I never did get to use a zip wire. I never found a use for the post-box creations. I want to find the cave to see what became of the old guy assuming he exists. Of all the data sticks, I only ever found 2 of them.

Edited by 2dividedby0 at 09:08:29 22-01-2020
  • monkman76 22 Jan 2020 09:41:12 16,062 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The structures are 3D-printed from the gubbins that Sam carries. Obviously some suspension of disbelief is required!

You never used a zip line?! That does not compute.
  • ChiefGB 22 Jan 2020 09:52:13 12,402 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This place is an utter minefield of spoiler tags, which I get but it makes coming in here for those of us early doors a little pointless 🤣🤣. Good that itís sparking discussion though and intriguing as to whatís coming up.
  • wuntyate 22 Jan 2020 10:08:51 14,502 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @2dividedby0 There are other people, it's just that generally everyone is too scared to leave. You just need to assume that those Bridges buildings / Cities etc were built before the stranding. As you go through the game you see other porters you've inspired out delivering and you get emails saying you've inspired others to go out into the world. other than that everyone lives deep within their buildings.
  • 2dividedby0 22 Jan 2020 13:02:03 201 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    The structures are 3D-printed from the gubbins that Sam carries. Obviously some suspension of disbelief is required!

You never used a zip line?! That does not compute.
    I managed quite fine on foot or bike. Ladders and ropes helped also, not to mention walking gear. What with the Otter mask on head, i started to view the game as Walking Gear Solid ;D
  • 2dividedby0 22 Jan 2020 13:05:30 201 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    wuntyate wrote:
    @2dividedby0 There are other people, it's just that generally everyone is too scared to leave. You just need to assume that those Bridges buildings / Cities etc were built before the stranding. As you go through the game you see other porters you've inspired out delivering and you get emails saying you've inspired others to go out into the world. other than that everyone lives deep within their buildings.
    Suspension of disbelief is required. It seems somewhat odd, a country smashed to bits, but the materials to build what amount to smooth running nicely constructed Bridges centers didn't appear to pose a problem. Great game, that poses many questions.
  • monkman76 22 Jan 2020 13:44:29 16,062 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Or great game that is probably better if you don't think about it too hard...
  • wuntyate 22 Jan 2020 15:11:29 14,502 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @2dividedby0 Because of the porter network that existed prior to the game starting. It was only recently things got worse. My understanding is this doesn't take place just after the Death Stranding, but enough time after so that the world has adapted. That's why it's so ominous that the world is now heading to another extinction event. The Death Stranding was just the precursor.

But also, yeah. It's batshit. Don't think too hard.
  • Zidargh 24 Jan 2020 12:20:05 2,048 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Just completed Chapter 3 and I wanted to place my comments that apply to Kojima's brain in general.

Well that escalated quickly. But besides the Battlefield 1 cross-over. I'd like to speak to the 'package' you have to deliver to Fragile.

Now I can't tell if Kojima does this deliberately as some form of irony, or if he's a terrible storyteller. You get some creepy guy who hands you a package which is clearly not a good thing. The package flashes red within the distribution centre, so you know it's bad. Then if you review your cargo, it tells you that it's a thermonuclear bomb.

So why is there this sudden 'shock reveal' when you meet Fragile!?

If this was an attempt at plotting, then it's terrible. If it's Kojima just being weird because he can, then my hat goes off to him.

That said, I'm now even more intrigued so it's doing something right.
  • gooner77 30 Jan 2020 08:51:23 1,479 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Have just started Chapter 3 and I'm starting to get a sense of what the hell is good on.

There were quite a few cut scenes to get through from Chapter 2 to 3 presumably that increases for future chapters, knowing Kohima.
  • ZuluHero 30 Jan 2020 09:29:04 8,641 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Chapter 3 is the meat of the game, so you're good for cutscenes for a while! :)

Edited by ZuluHero at 09:29:16 30-01-2020
  • ZuluHero 30 Jan 2020 09:35:23 8,641 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    2dividedby0 wrote:
    wuntyate wrote:
    Suspension of disbelief is required. It seems somewhat odd, a country smashed to bits, but the materials to build what amount to smooth running nicely constructed Bridges centers didn't appear to pose a problem. Great game, that poses many questions.
    There are cities - you just don't get to see them - the first City is Capital Knot City (Presumable Washington) at the start. Then when you cross the lake you see another. Lake Knot City. This time the distribution centre is right by the walls - if you walk up to them you can hear people talking, traffic and construction etc. I think there are 6 main cities in total.

In the more rural areas, people are holed up underground, afraid to come to the surface because of the chiralium poisoning and BTs etc.
  • Singularity 12 Feb 2020 10:36:11 3,238 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Man, I am loving this so, so much. I'm on chapter 5 and about 35 hours in now, and I'm really taking my time with it. Last night I spent about three hours just finishing the motorways from Lake Knot City down to South Knot City. I'm loving 5 starring the various camps, although I had managed to totally miss the Collector, and he's so stingy with his likes I'm considering role-playing and leaving him on the two and a bit stars hes given me so far.

I'm trying to delay my first trip into the snowy mountains (my motorway building has me almost up to the gas station (maybe?) on the way up there, as I'm genuinely looking forward to it and want to delay the gratification a bit. I've also realised that I didn't do much in the first area as getting to the wind farm had been a bit traumatic, so I might go back now I have loads of BT-destroying kit.

It's right up there with Dark Souls as one of my favourite games of all time now. It ticks all my boxes, and it's mostly less scary than DS!

It's also made me remember I only got about 10 minutes into Phantom Pain, so will totally go back to that after this. In fact, this is really the first PS4 game I've made the time to play since Spidey and God of War, as I tend to do my gaming on the Switch on my commute.

Edited by Singularity at 10:36:25 12-02-2020
  • Singularity 9 Mar 2020 11:35:43 3,238 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    65 hours, and done. Absolutely love it, craziness and all. Think I'll go back and read this thread now, and will be carrying on with it and might try and get a platinum, depending on what sort of ridiculousness that requires. I have Control ready to go next, but I'm really not done with this yet. I love it so much.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.