Following Death Stranding Page 60

Next Last
  • IronGiant 9 Mar 2020 11:53:30 6,065 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Got my copy ready for when I'm done with Days Gone :)
  • HookJaw 9 Mar 2020 16:20:08 299 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    About 40 hours into this, and it's been surprisingly brilliant. On paper, it sounds absolutely dire - hell, even watching reviews makes it look boring. It's not until you actually play it can you appreciate how finely tuned the game actually is.

I will be honest, though - the BTs are more annoying than challenging. Luckily, you don't encounter them too often.

On a side note, the world and mechanics would be perfect for a hiking/mountaineering sim. Having to balance the weight ratio of your backpack: food supply, water, climbing equipment, wet weather equipment, cooking gear etc along with real world map reading skills is something that I think I would enjoy.

Throw in the usual perils of environmental danger, unpredictable weather and wild animals and I'd be hooked! Hell....make it a vast world with a limited online element where you can meet random players and share info/supplies like in DayZ and I think you'd have a decent game.
  • jonnygeddie 2 Apr 2020 14:09:45 1 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    Hi folks,

I've in the last couple days completed Death Stranding up to Episode 15 along with completing every road, and setting myself up a series of zip lines across the mountainous region to allow extremely efficient travelling. Took a long time but worth it!

I'm now wondering about joining the online/multiplayer gaming side as I've just purchased my playstation plus membership.

What are the benefits to joining up considering I've already completed the infrastructure and only half 1 prepper left to 5 star (which should take an hour later today)?

Can my zipline/bridges etc be deleted? I assume players can build new things but theres very little bandwidth left on my game now.

Do you see other players on your maps?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks folks
  • mothercruncher 2 Apr 2020 16:08:45 17,622 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    You may see structures other players have built when you load up- they’re green as opposed to your white markers, and they’re free in that they don’t cost any of your bandwidth. What you see if based off the players who you’ve made a connection with, strand contracts iirc.
    You can delete other peoples’ structures from your world, it doesn’t affect theirs, and visa versa.
    There’s also some minor busywork around ordering up deliveries from other players.
  • PierrePressure 2 Apr 2020 17:14:33 1,040 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Completed this a few weeks back and I was really surprised at how well I got on with it. I became addicted to building the roads, zip line placement and getting the different rewards from the bunkers.

Only thing I had a real issue with is the story, I thought there was some really interesting elements in there but due to Kojima's typical idiosyncrasies, it left me wondering what the hell was going on at times.

I only really appreciate his stories when I read up on them online which I shouldn't have to.

I'm really looking forward to what he does next though :-)
  • 2dividedby0 2 Apr 2020 18:20:05 201 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    HookJaw wrote:
    About 40 hours into this, and it's been surprisingly brilliant. On paper, it sounds absolutely dire - hell, even watching reviews makes it look boring. It's not until you actually play it can you appreciate how finely tuned the game actually is.

I will be honest, though - the BTs are more annoying than challenging. Luckily, you don't encounter them too often.

On a side note, the world and mechanics would be perfect for a hiking/mountaineering sim. Having to balance the weight ratio of your backpack: food supply, water, climbing equipment, wet weather equipment, cooking gear etc along with real world map reading skills is something that I think I would enjoy.

Throw in the usual perils of environmental danger, unpredictable weather and wild animals and I'd be hooked! Hell....make it a vast world with a limited online element where you can meet random players and share info/supplies like in DayZ and I think you'd have a decent game.
    I don't think the game would have sold nearly as many copies as it did if the sales pitched included the words 'postman' 'pat' 'mountain-climbing' which is what Death Stranding amounts to. Slap the name Kojima on it, and make it sound all the more important 'Rebuilding America' and you have a winner!

I have completed Death Stranding, and i admire the sense of being in the thick of it, it being a situation, and the sense of struggle, the sense of life and death while climbing snow covered mountains. It is in the tiny details Death Stranding excels.
  • damiendada 6 Apr 2020 14:52:42 24 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    After a little over 10 hours of play I am disappointed. I was expecting something else, something more dynamic and richer. There it is very empty, and must be said: we are bored a little.

Edited by damiendada at 23:22:26 08-04-2020
  • Rum_Monkey 16 Apr 2020 12:26:28 623 posts
    Seen 50 seconds ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Started this last night and I'm pretty blown away so far. The graphics are absolutely incredible and it seems weird and freaky enough.

Havent actually got to play that much yet as it's so cutscene heavy at the start, but so far so good.

Seems different enough from everything else out there that I can't wait to my next session with it.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.