Post Poll... Britain decided to... Page 1029

• Armoured_Bear 11 Oct 2018 13:00:07 24,977 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    In Naples that atoms are different.

If you tried to eat a pizza with the same ingredients in Scunthorpe it would taste of bee's and mud.
    Youíre right, all food tastes the same everywhere, exactly the same, the world over.
    No you're right!

Regional food delicacies cannot be replicated or improved upon outside of a specific 25 mile radius.
    Thank you.
    You see, that wasnít difficult!
  • elstoof 11 Oct 2018 13:12:17 21,963 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:

Today you claim that your stilton and chorizo pizza tastes exactly the same as a salami and scamorza pizza in Naples, I remain skeptical.
    No I didnít, but I can say with confidence that a Stilton and chorizo pizza in Naples would taste the same as one in London, if there was a restaurant offering it. The crust is equally as good, the tomatoes are the same as used in Naples, the cheese is either imported from Italy or made more locally in the same way - they just offer some options that you might like to try if you wanted to. The chorizo isnít even Spanish chorizo, just a lightly seasoned cured sausage thatís thickly cut. More authentic than pepperoni at least
  • elstoof 11 Oct 2018 13:13:49 21,963 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    elstoof wrote:
    Fun fact thatís going to make you spunk yourself, the sourdough starter that they use was brought over from Naples
    London hipster wankers need to get fucking over sourdough, jesus Christ.
    Says the man with a £300 rice cooker. Itís just yeast mush, try and get a handle on yourself
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Oct 2018 13:16:28 24,977 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    elstoof wrote:
    Fun fact thatís going to make you spunk yourself, the sourdough starter that they use was brought over from Naples
    London hipster wankers need to get fucking over sourdough, jesus Christ.
    Says the man with a £300 rice cooker. Itís just yeast mush, try and get a handle on yourself
    It was only 170 quid.

No normal bread exists anymore in London, only sourdough.
  • Jono62 11 Oct 2018 13:17:48 21,378 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Actually there's loads of bread available in London, not just sourdough.
  • Dougs 11 Oct 2018 13:18:41 87,395 posts
    Seen 41 seconds ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Sourdough gives me indigestion. Only worked that out after a cheapo supermarket pizza had me up half the night.
  • Frogofdoom 11 Oct 2018 13:19:58 10,947 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I love sourdough bread.
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Oct 2018 13:20:48 24,977 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    Actually there's loads of bread available in London, not just sourdough.
    That was hyperbole
  • elstoof 11 Oct 2018 13:21:27 21,963 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Best bread in London is definitely Olivierís, thereís a stall at Borough Market, highly recommended. Itís not even sourdough
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Oct 2018 13:23:04 24,977 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:

Today you claim that your stilton and chorizo pizza tastes exactly the same as a salami and scamorza pizza in Naples, I remain skeptical.
    No I didnít, but I can say with confidence that a Stilton and chorizo pizza in Naples would taste the same as one in London, if there was a restaurant offering it. The crust is equally as good, the tomatoes are the same as used in Naples, the cheese is either imported from Italy or made more locally in the same way - they just offer some options that you might like to try if you wanted to. The chorizo isnít even Spanish chorizo, just a lightly seasoned cured sausage thatís thickly cut. More authentic than pepperoni at least
    So you expect it to be the same or you have tried and found it to be the same?
  • nickthegun 11 Oct 2018 13:23:46 75,875 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Our local Waitrose sells at least twice as many varieties of sourdough as any other types of bread. You can just get a white loaf of Hovis but God knows how many brands and varieties of artisan sourdough.
  • elstoof 11 Oct 2018 13:24:37 21,963 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Also Franco Manca offers various Italian options on the specials board depending on availability; níduja, bresaola, speck, mortadella... itís amazing how they do it really, Italy is a whole fucking world away
  • AcidSnake 11 Oct 2018 13:24:38 8,012 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Do your pizzerias use wood-burning ovens though?

I think that makes a huge difference to what a pizza tastes like...

It's all moot anyway as in our Italian restaurants we have accompanying music by an up and coming artist named Stefansen...
  • challenge_hanukkah 11 Oct 2018 13:25:27 8,846 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is Stef Italian?

Why did I think he was Swiss?
  • elstoof 11 Oct 2018 13:26:35 21,963 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:

I have tried and found a tomato, oregano and garlic pizza to be equally as good. I would expect a Stilton and whatever to be the same, if I ever had the chance to try a Stilton pizza in Italy and assuming Iíd ever eat Stilton. This isnít really that hard to comprehend so Iím assuming you are being wilfully obtuse about the difference

Edited by elstoof at 13:27:41 11-10-2018
  • neilka 11 Oct 2018 13:29:44 22,178 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ecosse is only interested in piping hot street pizza.
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Oct 2018 13:29:49 24,977 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:

I have tried and found a tomato, oregano and garlic pizza to be equally as good.
    Well I havenít found a sausage and walnut pizza bianca that tastes anywhere near as good, which is what my original point was.
    Clearly every Pizzeria in Europe has identical tasting ones, Iíve just missed them till now.
  • KnuttinAtoll 11 Oct 2018 13:29:53 6,412 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    Is Stef Italian?

The Swiss don't do crazy musician.

Well, apart from DJ Bobo.
  • Ddanno 11 Oct 2018 13:32:32 1,317 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    M and S are stocking jars of N'duja spread. I put it on a hot dog.

You're welcome
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Oct 2018 13:33:00 24,977 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    Is Stef Italian?

The Swiss don't do crazy musician.

Well, apart from DJ Bobo.
    /shudders
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Oct 2018 13:33:22 24,977 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I really want a nice pizza now
  • challenge_hanukkah 11 Oct 2018 13:33:35 8,846 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I ate once.
  • elstoof 11 Oct 2018 13:34:15 21,963 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    elstoof wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:

I have tried and found a tomato, oregano and garlic pizza to be equally as good.
    Well I havenít found a sausage and walnut pizza bianca that tastes anywhere near as good, which is what my original point was.
    Clearly every Pizzeria in Europe has identical tasting ones, Iíve just missed them till now.
    No that wasnít your point at all
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Oct 2018 13:38:14 24,977 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    elstoof wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:

No that wasnít your point at all
    Yes it was, thatís what I wrote then you and PES started your cntathon.
  • monkman76 11 Oct 2018 13:44:16 13,767 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @KnuttinAtoll it's a little disingenuous imo to try to separate migration specifically between EU member states from the wider picture of the general rise of anti-immigrant feeling across the West, and from antipathy towards the EU. I just googled Marine Le Pen EU for example, and one of the promises that almost got her elected was to push for EU reform including restoring borders between member countries. I'm pretty sure AfD are promising similar. To say FoM is a non issue in the rest of the EU is head in the sand stuff.
  • elstoof 11 Oct 2018 13:44:33 21,963 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Claiming you canít find a pizza as good as one in Naples anywhere else is very different to claiming you had the best pizza of your life in a particular Neapolitan restaurant. The second is entirely subjective and unarguable, the first is just some wanky perception of terroir that means bread and tomatoes are impossible to reproduce properly outside of a specific geographic location
  • monkman76 11 Oct 2018 13:49:17 13,767 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Don't forget basil
  • captain-Snufkin 11 Oct 2018 13:50:29 763 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Talking of pizas, I'm moving close to a Dominos. Are they any good? I have tried another local pizza joint there and it was digusting.

Yes this is vital to the brexit debate.
  • Ddanno 11 Oct 2018 13:52:14 1,317 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @captain-Snufkin I don't like their sauce. I don't like Papa John's because Papa is an insufferable cunt. Pizza Hut is full of bogies.

You should have moved to Naples, basically. Bad luck.
  • challenge_hanukkah 11 Oct 2018 13:53:20 8,846 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Do they have Pizza Hut in Naples?

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.