Post Poll... Britain decided to... Page 924

• KnuttinAtoll 11 Jul 2018 09:13:12 5,907 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    np, maybe post a screenshot next time. Sometimes I'm curious what that corner of humanity thinks if just for shits'n'giggles.
  • askew 11 Jul 2018 09:15:18 17,351 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Its ok guys, Theresa has got this.

https://t.co/I9qlxHV27A?amp=1

Warning : article from the Sun rag
    /me hoards frazzles
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Jul 2018 09:18:10 23,964 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This is going to kill Scotland, first they had to stockpile the last of the full sugar Irn-Bru, then weeks and weeks of taps aff weather, now more stockpiling of tinned haggis to cope with.
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Jul 2018 09:21:31 23,964 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    https://twitter.com/guyverhofstadt/status/1016623712282570752?s=21

Guy is right again.
    Such a shame the UKs politicians are arseholes, almost to a man.
  • Deleted user 11 July 2018 09:27:23
    I wonder how much of that is due to the "shy Tory" effect in a more general sense though. The UK is absolutely full of the "I'm not a racist, but..." brigade, and many will automatically twig that they're being probed about racism when they're asked about the impact of migrants.
  • KnuttinAtoll 11 Jul 2018 09:31:21 5,907 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FilthyAnimal wrote:
    I wonder how much of that is due to the "shy Tory" effect in a more general sense though. The UK is absolutely full of the "I'm not a racist, but..." brigade, and many will automatically twig that they're being probed about racism when they're asked about the impact of migrants.
    Or when they go on about immigrants but then realise they're speaking to one, then pull the "oh but you're different/we don't mean you" card.
  • Deleted user 11 July 2018 09:58:06
    Had an interesting and difficult conversation with my Brexit-voting mother yesterday evening to try and impose upon her yet again the fact that unless Brexit is reversed or it is a very soft Brexit (i.e. Norwegian model), the chances are that we won't be coming over to the UK again (every few years at best) and she probably won't be able to afford to come over here.

Doesn't seem to have sunk in as she's still convinced that the EU won't dare upset the mighty Great Britain and that the EU will cave in and give the Brexiteers everything they want.

Actual quote:

Me: "You do realise that there's a very real risk that my driver's licence won't be valid in the UK, anymore?" [Footnote: I got my licence in Germany]

Her: "Oh, stop being so pessmistic, it'll sort itself out, the EU doesn't want to lose all the UK business."

Me: "And that the cost of travel and insurance is likely to be many times more expensive?"

Her: "Look, if you don't want to come over anymore that's up to you, but don't blame it on the country that clothed and fed you."

Utterly depressing.

Edited by FilthyAnimal at 10:01:20 11-07-2018
  • Deleted user 11 July 2018 10:00:38
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    Or when they go on about immigrants but then realise they're speaking to one, then pull the "oh but you're different/we don't mean you" card.
    There's also another weird argument going on where Brexit voters say that they don't mind the Europeans coming in, it's all the benefit-scrounging Muslims they want out and that's why they voted for Brexit.

Utterly priceless in its stupidity.
  • fontgeeksogood 11 Jul 2018 10:09:17 2,200 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    I still don't blame the people who voted for that - they've always been small-minded arseholes. But they should never have been given the power or fed the bullshit to allow them to believe that's what they were voting for.
  • Psychotext 11 Jul 2018 10:28:39 63,654 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    FilthyAnimal wrote:
    Her: "Look, if you don't want to come over anymore that's up to you, but don't blame it on the country that clothed and fed you."
    lol, fucking wow.
  • DamoVotf 11 Jul 2018 10:32:52 1,385 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I wanna slap ur mum but my father in law is the same.

Votes for Brexit and then buys a flat in Spain and complains about the weakness of the pound.....
  • quadfather 11 Jul 2018 10:54:27 32,883 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    We had similar conversations at our local over the weekend. I've given up speaking to some people. It's wall to wall idiocy.
  • elstoof 11 Jul 2018 10:54:47 21,023 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    On the plus side, well have regressed so far back in time that driving licenses etc will all be handwritten on parchment and thus easily forged/bought from blokes in the pub for pennies
  • senso-ji 11 Jul 2018 10:56:54 8,852 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/entertainment-arts-44789663/why-john-cleese-is-leaving-the-uk-for-nevis
  • challenge_hanukkah 11 Jul 2018 10:59:34 7,699 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Isn't Cleese a vocal brexiteer?
  • senso-ji 11 Jul 2018 11:03:18 8,852 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    He was? Seems to have stuck the boot into the Brexit camp in that interview.
  • Not-a-reviewer 11 Jul 2018 11:04:33 5,284 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    There is no point trying to convince anyone of either side. Everyone is fixed in their views now, all arguments have been made.
  • elstoof 11 Jul 2018 11:06:20 21,023 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    Isn't Cleese a vocal brexiteer?
    Yep
  • challenge_hanukkah 11 Jul 2018 11:13:05 7,699 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    He can get in the sea with the rest of the cunts.
  • nickthegun 11 Jul 2018 11:15:01 74,968 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I rang my dad last night for a catch up and he gave me the wetherspoons approved 'cheaper food after brexit' nonsense.

'Well, food is going to be cheaper after brexit now we don't have to pay the massive tarrifs to bring food into the EU'

'we only import 20% of our food from outside. We either make the rest or import it from the EU'

'No, it will be cheaper'

'even if we did import enough to be worth it, brexit will devalue the pound to the point that it will outstrip the savings'

'no, the pound won't devalue any more'

'......so, anyway, like I said, how's gran?'
  • AboutHalfaStevas 11 Jul 2018 11:21:31 935 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I no longer talk with my parents about this.
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Jul 2018 11:23:30 23,964 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    John Cleese is a complete arsehole, the senile old cock can do one.
  • fontgeeksogood 11 Jul 2018 11:28:08 2,200 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    I'm not sure why we expect people to admit they've fucked the country, even if Brexit somehow turns into an unlikely glowing economic success down the line most Remainers wouldn't admit it wasn't anything other than a fucking disaster. Fucking Cameron, all this just to settle a score about who had to wank who off at Eton.

Twat
  • TheSaint 11 Jul 2018 11:28:37 17,936 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    senso-ji wrote:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/entertainment-arts-44789663/why-john-cleese-is-leaving-the-uk-for-nevis
    I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with it being a sunny tax haven.
  • nickthegun 11 Jul 2018 11:40:22 74,968 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    To save a bit of time, he should just buy the first local girl he meets a house and give her his credit card.
  • Deleted user 11 July 2018 12:02:56
    One thing I've often found funny is the way people completely fail to understand the see-saw act of the FTSE against the valuation of the pound.

Every time the pound drops, the FTSE is up, and Brexiteers cheer about how the British economy is doing splendidly because British companies are doing so well.

Every time the pound appreciates, the FTSE is down, and Brexiteers cheer about how the British economy is doing splendidly because the pound is so strong.

What a bunch of fucking cocknobblers. How is it that they don't realise that the bulk of the assets of the FTSE 50 companies are denominated in other currencies (principally dollars and euros), so that if the pound appreciates against those currencies, those FX holdings are worth less (hence the fall in market capitalisation) and vice versa?
  • TheSaint 11 Jul 2018 12:07:28 17,936 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Stop worrying about that and go and visit your mum while you still can.
  • Dougs 11 Jul 2018 12:10:43 86,487 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    AboutHalfaStevas wrote:
    I no longer talk with my parents about this.
    This. I haven't since the referendum. I got out of a meeting yesterday to find a rant from my wife after she got caught up in an argument with my mum about it. All May's fault, and she wanted to remain so is going to kill it and we should leave because of the imagrunts. And it was fine in the 60s and 70s, so it will be fine again.
  • Deleted user 11 July 2018 12:12:59
    TheSaint wrote:
    Stop worrying about that and go and visit your mum while you still can.
    Well, thanks to a sharp drop in income from my work (which is dependent on UK-EU trade), I can't afford to do that either.
  • nickthegun 11 Jul 2018 12:22:02 74,968 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I try to avoid talking about it with my dad but he Trojan Horses it into every conversation just to wind me up.

All I said for this one was that I might have to go in a sec as Asda were due any minute with the big shop.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.