Post Poll... Britain decided to... Page 925

• challenge_hanukkah 11 Jul 2018 12:28:39 8,841 posts
    Seen 19 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My Mum is openly embarrassed about her vote to leave and is quite emotional about her remorse over it.

Dad I think was at first in the "It's just not being implemented properly, the BBC are biased in their reporting, if only the remoaners would pull together with us" camp, but I think now he quietly accepts that it's massive, unworkable disaster. He'll never admit it though and just avoids talk of it altogether.

Edited by challenge_hanukkah at 14:06:10 11-07-2018
  • AboutHalfaStevas 11 Jul 2018 12:34:17 1,181 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Oh, yeah, I keep forgetting that.

I mean, I say I no longer talk about it with them... But do they ever find ways to make that difficult. Literally any topic can turn in a way that completely blindsides me.

If they weren't my parents I would already be avoiding all contact, frankly.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 11 Jul 2018 12:43:28 17,182 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    My mother is pro brexit and doesn't think much of people from the middle east. My dad is remain and fairly chilled about most stuff. They're both united in their hatred of Jeremy Corbyn though. I have the odd argument with my mam (the last one started by me saying I didn't give a shit about the royal wedding) but most of the time we avoid talking about it.
  • Psychotext 11 Jul 2018 13:24:33 64,180 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    But why didn't you care about the royal wedding Decks? You're a horrible son. Should be ashamed.
  • challenge_hanukkah 11 Jul 2018 13:25:51 8,841 posts
    Seen 19 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My parents presented a united front on thinking the royal wedding should should be bundled into a cement coffin and fired into the Atlantic.
  • sport 11 Jul 2018 13:30:51 14,687 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    But why didn't you care about the royal wedding Decks? You're a horrible son. Should be ashamed.
    Please don't repeat anything from user Decks from now on - he's finally on ignore.
  • JamboWayOh 11 Jul 2018 13:46:34 10,293 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I don't talk about it with my mum anymore, thats more on her side tbh as I think she's beginning to finally realise it's all a piece of shit and that we have absolutely fucking idiots steering this ship. She absolutely loved May and I always had to keep telling she's fucking useless, she did fuck all useful as Home Secretary during her tenure and she was going to prove just as useless as PM. When the penny dropped that May and her colleagues were as useful as a chocolate teapot she dropped all conversation about the subject of brexit.
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Jul 2018 13:55:55 24,977 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    How the fuck could anyone love May?
    Horrendous speaker, charmless and incompetent.
  • Mr_Sleep 11 Jul 2018 14:00:04 22,014 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    How the fuck could anyone love May?
    Horrendous speaker, charmless and incompetent.
    Plus she shambles around like Willem Defoe playing Nosferatu.

My parents were both leave voters but I don't think either really know why apart from that my dad reads the wrong media and my mum tends to follow his lead. I haven't really engaged with him that much about it as I am half convinced he only voted that way to troll me and my brother.
  • nickthegun 11 Jul 2018 14:05:30 75,874 posts
    Seen 41 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Because, initially, old people assumed she would be Thatcher MK2, she talked a good game and she had already done some crowd pleasing awfulness in her political career.

And, even though she is as useful as a sack of cocks, she is very much the Davis Moyes of Tories. I don't think anyone would have made a good job of this country committing economic suicide.
  • RyanDS 11 Jul 2018 14:09:00 12,273 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    My Mum is openly embarrassed about her vote to leave and is quite emotional about her remorse over it.

Dad I think was at first in the "It's just not being implemented properly, the BBC are biased in their reporting, if only the remoaners would pull together with us" camp, but I think now he quietly accepts that it's massive, unworkable disaster. He'll never admit it though and just avoids talk of it altogether.
    Are you me?

That is the exact situation I am in. Mom upset she fucked over our future. Dad has gone from "you'll see, it is the right choice" to just avoiding ever being around a discussion.
  • challenge_hanukkah 11 Jul 2018 14:11:27 8,841 posts
    Seen 19 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    His internalised shame is the only thing that stops me booking Dignitas.
  • mothercruncher 11 Jul 2018 14:41:38 15,554 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The older generation, baby boomers etc, great saving rates, free education, cast iron pensions the like of which weíll never see again, ever increasing house prices and theyíve inexplicably instated an Edinburgh Woolen Mill in every town. And now theyíve truly fucked future generations with this ignorant, selfish vote.

Hate an old person today- itís the right thing to do.
  • reddevil93 11 Jul 2018 16:25:17 14,730 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Facebook given the maximum possible fine by the ICO for their mishandling of data. Cambridge Analytica being charged with criminal offences. BeLeave and LeaveEU being investigated for sharing private date with a Canadian firm associated with CA - Aggregate IQ.

Aaron Banks being investigated for sharing data from his private insurance company with the Leave campaigns as well as having staff members make calls on behalf of the campaign in the weeks leading up to the referendum.

More and more evidence pointing to the fact that millions of people's personal information made it's way to bad actors in Russia who propeganda to divide both the UK and the USA. Yet no one gives two shits because the World Cup is on :)

Putin must be laughing his tits off.
  • senso-ji 11 Jul 2018 16:27:03 8,954 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    All of the UK's problems will clearly be solved when football comes home, just you watch...
  • JamboWayOh 11 Jul 2018 16:57:52 10,293 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    senso-ji wrote:
    All of the UK's problems will clearly be solved when football comes home, just you watch...
    Yeah what's that about? I've seen a shedload of articles all talking about winning the world cup will unite us. Fuck off will it, it'll most likely give further fire to the gammon brigade. England Vs France final and winning is basically a masturbatory fantasy for a lot of cunts and will be used time and time again as analogy for how we don't need Europe and how they all fell by our might. Richard Littlejohn will no doubt be having an epileptic fit of joy.
  • THFourteen 11 Jul 2018 17:59:21 50,237 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Besides itís coming home to ENGLAND not the UK.
  • RobAnybody 11 Jul 2018 20:15:25 1,617 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted
  • spamdangled 11 Jul 2018 20:56:18 31,738 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I honestly don't see how winning a game about kicking a stuffed bit of leather between two posts has anything to do with navigating a massively complex issue which has the potential to fuck our economy. But I keep hearing the same thing - that we will all be ok if we win the world cup, as if the two are somehow inexorably linked.

It's bizarre.
  • fontgeeksogood 11 Jul 2018 20:57:02 3,747 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    How's your health mongo
  • spamdangled 11 Jul 2018 20:57:58 31,738 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Also: If I hear people shouting 3 lions in the street anymore, I might crack. I feel sorry for anyone that works in a Sports bar.
  • challenge_hanukkah 11 Jul 2018 21:40:44 8,841 posts
    Seen 19 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    How's your health mongo
    Have a heart, will ya?
  • JamboWayOh 11 Jul 2018 21:56:34 10,293 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    How's your health mongo
    Have a heart, will ya?
    Arf!
  • Deleted user 12 July 2018 04:56:47
    Brexit seems to have come early.
  • challenge_hanukkah 12 Jul 2018 05:10:19 8,841 posts
    Seen 19 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    How's your health mongo
    Have a heart, will ya?
    Arf!
  • Psychotext 12 Jul 2018 19:24:36 64,180 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Pretty damning stuff: http://politics.co.uk/blogs/2018/07/12/if-this-is-all-the-government-has-for-its-brexit-white-paper
  • LetsGoAGAIN 12 Jul 2018 19:27:15 647 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Pretty damning stuff: http://politics.co.uk/blogs/2018/07/12/if-this-is-all-the-government-has-for-its-brexit-white-paper
    Posted by Ian Dunt, a remainer. Would love a balanced view.
  • Frogofdoom 12 Jul 2018 19:30:07 10,944 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    We would love you to fuck off.
  • Armoured_Bear 12 Jul 2018 19:32:54 24,977 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    LetsGoAGAIN wrote:
    Psychotext wrote:
    Posted by Ian Dunt, a remainer. Would love a balanced view.
    He is balanced you muppet.
    His words :

"I donít criticise Brexit because I am passionately in love with Europe. I am actually very wary of it. I criticise Brexit because I find the EU vastly superior to the moral and strategic inadequacy of British reactionaries. The choice between EU membership and Ukipís Britain is like a choice between a rainy day by the seaside or a hot date with Freddy Krueger. Itís not a difficult decision to make."
  • LetsGoAGAIN 12 Jul 2018 19:35:17 647 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear Iím saying it is hard to tell due to his previous articles on the subject.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.