Post Poll... Britain decided to... Page 1028

• DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 11 Oct 2018 11:06:33 32,180 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Bad news. You're banned. There was a vote and everything. Not sure people understood the vote though. I think they wanted to ban an invasion of literal Armoured Bears, so you'll probably be fine :)
  • KnuttinAtoll 11 Oct 2018 11:11:25 6,060 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear well our friend (who's Italian btw) in Lausanne bought an apartment and apparently the bank (or the state? Not sure now) has the power to take it from you if you commit crimes (and again, could be wrong but he told us this could be petty stuff like speeding tickets), and that this only applies to foreigners.

I'm probably not entirely fair towards Zurich, as it was a week's business trip during the dark part of autumn, so didn't really see much of the place, whereas Lausanne was as part of a holiday during the summer with glorious weather.
  • Dougs 11 Oct 2018 11:13:17 86,861 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Be like Brexit then.

Aaaaand we're back OT
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Oct 2018 11:24:28 24,330 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    Bad news. You're banned. There was a vote and everything. Not sure people understood the vote though. I think they wanted to ban an invasion of literal Armoured Bears, so you'll probably be fine :)
    You had me worried there !
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 11 Oct 2018 11:34:40 32,180 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It didn't work. They're here. So many bears. They're armed. They can use guns. I think one may have just seen me. I think he's coming through the windorpngqaehbnjqeaprbhjehnt

HELLO FELLOW HUMANS. SORRY, I MUST HAVE EATEN A FOOD THAT MADE ME SAY LIES ABOUT BEARS. PLEASE ALL COME TO SCOTLAND AND ENJOY THE SCARCITY OF ARMED BEARS ENSLAVING THE POPULATION.
  • KnuttinAtoll 11 Oct 2018 11:43:10 6,060 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So Blair reckons that "if the UK holds a second referendum, the EU would make a more attractive offer".

And it's implied that that would be in relation to FoM.

I don't get it - the UK chose not to implement rules that limit FoM, as many other EU states do, so why is there a need for the EU to change them? Also, I really do not see FoM causing the same debates in rEU as it does in Britain. It's a non issue.

Plus, the mere idea of the EU falling over themselves changing existing and well working rules just to obtain the possibility of a second ref (nobody knows what the result of that will be!) seems a bit far fetched.

Edited by KnuttinAtoll at 11:43:59 11-10-2018
  • Dougs 11 Oct 2018 11:47:12 86,861 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Yeah, don't buy that. There won't be a 2nd ref without a GE. And I'm not even convinced then
  • KnuttinAtoll 11 Oct 2018 11:53:39 6,060 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't think so either, it's just that I always took Blair as one of the more realistic guys out there and him coming up with these ideas doesn't really compute. Unless he's playing games with a certain goal in mind, whatever that may be.

Edit - it's not even the idea of a second ref, but the assumption that the EU will bend over on the particular issue of FoM.

Edited by KnuttinAtoll at 11:54:33 11-10-2018
  • Dougs 11 Oct 2018 12:00:04 86,861 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Can't see it, would need Treaty change.
  • KnuttinAtoll 11 Oct 2018 12:01:22 6,060 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Indeed. He's just adding hot air but not sure why. Ah well, could be as simple as him just missing the limelight.
  • monkman76 11 Oct 2018 12:06:55 13,540 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    I don't get it - the UK chose not to implement rules that limit FoM, as many other EU states do, so why is there a need for the EU to change them? Also, I really do not see FoM causing the same debates in rEU as it does in Britain. It's a non issue.
    Not defending the UK in any way here, but are you sure FoM is such a non-issue in rEU? I thought that was one of the main drivers behind the popularity of the likes of Le Pen, AfD in Germany, the populists in Italy etc.
  • TheSaint 11 Oct 2018 12:18:44 18,003 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    That was more to do with migration than FOM. Not everyone likes African farmers as much as our dearly departed former poster.
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Oct 2018 12:19:09 24,330 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    It didn't work. They're here. So many bears. They're armed. They can use guns. I think one may have just seen me. I think he's coming through the windorpngqaehbnjqeaprbhjehnt

HELLO FELLOW HUMANS. SORRY, I MUST HAVE EATEN A FOOD THAT MADE ME SAY LIES ABOUT BEARS. PLEASE ALL COME TO SCOTLAND AND ENJOY THE SCARCITY OF ARMED BEARS ENSLAVING THE POPULATION.
    Haha.
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Oct 2018 12:20:11 24,330 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    Not defending the UK in any way here, but are you sure FoM is such a non-issue in rEU? I thought that was one of the main drivers behind the popularity of the likes of Le Pen, AfD in Germany, the populists in Italy etc.
    Think it's immigration of dark skinned people behind that.
  • elstoof 11 Oct 2018 12:21:28 21,348 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Tucking into a delicious pizza at a north London Franco Manca, like being back in Napoli just without the Neapolitans
  • monkman76 11 Oct 2018 12:21:40 13,540 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think DFawkes is confusing armed with armoured here. Hopefully the Scottish authorities haven't made the same mistake.
  • monkman76 11 Oct 2018 12:25:46 13,540 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    monkman76 wrote:
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    But doesn't Salvini for example blame the EU (in part at least) for that?
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Oct 2018 12:25:47 24,330 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Tucking into a delicious pizza at a north London Franco Manca, like being back in Napoli just without the Neapolitans
    A chain restaurant with Stilton and chorizo, just like in Napoli.
    🙄
  • elstoof 11 Oct 2018 12:27:05 21,348 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Oh no they offer different regional ingredients that arenít native to Italy they must therefore be inauthentic
  • KnuttinAtoll 11 Oct 2018 12:32:03 6,060 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    monkman76 wrote:
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    But doesn't Salvini for example blame the EU (in part at least) for that?
    As others have said already it's about non EU migration. I think Salvini is having cheap shots at the EU for not helping Italy more with addressing the large numbers of refugees, although he should probably aim those at Eastern European countries that just refuse to take any, but interestingly enough share the same right-wing xenophobic views as he does. And I also think the UK should do a lot more given it's been part of the reason we're having this mess now (Libya, Iraq).

Edited by KnuttinAtoll at 12:33:52 11-10-2018
  • disusedgenius 11 Oct 2018 12:32:52 9,359 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    SohoJoes was/is the king of pizza in London anyway.
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Oct 2018 12:33:20 24,330 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Oh no they offer different regional ingredients that arenít native to Italy they must therefore be inauthentic
    Exactly the same as in Naples*

*except for totally different ingredients and taste
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Oct 2018 12:36:13 24,330 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I had fish and chips for lunch today, was fish, batter and potatoes so exactly like back in the UK.
    How hard can it be? Simple food, no magic required.

*The chips were fried, the fish was in wee pieces, there was no vinegar and it wasnít anywhere near as good.
  • elstoof 11 Oct 2018 12:39:06 21,348 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Totally different optional ingredients, itís a shame youíre so narrow minded when it comes to food really because you seem to like it
  • elstoof 11 Oct 2018 12:41:00 21,348 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Fun fact thatís going to make you spunk yourself, the sourdough starter that they use was brought over from Naples
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Oct 2018 12:43:53 24,330 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Totally different optional ingredients, itís a shame youíre so narrow minded when it comes to food really because you seem to like it
    Iím not narrow minded at all, your pizza today may be amazing but thatís not the point.
    All I ever said was that Iíve never tasted pizzas the same as the ones that I had in Naples.
    It was pointed out to me that this is impossible; it is simple food, few ingredients, no magic required, blahfuckingblah

Today you claim that your stilton and chorizo pizza tastes exactly the same as a salami and scamorza pizza in Naples, I remain skeptical.
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Oct 2018 12:47:21 24,330 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Fun fact thatís going to make you spunk yourself, the sourdough starter that they use was brought over from Naples
    London hipster wankers need to get fucking over sourdough, jesus Christ.
  • Load_2.0 11 Oct 2018 12:50:23 28,009 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    In Naples that atoms are different.

If you tried to eat a pizza with the same ingredients in Scunthorpe it would taste of bee's and mud.
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Oct 2018 12:52:31 24,330 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:

If you tried to eat a pizza with the same ingredients in Scunthorpe it would taste of bee's and mud.
    Youíre right, all food tastes the same everywhere, exactly the same, the world over.
  • Load_2.0 11 Oct 2018 12:56:33 28,009 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Load_2.0 wrote:

Youíre right, all food tastes the same everywhere, exactly the same, the world over.
    No you're right!

Regional food delicacies cannot be replicated or improved upon outside of a specific 25 mile radius.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.