Following Post Poll... Britain decided to... Page 830

  • JamboWayOh 6 Dec 2017 18:48:56 6,198 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Oh and 2o4ds.... this isn't a tone I'd normally take, but you're too stupid to even try to explain all of this to.

    Or too much of a troll. I really hope it's that one, because dear god, you'd have to be incredibly dim to post what you've been posting here otherwise.
    As I've previously named him and it's apt, he's definitely 2dense4disshit.
  • reviewer 6 Dec 2017 18:52:45 4,966 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Whilst he may be a troll there are plenty it there that are saying what he's saying, or even more stupid.

    There's rarely any point in engaging in any discussion on brexit now as the majority of people know so little that they dismiss any issues, the rest just think it's lies or people are just making hard work of it.

    Assume the worst, plan for the worst, hope for the best.
  • Psychotext 7 Dec 2017 00:35:33 62,854 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago












    ...and many, many more.

    Edited by Psychotext at 00:40:03 07-12-2017
  • grey_matters 7 Dec 2017 03:18:35 4,367 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Psychotext

    Some genuine quality in there alright.
  • Minimoog 7 Dec 2017 08:19:22 65 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    First post(oh no not another one I here you say!) :) I've lurked this thread for a while and couldn't help but jump in.

    I'm going to give my input as a citizen of Northern Ireland.

    Firstly yes the DUP have some mad dog and backward ideas, they have never been any different and we in Norn Iron tend to reluctantly accept that based on the fact that their core ideology has the preservation of the Union at Heart.

    Whilst it not be an issue for those on the mainland Uk for us in Northern Ireland the opportunism currently being exploited by the Irish government is unacceptable and provocative.

    The simple fact of the matter is the Irish Government has always had an agenda for the reunification of Ireland and by pushing for Northern Ireland to be treated separatley from the rest of the Uk it is another small step towards this goal.

    This is obviously unacceptable to a significant number of the Northern Irish population and there-fore it is fully understandable that the majority party the DUP should raise objections. That is what they are elected for.

    I think that labelling DUP supporters as ignorant and uneducated is a little unfair and things need to be taken in context with the ongoing (non-violent)struggle between nationalists and unionists on the subject of Irish unity.

    Europe has numerous border issues that have been resolved amicably and no doubt this will to, but not through a diktat imposed by Ireland.

    Anyway got that off my chest

    Peace and Love to all :)
  • Salaman 7 Dec 2017 08:36:42 23,034 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Minimoog wrote:
    Peace & Love to all :)
    Fixed that for you.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 7 Dec 2017 08:40:00 6,206 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    Minimoog wrote:
    Peace & Love to all :)
    Fixed that for you.
  • Armoured_Bear 7 Dec 2017 08:50:46 21,962 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Minimoog
    IIRC DUP aren’t a majority party.
    how do you suggest the border issue is resolved?
  • disusedgenius 7 Dec 2017 08:54:59 9,068 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    To be honest, it really does seem easier to just give them NI. It's not like Ireland are going to go on a Protestant killing spree suddenly.
  • Minimoog 7 Dec 2017 09:00:18 65 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    @Armoured_Bear


    It's not something I've really had time to consider. I do intend when I get a free moment to do a bit of reading up on solutions presented elsewhere. How-ever the current solution seems somewhat naive given the position of Scotland for example re Brexit. It just opens a can of worms.....
  • Dougs 7 Dec 2017 09:12:35 85,200 posts
    Seen 20 seconds ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Isn't the position that regulatory alignment would apply across the UK, not just in NI?
  • Minimoog 7 Dec 2017 09:26:29 65 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    @Dougs

    From my understanding the idea was for Northern Ireland to adhere to the same trade rules as the Republic, leaving it technically in the EU and treated separately from the rest of the UK. Hard to tell though as the MP's don't seem to have much of a clue :)
  • reviewer 7 Dec 2017 09:44:11 4,966 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Isn't the position that regulatory alignment would apply across the UK, not just in NI?
    That was my understanding of it, although NI understood it differently because the wording was a bit vague.

    I can't see how else it can work without a hard border.
  • 2old4disshit 7 Dec 2017 09:44:46 531 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Psychotext wrote:
    Oh and 2o4ds.... this isn't a tone I'd normally take, but you're too stupid to even try to explain all of this to.

    Or too much of a troll. I really hope it's that one, because dear god, you'd have to be incredibly dim to post what you've been posting here otherwise.
    As I've previously named him and it's apt, he's definitely 2dense4disshit.
    You are quite the comedian.

    Psycho- My point was that people lease cars, but I guess that went over your head.

    You couldnt explain your way out of a paper bag. Thats the problem with you remainers, you think you're superior.
  • LittleSparra 7 Dec 2017 09:48:40 7,926 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So, your point is... Cars being more expensive doesn't matter because some people rent them.

    Right?
  • chopsen 7 Dec 2017 09:52:30 19,993 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Isn't the position that regulatory alignment would apply across the UK, not just in NI?
    Not initially. The idea that May hatched was NI regulatory alignment. The implication that the rUK wouldn't be obliged to, but it wasn't made explicit.

    Within minutes, DUP read between the lines and saw the risk of that causing division between NI and rUK which is absolutely a red line for them. (Unless it's in their favour)

    This then prompted Labour and SNP (and others) to ask: well hang on, why not have regulatory alignment for UK as a whole then?

    Then used car salesman Davis said: yeah. That could happen.

    So labour went: fine lets stay in CU and SM then!
  • reviewer 7 Dec 2017 09:53:18 4,966 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Makes sense. The cost of the car doesn't make a difference to the lease price, that's why you can lease a Ferrari or Skoda for the same amount.
  • chopsen 7 Dec 2017 09:55:00 19,993 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah. Companies that lease out cars can actually obtain any car for exactly the same price. They only charge different prices because of the Rental Of Cars At Different Prices for No Good Reason Act (1993).
  • sport 7 Dec 2017 09:56:20 14,212 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just picked up my Ferrari Octavia today.
  • DamoVotf 7 Dec 2017 09:56:28 1,299 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Minimoog wrote:
    First post(oh no not another one I here you say!) :) I've lurked this thread for a while and couldn't help but jump in.

    I'm going to give my input as a citizen of Northern Ireland.

    Firstly yes the DUP have some mad dog and backward ideas, they have never been any different and we in Norn Iron tend to reluctantly accept that based on the fact that their core ideology has the preservation of the Union at Heart.

    Whilst it not be an issue for those on the mainland Uk for us in Northern Ireland the opportunism currently being exploited by the Irish government is unacceptable and provocative.

    The simple fact of the matter is the Irish Government has always had an agenda for the reunification of Ireland and by pushing for Northern Ireland to be treated separatley from the rest of the Uk it is another small step towards this goal.

    This is obviously unacceptable to a significant number of the Northern Irish population and there-fore it is fully understandable that the majority party the DUP should raise objections. That is what they are elected for.

    I think that labelling DUP supporters as ignorant and uneducated is a little unfair and things need to be taken in context with the ongoing (non-violent)struggle between nationalists and unionists on the subject of Irish unity.

    Europe has numerous border issues that have been resolved amicably and no doubt this will to, but not through a diktat imposed by Ireland.

    Anyway got that off my chest

    Peace and Love to all :)
    Im Norn Irish as well, and from the read of this the 'other' side.

    I don't live there anymore but for me, I really don't think the Republic wants the cash burden that is Norn Ireland. What it does want is the border open to trade.

    People keep saying to me how 50% of the Republic's exports go to the UK, I was wondering what % of that 50 is actually just trade with Northern Ireland.

    I can understand your frustration and can totally see the risk you perceive that if the North is left out of Brexit, its a short step to a united Ireland but for me the North should be focused on getting the best deal it can, trade with Europe and the UK. It could be the real way to solve the poverty issues there.

    But agreed with you, Peace and Love.
  • DamoVotf 7 Dec 2017 09:59:03 1,299 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    2old4disshit wrote:
    Psycho- My point was that people lease cars, but I guess that went over your head.

    You couldnt explain your way out of a paper bag. Thats the problem with you remainers, you think you're superior.
    Haha owned by your own quote, and then we cant explain our way out of a paper bag.
  • elstoof 7 Dec 2017 10:03:15 19,774 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    People don’t lease cars either, they buy them on PCP deals and end up spending more money than they otherwise would because of interest and trading in just after paying for the worst of the depreciation. So basically, we’re spending something like 50% more on the car than if you bought outright and kept it for 10 years, and once the pound hits rock bottom and there’s extra tarrifs to pay, that’ll go up to 100% or whatever.
  • Psychotext 7 Dec 2017 10:30:38 62,854 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    2old4disshit wrote:
    Psycho- My point was that people lease cars, but I guess that went over your head.

    You couldnt explain your way out of a paper bag. Thats the problem with you remainers, you think you're superior.
    What's especially amusing here was that my post wasn't in relation to your random brain dribble about car buying.

    On the subject though, I'm doubly amused that you somehow think that the increased tariffs would affect purchases, but not leases.

    Because leases are magical money that wont be taxed right? Is that how it works?

    Edit - I've been soundly beaten to the point by other posters. :D

    Here, have a couple more Brexit front pages to make up for it.





    Edited by Psychotext at 10:35:42 07-12-2017
  • Porko_Rossi 7 Dec 2017 10:56:20 79 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    UK brexit assessment = copy & paste from European parliament brexit impact website with some amendments in the interest of getting a 'good' deal.
    http://www.europarl.europa.eu/unitedkingdom/en/ukevents/brexit/brexitstudies.html
  • 2old4disshit 7 Dec 2017 10:57:57 531 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    LittleSparra wrote:
    So, your point is... Cars being more expensive doesn't matter because some people rent them.

    Right?
    Silly questions will get silly answers. I'm not going to seriously engage with someone who thinks that we're going to start making all cars from British steel after Brexit.

    Perhaps cars will cost more after Brexit or perhaps they wont.
  • Armoured_Bear 7 Dec 2017 10:59:13 21,962 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    2old4disshit wrote:
    LittleSparra wrote:
    So, your point is... Cars being more expensive doesn't matter because some people rent them.

    Right?
    Silly questions will get silly answers. I'm not going to seriously engage with someone who thinks that we're going to start making all cars from British steel after Brexit.

    Perhaps cars will cost more after Brexit or perhaps they wont.
    Explain how they could cost less please.
  • 2old4disshit 7 Dec 2017 11:02:38 531 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    2old4disshit wrote:
    Psycho- My point was that people lease cars, but I guess that went over your head.

    You couldnt explain your way out of a paper bag. Thats the problem with you remainers, you think you're superior.
    What's especially amusing here was that my post wasn't in relation to your random brain dribble about car buying.

    On the subject though, I'm doubly amused that you somehow think that the increased tariffs would affect purchases, but not leases.

    Because leases are magical money that wont be taxed right? Is that how it works?

    Edit - I've been soundly beaten to the point by other posters. :D

    Here, have a couple more Brexit front pages to make up for it.

    Nope, didnt say anything about leases not being affected.
  • Psychotext 7 Dec 2017 11:02:41 62,854 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Maybe we'll make them out of marmalade?

    Here's Ford and Honda's opinion, but what do they know?

    But the costs of complying with additional paperwork and checks risk disruption to businesses and their supply chains because of the schedules involved in running manufacturing plants, the carmakers warned.

    In one example, Honda said that a delay of as little as 15 minutes to each truck that passes through Dover would add £850,000 to its annual running costs.

    Other costs, including building warehouses to store extra components in case deliveries were delayed, would add “tens of millions of pounds in extra costs annually”.

    Ford warned over the huge volume of paperwork required even for basic customs checks. It said that engines exported from Dagenham to Germany for Fiesta cars would require 20,000 separate declarations.

    2old4disshit wrote:
    Nope, didnt say anything about leases not being affected.
    Sure you didn't. You just tried to imply it.

    You're not very good at this are you? You have any other strawmen you want to set up whilst you're here?

    Edited by Psychotext at 11:04:58 07-12-2017
  • thelzdking 7 Dec 2017 11:05:55 7,452 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's amazing how much thickos overestimate their own intellect.
  • JamboWayOh 7 Dec 2017 11:06:32 6,198 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    2old4disshit wrote:
    LittleSparra wrote:
    So, your point is... Cars being more expensive doesn't matter because some people rent them.

    Right?
    Silly questions will get silly answers. I'm not going to seriously engage with someone who thinks that we're going to start making all cars from British steel after Brexit.

    Perhaps cars will cost more after Brexit or perhaps they wont.
    Or normal questions get poorly thought, reductive answers because that's all you've been giving when someone has asked you a question.

    I can definitely believe there are some positive reasons for Brexit but you ramblings haven't really convinced me. Your initials wouldn't happen to be DD would they?

    Edited by JamboWayOh at 11:07:15 07-12-2017
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.